War propaganda disappears while active, giving no effect and preventing a new propaganda

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aeneas -Decentans

Recruit
60 Badges
May 21, 2021
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
I have had a problem with war Propanda for a while now, because a new days after war propaganda is activated it disappears and giving no effects. Yet the Game think that it is active and prevents me from picking a new propaganda.
394360_screenshots_20211002230827_1.jpg
394360_screenshots_20211002230832_1.jpg

Reactions:
Not a tech support issue so moved to main forum. If the community agrees it's likely to be a bug, post in Bug Reports please.

• 1Like
Reactions:
it is a bug. iirc this was introduced in the latest patch or the one before that.

if you end the war with the nation you are propagandizing against, or if the propaganda cancels for some other reason, the decision cancels and cannot be reselected. it looks like you had a campaign against presumably luxemburg or belgium that got canceled when the capitulated, thus causing this bug. try save-reloading, that sometimes helps to fix it.

Reactions:
it is a bug. iirc this was introduced in the latest patch or the one before that.

if you end the war with the nation you are propagandizing against, or if the propaganda cancels for some other reason, the decision cancels and cannot be reselected. it looks like you had a campaign against presumably luxemburg or belgium that got canceled when the capitulated, thus causing this bug. try save-reloading, that sometimes helps to fix it.
Sadly it is Ironman, going to the achivement to have 50 or more Factories as Belgium.

if you end the war with the nation you are propagandizing against, or if the propaganda cancels for some other reason, the decision cancels and cannot be reselected.

Is this the same War Propaganda issue reported in the below bug reports? If so, does anyone know which patch introduced this issue?

It looks like you can still roll back to 1.10.5, which was released on April 15, 2021. Perhaps rolling back to this patch version would allow the OP to save his Ironman game?

Either way, I hope this bug gets fixed before No Step Back gets released. I tend the exit the game and make backup saves quite frequently when involved in lengthy wars, so it's likely only a matter of time before I get burned by this bug as well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just ran a test game as Germany in patch 1.10.5, and I can confirm that I had no issues with running War Propaganda multiple times. I quickly ended two separate wars, first with the Netherlands, and the 2nd with Denmark. I saved and quit after each war, and made sure the propaganda was still running after the war ended and the opponent was completely annexed.

So if the OP wants to roll back to 1.10.5, they would still be eligible for all BFTB achievements, and not have to deal with this bug. Hope this helps.

double propoganda in 1.10.5.png

Last edited:
I played my first game with the new No Step Back DLC beta patch last night, and unfortunately, this War Propaganda bug is still present in the latest patch.

Italy_prop2.png

Italy_prop3.png

New bug report is linked below. Please upvote if you have also noticed this issue, so hopefully this can be fixed in the next round of patches before the holiday season: