War Effort - Operation Source [1.12.7 OPEN BETA]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Mengkukuo now has a starting core on Ordos.
One step forwards towards implementing a decision where Mengjiang is given cores on Mongolia, Buryatia, Altai, and Tuva when Japan decides to strike North. Nice
- Canadian focus 'Dollar-A-Year Men' now grants a national spirit with -33% political advisor cost. The exchange rate of dollars to political power is poor.
- Canadian focus 'Bits and Pieces Program' has gained an extra bit and piece, now granting 4% industrial and dockyard output, from 3%
- Canadian focuses that grant army experience now grant significantly more of it
- Fascist Canada now has the choice to offer concessions to the United Kingdom in return for Labrador and Newfoundland, which will be more likely to be accepted. Tooltips added for conditions leading to higher success chances.
- Canadian Focus 'Retool Angus Shops' now grants 2 military factories, from 1
- Canadian Focus 'United Shipyards' now grants 4 dockyards, from 3
- Canadian Focus 'Maritime Colonial Railway' now grants 2 Civilian Factories, from 1
- Canadian Focus 'Defense of Canada Regulations' now takes 35 days, from 70
Appreciated. Perhaps a Quebecian tag on this or the January's patch?
- Australia has an additional shipyard focus. Each shipyard focus unlocks one of the naval designers, and naval designer traits are rebalanced.
- All Australian focuses granting army experience now grant between 5 and 10 times more
- Australian focus 'Naval Auxiliary Patrol' now grants 5% core defence factor, from 3%, and 10% naval experience gain (new). Experience gain from naval focuses increased slightly.
- Australian Arms Production focus now grants -10% infantry equipment build cost in addition to civilian factory conversion speed.
- Added a new focus for Australia, 'Coordinate Central Bureau', which adds 2 signal company research/ahead of time bonuses, and a decryption bonus if La Resistance is owned.
Good too. Can you add a country flag for the Australians so that if they didn't complete "Support Indonesian Uprising" foci when Indonesian player fires a fascist civil war, they would not given a free Indonesian puppet when Indonesian fascists wins?
- Added one new Hungarian Focus to construct a new flagship, accelerating potential naval growth a bit. Admiral Horthy can now complete his transcendence.
- Hungarian Aluminium production is balanced between Transdanubia and Northern Hungary. Added 1 excavation decision to improve Transdanubian bauxite production, requiring excavation II
- Added a Hungarian Focus for restarting the shipping industry, adding 3 dockyards in a coastal state
Nice
- Warscore contribution from lend leasing fuel and equipment roughly tripled. Warscore malus from receiving lendlease remains unchanged for now.
- Warscore from capturing a province for the first time increased to 4, from 3, Warscore from IC damage reduced by 20%
- Taking occupied states in peace conferences is now considerably cheaper. AI is less likely to contest unoccupied states (though they still will if they have good reasons)
Hopefully this would benefit everyone with more spare warscores
- Added a new option when releasing nations. You can now choose to retain states upon which you have cores. Retained cores can still be returned to the puppet through the occupation menu.
Nicenicenicenice!!!!

Also, still need to fix the bug regarding wiping out improved relations, and of course, misplaced and missing core/claims for the formable nations including reworking Arabia.
Thanks for fixing this missing cores. However, there are still some missing cores in other formable nations. Here you have a list:

Al-Andalus:
Recreate the Umayyad Caliphate: Missing cores in Cairo (907), Aden (659) and Qatar (765)
The Northern Expansion: Missing cores in Van (800), Abkhazia (826), Kabardino-Balkaria (827), North Ossetia (828) and Chechnya-Ingushetia (821)

Arabia:
Missing cores in Yemen (293), Oman (294), Qatar (765), Hatay (799), Kassala (883) and Sidi Ifni (783).

Greater Indonesian Confederacy:
Missing core in Portuguese Timor (721).

Macedonian Empire:
Missing core in Hatay (799). Also is given a core without relation in Gibraltar (118).

Persian Empire:
Missing core in Van (800), Hatay (799) and Cairo (907). Also is given a core without relation in Gibraltar (118).

European Union:
Missing core in Pyrénées-Atlantique (806).

Also, may I suggest a rework of this formable nation, not requiring states like Zara (163), Königsberg (763) or the eastern states in Germany. And maybe could have subsequent decisions to also core next countries that over time would be part of the UE before the fall of Communism (UK, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Denmark, Austria, Sweden, etc.)

• 6Like
Reactions:
One step forwards towards implementing a decision where Mengjiang is given cores on Mongolia, Buryatia, Altai, and Tuva when Japan decides to strike North. Nice
Yeah, afaik Mengkukuo was literally supposed to be the ethnic Mongol puppet state under Japan right? But in game terms they're just a random puppet that gets nothing by the end of the war.
Quebecois

Wish list: fix all of the discrepencies with new states that were accidentally left out of decisions and focuses that give cores. Many formables are missing states. For ones like Arabia they can't core one of their highest pop states.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Quick question: what about naval hit chance formula? I though that would be tested/implemented this patch acordingly to @Corex (or it was @Codex? One of the devs)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Moveover, can we finally fix Quebec to just be negative state modifiers only instead of just letting it be only a spirit that's -30% of Canada's population, and fix the mutual exclusivity? Having a choice between manpower and industry isn't great for a nation

• 5Like
Reactions:
Also, still need to fix the bug regarding wiping out improved relations, and of course, misplaced and missing core/claims for the formable nations including reworking Arabia.
Most formable nations should have little reworks to make them enjoyable and bug-free, Turan has missing cores not only in newly added states, also it misses some Turkic core states like Ufa, Kazan, Chuvashia etc
It has 2 required states which are not coreable (very unnecessary)

Ottoman empire still has issues, doesn't have any cores in western Yugoslavia and Crimea.

EU needs Zara to form (Idk why)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Really cool patch, once again thank you for revisiting these old nations, and I hope you return to fix and add stuff to them more often. However, I haven't actually read anything about the focuses ''Send in the zombies'' or ''National steel sar'', I get the idea that, as Canada, you can't afford to focus both on domestic production and on full scale war in Europe, however, some decisions regarding manpower would fit really well with the rest of the tree, maybe the ''Send in the zombies'' branch could lead to more impactful war, recruitable population and division bonuses. Another thing I've noticed is that the ''National Steel Car'' could also lead to the canadian industry being more meaningfully impacted, as Canada was actually a giant industrial powerhouse in America, but in the game, even with these new changes, I can't actually see this aspect of canadian participation in WW2 being represented in an engaging or being even possible at all.
If these were to be changed, I believe it would make Canada a much more specialized and engaging nation to play as, especially if you add more unique decisions related to each path, making different playthroughs more unique.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can I ask for a decision for Autrailia to annex New Zealand as an independent democracy (and getting cores) and a few more civ foci for it? (I like playing austrailia)

Reactions:
Can I ask for a decision for Autrailia to annex New Zealand as an independent democracy (and getting cores) and a few more civ foci for it? (I like playing austrailia)

As an Australian living in New Zealand, I'm aghast. As a HOI4 player, I will not rest until the Eastern Island is annexed.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
All heading in the right direction for Together for Victory, just need Canada's two generic generals to be either removed or given actual portraits.
It's laughable that Canada has three admirals, then two generals and two generics.
Meanwhile, over in Bob Semple land, three generals and two admirals.

I mean,
EH?!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I, for one, like the mutual exclusivity between industry and manpower. Maybe some people don't like that they can't remove the last red penalty, but I find this type of tradeoff interesting.
It's also one of these unique cases that give more 'individuality' to the focus trees.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
All heading in the right direction for Together for Victory, just need Canada's two generic generals to be either removed or given actual portraits.
It's laughable that Canada has three admirals, then two generals and two generics.

I mean,
EH?!
And then there's South Africa.

1 general and 1 admiral...

And then there's South Africa.

1 general and 1 admiral...
As a South African. The South African content is so low quality that it makes me sad.

We are at a point where Namibia and Mozambique have more states than South Africa. Lesotho and Swaziland don't even exist.
Jan Smuts and his role in the war is barely touched on.

• 3Like
Reactions:
As a South African. The South African content is so low quality that it makes me sad.

We are at a point where Namibia and Mozambique have more states than South Africa. Lesotho and Swaziland don't even exist.
Jan Smuts and his role in the war is barely touched on.

Oh lawd no, don't mention South Efrica please.
You have almost nothing to do apart from (eerily similar to Canada I might add) choosing between industry or manpower.

Having to choose between manpower and industry (especially in Canada's case) is just impractical.

add-on: My God! I forgot about how the Namib was broken up into several states. Four to Namibia and three to South Efrica proper.
Oh deary me.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I mean,
EH?!

Thomas Victor Anderson is a skill 4, equivalent to the best WW2 Generals. If you look at his biography, he didn't do anything really. Seems like and utterly random pick and skill assignment. Neither did the other generic, Percival John Montague, who just hung out in London.. When I think of Canadian WW2 generals, I think of the examples I posted earlier in this thread. Wish it could be basically re-done. There's even a portrait for McNaughton already, he's used as one of the British-style generics, I think.

Reactions:

I mean,
EH?!
Harry Crerar and Andrew McNaughton need to be added as generals for Canada honestly. It's a shame Canada doesn't have much generals honestly. Even Australia has more at start