War Effort - Operation Pike Patch 1.12.11 Checksum 92f5

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDXKatten

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
QA
Oct 14, 2022
Generals!

Operation Pike is rolling out with plenty of new bug fixes, Modding Support, Balance Tweaks and changes for our Canadian comrades in the North!

The patch will be live on Steam today, but the Microsoft patch is unfortunately delayed until March 14th, sorry about that!

Steam Event Header.jpg

Feature

- German, Japanese and British trees will now hide obsolete branches if the related game rule is turned on.
- French and USA focus trees will now hide obsolete branches if the related game rule is turned on.
- Added a new alt-history branch to Canada's Communist path, allowing further reduction of the Great Depression, wargoals on the United States, and various other benefits, at the cost of being unable to join or create factions

Balance

- Germany now begin with 80 transport planes, from 4

Gameplay

- Tweaked Ethiopian Balance of Power, to decrease risk of country collapse
- Made coring decision for Italo-Ethiopian empire available when controlling, rather than owning, states
- Made it possible to move capital to Jerusalem after Axum for Ethiopia
- Made it possible for Ethiopia to collaborate with Italy as Monarchy as well as Fascist
- Improved Regional Supply depots National Spirit for Ethiopia
- Made multiple investments at the same time possible for Ethiopia
- Added camelry to Sultanate of Aussa

UI

- Now the disabling of construction of railway lines on the map will remove them from construction UI.
- Delete-building button should now be visible/usable on UI-scaled clients
- Now, if you hover mouse over an invasion arrow, the whole path will be visible even if it is overlapped by another one.
- Visual improvement of the create faction window.
- Now the army theater groups will show the reinforcement priority.

Modding

- Removed deprecated trigger pc_is_state_outside_influence_for
- State level production speed modifiers now have the correct loc keys

Bugfixes

- Changed the "repair_speed_infrastructure_factor" modifier description to accurately reflect its actual effect
- Fixed creation of unbuildable plane variants by create_equipment_variant effect.
- Focus tree screen will now properly refresh when something changes the display - like when the player chooses a branch and it hides the other ones.
- Fixed the exploit of ignoring the special forces cap when changing army templates.
- Game rule "Show Obsolete Branches in Focus Tree" no longer requires any DLC.
- Motorized rocket artillery fuel usage increased from 0.12 to 1.2 to be in line with Trucks
- Fixed the missing description for all none-Italian countries receiving the end News Event for the Fate of Mussolini Event chain
- USA no longer hires both communist and fascist advisors without DLCs
- Events and focuses which invite all un-faction-ed countries of a specific ideology to a faction will no longer target subjects (this affects Spain and the Soviet Union currently)
- Fixed issue in which Italian Aircraft Designer CRDA-CANT would require the wrong Naval Designer to be active. It now requires CRDA Naval Designer as intended.
- Octavian Goga will now correctly become country leader on completion of the National Christian Party focus.
- The name of peace conferences will appear in the correct language after language changes during peace conferences.
- Fixed issue so that now Italian partisan general Ada Gobetti is properly cautious.
- Obsolete Soviet AI plan "Alternate" has now been purged.
- Build Cost equipment stat modifiers now display the correct color for a bonus (green for negative, red for positive)
- Fixed extra word in Alpine Supremacy description
- Fixed typo in Bulgarian Re-integration Campaign
- Fixed issue with Costanzo Ciano Light Cruiser Class granted by Italian focus Flotta d'Evasione when Man the Guns DLC was not active.
- Fixes to Canada's communist's path focuses

Operations-Roadmap-New2.png

As always, we appreciate your feedback here on the forum and on Steam, thank you for all of your bug reports helping us find the issues that come up!

If you haven't already, we would love to hear what you think about By Blood Alone either here on the Forums or over on Steam~

As always, you all have a great weekend and enjoy you day!

• 32Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
Reserved for Developer Replies! :)

ClydeFrosch said:
So Canadas path wasn't improved any further. I don't think it works that way or is really viable, as some buffs are needed and a possibility for an alliance with a potential trotskyist mexico as well as influencing its existence.
PDXKatten; The bugs with the path was taken care of, so that you get the 15% recruitable manpower factor, and so that one of the focuses dont get bypassed if you are in a civil war. ^^

ClydeFrosch said:
So Canadas path wasn't improved any further. I don't think it works that way or is really viable, as some buffs are needed and a possibility for an alliance with a potential trotskyist mexico as well as influencing its existence.

Arheo; The narrative is not so much that you are becoming Trotskyist, but that you're setting aside internal quarrels and building a pan-ideological coalition focused on internal solidarity.

There's scope there for future development, and that's a point I really want to hammer home about these war effort patches - they are of limited scope and time, and we are fairly hard pressed to include everything we want at any given point. You'll note that Canada, for example, has had several iterative changes in a number of war effort updates - that's going to be pretty normal for this kind of release cadence.

All that said, this path is intended to be a challenge. Now, it might be too challenging right now or for a particular playstyle, but if so, it'll be adjusted. I don't see the faction rule as something that should be changed however; it's the point of the narrative.

Marshal Ney said:
Thanks for all the work that you dev's are doing to fix the game we all love :)

Please if possible can you confirm if this(https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...e-modifier-bug-1-12-11-checksum-66ce.1572437/) is a bug or working as intended?

I don't really understand why the balance of power should go to the council(-0.50% per week) if the Italian player already recaptured the core Italian state.

Once again I leave my compliments for all the effort being made to improve the game.
PDXKatten: I have confirmed this as a bug, and I will be seeing if we can get that fixed in an upcoming war effort patch.

Thank you so much for letting us know about this!

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm just updating my Dutch East Indies mod, expecting y'all to working Pike for a few more weeks, only for you devs to release it one hour after the update, lol.

Great work, anyway. I'll find the time to update it again.

• 5Like
Reactions:
So what's next on war effort's map? It's kinda foggy on the right site :D It's kinda obvious that there will be 3 more patches but knowing title is a good thing.

Good work paradox with those patches and can't wait for new DLC!

• 6Like
Reactions:

• 6Like
Reactions:

I have to agree, I find it ironic that a Together for Victory tree has a focus tree that prevents you from interacting with factions!

• 6Like
Reactions:
I have to agree, I find it ironic that a Together for Victory tree has a focus tree that prevents you from interacting with factions!
You can't really expect to do anything as canada alone against the US, if you don't abuse some mechanics with cavalry spam, which is stupid. An alliance with mexico is needed to make it an interesting war, and it has to be already in early '38, because US gets to strong.

Edit: Real BubblesZest?

• 3Like
Reactions:
The bugs with the path was taken care of, so that you get the 15% recruitable manpower factor, and so that one of the focuses dont get bypassed if you are in a civil war. ^^

The bugs with the path was taken care of, so that you get the 15% recruitable manpower factor, and so that one of the focuses dont get bypassed if you are in a civil war. ^^
But why is half the focus tree still locked behind world tension or being at war? You can't properly build up that way and those kinds of locks were gone from future focus trees after together for victory, except if there is a good historical point in keeping them.
If you are already going through these old trees you might as well remove those locks, as i think nobody likes playing as these countries exactly because of that.

• 5Like
Reactions:

Please if possible can you confirm if this(https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...e-modifier-bug-1-12-11-checksum-66ce.1572437/) is a bug or working as intended?

I don't really understand why the balance of power should go to the council(-0.50% per week) if the Italian player already recaptured the core Italian state.

Once again I leave my compliments for all the effort being made to improve the game.

Reactions:

The narrative is not so much that you are becoming Trotskyist, but that you're setting aside internal quarrels and building a pan-ideological coalition focused on internal solidarity.

There's scope there for future development, and that's a point I really want to hammer home about these war effort patches - they are of limited scope and time, and we are fairly hard pressed to include everything we want at any given point. You'll note that Canada, for example, has had several iterative changes in a number of war effort updates - that's going to be pretty normal for this kind of release cadence.

All that said, this path is intended to be a challenge. Now, it might be too challenging right now or for a particular playstyle, but if so, it'll be adjusted. I don't see the faction rule as something that should be changed however; it's the point of the narrative.

• 4Like
Reactions:

I have confirmed this as a bug, and I will be seeing if we can get that fixed in an upcoming war effort patch.

Thank you so much for letting us know about this!

The narrative is not so much that you are becoming Trotskyist, but that you're setting aside internal quarrels and building a pan-ideological coalition focused on internal solidarity.

But i feel like more changes are needed for Canada like a real overhaul and these little tweaks make it seem like, there won't be anything like that in the future. And some old focus trees seem pretty wasted considering the newer fully-fledged approach of later DLCs such as Poland, which had a lackluster tree before.

I think my observations can help here. I noticed them playing with Romania and Yugoslavia.

Playing the Dominate the Balkans Branch with Romania and having Greece as a Vassal I realized that the Focus that makes them enter the allies does not check if Greece is independent or if it is in a Faction.

The other point is Albania, playing with Communist Yugoslavia I realized that despite Zog not being the leader of the Country, Albania will be annexed to Italy and in this case it feels like you wasted your time trying to integrate it into your faction.

So I would like to propose:

For Yugoslavia:

-Add a subbranch that allows political buffs whether you go with the USSR or the alternative.

-Add a couple of Approaches that prevent Bulgaria from supporting IMRO and then being able to turn it into a Puppet.

-Perhaps add a Focus that gives Kosovo to Albania in exchange for turning it into a puppet.

For Albania:

-Modify the annexation event of Albania so that if King Zog is not the leader of the country or Albania is in a faction, he refuses to join Italy.

For Greece:

-Modify the Focus that makes Greece join allies, so that it skips it if it is already in a faction

############################
I also want to add a couple of observations about Mexico.

When you get to the expansion branch and go to war with the United States.

The United States has a focus (The Green Plan) that gives it a permanent buff when going to war against Mexico, but Mexico only has a decision that allows it to face the United States for a limited time (Attack Plan). This could be solved by changing the buff that gives the decision of the Plan of Attack from temporary to reusable or unlimited but increasing its PP cost (Just like it is done when Manchuria enters the War with Japan).

I also want to mention that the focus of Residing the Mexican Session can be added a series of decisions related to the DLC of "La Resistance" that increases resistance and decreases compliance in the territories of Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada and California (simulating riots)

The latter has a historical basis, since during the government of President Venustiano Carranza, a series of armed uprisings were planned in the territories lost in the war under the name of Plan San Diego, with the ultimate goal of being able to re-annex said territories, but several leaders were captured and ultimately failed

• 4Like
Reactions:
I really appreciate the focus tree upgrade where non-available branches disappear. I also appreciate the reminder that updates and fixes like these will occur in smaller steps, instead of one complete project. I even like it better this way, because waiting on something big to happen gives up to much to chance and it never happens. Getting something done now, even small steps, is so much better. Thank you for keeping up the 'cadence'!

• 3Like
Reactions: