• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I may be able to help out a tad with the Basmachi...bits and pieces of information in general. How is the Basmachi revolt portrayed in your mod at present?

Just this event:
Code:
##########################################################################
#  Basmachi Revolt
##########################################################################

event = {
	id = 601000
	random = no
	country = RUS

trigger = {
		atwar = yes
		}

name = "Basmachi Revolt"
	desc = "The Basmachi Revolt, or Basmachestvo, was an uprising against Russian Empire and Soviet Russia rule in Central Asia. The movement started in 1916 during the First World War as an anti-tsarist and anti-russian revolt and it developed into a long-time civil war against the Soviets."
	style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1916 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = january year = 1917 }

action_a = {
		name = "Aargh!"
		command = { type = pop_militancy which = kirgiz value = 2 }
		command = { type = pop_militancy which = khazak value = 2 }
		command = { type = pop_militancy which = tajihk value = 2 }
		command = { type = pop_militancy which = turkmeni value = 2 }
		command = { type = pop_militancy which = uzbehk value = 2 }
		}
	}

So basically it's a lot of rebels in Central Asia.

You could consider making Bukhara and Khiva independent again as nations to fight, although you'd have to make sure they dont get swamped by Russians at least until the early 20's. The Khanate of Bukara and Khiva declared independence and more or less they were the two centers if at all, of the Basmachi revolt. Of course other central asian tribes revolted, so you could throw in some militancy and revolts in places not owned by Khiva and Bukhara etc. The Soviets by 1921 had conquered these khanates but then there was another stage when Enver Pasha turned up.
Enver, after having fled Turkey after Kemal pushed him out in 1921, gained the trust of the Soviet authorities and they sent him to central Asia to sort the basmachi out. He quickly switched to his pan-arabic ideals and switched sides, he managed to co-ordinate some Basmachi groups under his control in Russian Turkestan and drilled them into a small, but efective army, he also had help from other former Turkish officers. He hoped to create a big pan-turkish and pan-islamist state in central asia. But after increasing Soviet offensive by 1923 he was dead and hs army crushed. (Enver got killed in 1922, some of his Turkish officer like Selim Pasha fought on until 1923 when they ran off to Afghanistan).
After 1923 the Basmachi revolt just tended to be a guerilla war, lots of raids, attacks, nothing massive however. It would last more or less until 1931 when the Soviets caught the last big Basmachi leader. Fighting would continue in parts of central Asia until 1934 though!

Thanks for the information KF! Seeing as they held out for quite some time, it's unrealistic to represent them as mere rebels. There's no need to worry about the Bolsheviks crushing them too early. There is no land connection between the Bolshevik territories and Central Asia, as Kolchak is in the way of it and usually the Urals fall in 1919-1920. Usually the rebels dissapear in 1917-1918, mostly due to Kolchaks forces killing the rebels.

Just so you all know; I'm still working on this mod. I'm currently reworking most of the original 1914 events. What has been done so far:

-Added more trench warfare events (now trenches can develop in Belgium and Southern France (if Italy is Central Powers), although I'm currently thinking this is the cause behind the early peace of France
-Reworked all entry events, now the Entente or Central Powers have a say who joins them (minus a few exceptions)
-Added more events to the Russian Revolutions
-Plus various changes to the scenario setup

I've been looking into some post-1918 British and Irish possible events etc.

I'm not sure if you've got these at all, but, doesn't hurt to suggest or post up. Hope these help a little for some British political flavour events.

UK

1919 - Government of India Act, provided dual government in India

1921 - Imperial Conference , at the conference the Canadians successfully persauded the UK not to renew its Japanese alliance, though Australia fought for Britian to renew it

19th October 1922 - Carlton Club Rebellion, Conservative Party votes to leave the coalition with Lloyd George's Liberal Party and fight the next election as the Conservatives, not as a coaliton. End of the Coalition

1923 - Liberal Reunification and revival, the Liberal Party's decline was swayed for a moment when Lloyd George and Asquith joined together an dreunified the party under the Free Trade banner for the 1923 election, which Baldwin (Cons) stated in favour of Protectionsim.

1926 - Imperial Conference, introduced Balfour Declaration of 1926 with established the idea that the dominions were no subordinate to the UK and were equal to the UK!

May 1926 - TUC General Strike, General strike across Britain

March 1929 - Liberal 'Orange Book', this pamphlet was Lloyd Georges promise to combat unemployment, with the backing of J.M. Keynes.

December 11th 1931 - Statute of Westminster, established a status of legislative equality between the self-governing dominions of the British Empire and the United Kingdom.

21st July 1932 - Imperial Economic Conference, Held to discuss the depression. Admitted failure of Gold Standard, also established a zone of limited tariffs within the British Empire, but with high tariffs with the rest of the world

Ireland

20th September 1914 - John Redmond of the Irish Parliamentary Party urges members of the Irish Volunteers to enlist to fight in the war. The majority (now known as the National Volunteers) join up, the minority (who retained 'Irish Volunteers'), don't.

2nd January 1920 - Recruitment in Britain for what would become known as the 'Black and Tans'.

25th February 1920 - Government of Ireland Bill introduced to the House of Commons

21st November 1920 - Assasinations of British agents in Ireland, 'Bloody Sunday' atrocity in answer to it.

10th December 1920 - Martial Law introduced in the counties of Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Tipperary.

22nd June 1922 - General Sir Henry Wilson, N. Irelands government advisor on security, assasinated by IRA gunmen in London

22nd August 1922 - Michael Collins killed

1930 - Military college at Curragh formed for regular cadets

1934 - The Volunteer Force, new reserve force, established

Hope this helps!

Thanks Kaiser Franz! I'll see if I've time to implement them for the next release. I'm currently focusing on the defeat event, which had either bugs or triggers which wouldn't be fulfilled anymore, and the immediate aftermath of the Russian withdrawal from the Caucasus.

I just wanted to say that this really is a great mod! :)

I gave you some free publicity in this thread too! :p

Thanks for the compliment and publicity, Ahura!

Version 1.03b is now available for download here or here. The changelog can be seen in the first post. Unfortunately, due to a lack of time I didn't have the possibility to add all of Kaiser Franz' suggestions or a good examination of the defeat events, although some triggers have been reworked so they can fire while GER is at war.

I was looking through the events etc, are there any events for the whites in the russian civil war to win etc?
Also, i was wondering if there were any other nations or particular things you'd like me to help out on in terms of research? Liek what i did for the chinese civil war, british, makhno etc.

The only problems I've encountered is if you play with only normal AI aggressivness, Central Powers and the Entente will usually declare white peace not to long after start. On agressive AI setting this problem is fixed, however if things go close to histoical and the Soviets annex most of their territories, the former Entente powers will usually declare war upon them(not through events) and keep hounding them until the end of the game. Minus these two problems, this is a very great mod, I love it. :)

Last edited:
The only problems I've encountered is if you play with only normal AI aggressivness, Central Powers and the Entente will usually declare white peace not to long after start. On agressive AI setting this problem is fixed
No, it's not. Germany made peace with the UK in 1915, Germany took some British colonies in Africa.

For the early peace in 1914, the best course is a restart. It's known to happen and IIRC it's mainly dependent on the mobilization. Unfortunately there is no way to solve it, but it's less as in the original scenario.

For the peaces happening post-1914, so far I've found nothing that could solve this problem. One of my theories is that the added forts in Northern France/Belgium add casualties to soldier pops without increasing war exhaustion as much (or at all?) then if they would die in battle. However, I did notice the AI is very conflicting on this issue, one time it sign peace in 1915, the other time it will continue past 1918.

@Kaiser Franz; Maybe you can find something for France? I noticed their wikipedia articles are very short on this period. Preferably both colonial and metropolitan France.

The only problems I've encountered is if you play with only normal AI aggressivness, Central Powers and the Entente will usually declare white peace not to long after start. On agressive AI setting this problem is fixed, however if things go close to histoical and the Soviets annex most of their territories, the former Entente powers will usually declare war upon them(not through events) and keep hounding them until the end of the game. Minus these two problems, this is a very great mod, I love it. :)

There is the infamous peace between UK and Germany, which I can't fix at all. This mod is mostly plagued by early peace treaties between France and Germany, however, I might have found the solution. I've done some testing with the mobilization pools of the starting nations completely removed and added divisions under construction and I've disabled the trench warfare events (doesn't affect the western front too much, haven't seen the Germans take Paris yet). So far results have shown the AI keeps fighting for far longer with the war ending in the Treaty of Versailles most of the time. However, now I need to change the AIs to adapt to this new setup, once that's done, I'll release a hotfix for this mod.

Regarding the Soviet Union, can you check their badboy in the save? IIRC I added several BB reduction commands in the various annexation events. But it might need some increase.

The hotfix is now available for download here

Slight changes to the AI and removed the mobilization pools for all nations starting at war (and the OE) and replaced them with reserves under construction. Unfortunately the Trench Warfare events have been disabled (you can enable them in 1914.txt found in scenarios\WotN\events\). Just install it over Victoria with the latest version of WotN.

Does anyone here know a good strategy to turn the world Communist? I'm trying to pull off Lenin's plan during the Russian Civil-War which was to take over Poland, then supply the German Communists who would then help other Commies in other countries etc.

Any particular reason that Ukraine likes to declare war on Austria after the war has been...err...won?