War Effort - Operation Pike Open Beta [1.12.11 - Checksum 66ce]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two more people have responded saying they are experiencing the same issue. Would you please report this bug on the bug forum?

There are 2 now:

And we all have learned now, that there is a button for "opertives map mode" in the bottom right menu, but this map mode does not show up when you click "open window with all possible map modes" ;)

Reactions:
I'm really enjoying playing through the updated old content. After 3000 hours in the game I'm still having fun!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Since Ethiopia is finally getting some love...Any chance the communist union of africa branch gets a rebalance? As anarchists its nearly impossible to do anything due to abysmal pp gain and you need way too much of it still. There is also one of the focuses that actually gives a -10% pp hit making it even worse. Hard to do anything really making whole branch useless. (Anarchist spain suffers from the same problem still - would be nice if it gets looked at).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Generals!

With the beginnings of March comes a new open beta from our glorious factory! With this patch comes quite a few bugfixes, some gameplay tweaks, added features, and a special addition for our Canadian Comrades!

If you wish to see the previous changes, you can see the previous Patch Notes here!

View attachment 952421

Listed below are all of the changes (which is subject to change where necessary) that are now live on an open beta branch. Feel free to give us feedback on these planned changes in this thread, or in our Discord!

#################
### Feature ###
#################

- German, Japanese and British trees will now hide obsolete branches if the related game rule is turned on.
- French and USA focus trees will now hide obsolete branches if the related game rule is turned on.
- Added a new alt-history branch to Canada's Communist path, allowing further reduction of the Great Depression, wargoals on the United States, and various other benefits, at the cost of being unable to join or create factions

##################
### Balance ###
##################

- Germany now begin with 80 transport planes, from 4

#####################
### Gameplay ###
#####################

- tweaked Ethiopian Balance of Power, to decrease risk of country collapse
- Made coring decision for Italo-Ethiopian empire available when controlling, rather than owning, states
- Made it possible to move capital to Jerusalem after Axum for Ethiopia
- Made it possible for Ethiopia to collaborate with Italy as Monarchy as well as Fascist
- Improved Regional Supply depots National Spirit for Ethiopia
- Made multiple investments at the same time possible for Ethiopia
- Added camelry to Sultanate of Aussa

#############
### UI ###
#############

- Now the disabling of construction of railway lines on the map will remove them from construction UI.
- Delete-building button should now be visible/usable on UI-scaled clients
- Now, if you hover mouse over an invasion arrow, the whole path will be visible even if it is overlapped by another one.
- Visual improvement of the create faction window.
- Now the army theater groups will show the reinforcement priority.

###################
### Modding ###
###################

- Removed deprecated trigger pc_is_state_outside_influence_for
- State level production speed modifiers now have the correct loc keys

################
### Bugfix ###
################

- Changed the "repair_speed_infrastructure_factor" modifier description to accurately reflect its actual effect
- When adding a production line, initial efficiency is now only set for slots that have an active factory.
- Fixed creation of unbuildable plane variants by create_equipment_variant effect.
- Focus tree screen will now properly refresh when something changes the display - like when the player chooses a branch and it hides the other ones.
- Fixed the exploit of ignoring the special forces cap when changing army templates.
- Game rule "Show Obsolete Branches in Focus Tree" no longer requires any DLC.
- Motorized rocket artillery fuel usage increased from 0.12 to 1.2 to be in line with Trucks
- Fixed the missing description for all none-Italian countries receiving the end News Event for the Fate of Mussolini Event chain
- USA no longer hires both communist and fascist advisors without DLCs
- Events and focuses which invite all un-faction-ed countries of a specific ideology to a faction will no longer target subjects (this affects Spain and the Soviet Union currently)
- Fixed issue in which Italian Aircraft Designer CRDA-CANT would require the wrong Naval Designer to be active. It now requires CRDA Naval Designer as intended.
- Octavian Goga will now correctly become country leader on completion of the National Christian Party focus.
- The name of peace conferences will appear in the correct language after language changes during peace conferences.
- Fixed issue so that now Italian partisan general Ada Gobetti is properly cautious.
- Obsolete Soviet AI plan "Alternate" has now been purged.
- Build Cost equipment stat modifiers now display the correct color for a bonus (green for negative, red for positive)
- Fixed extra word in Alpine Supremacy description
- Fixed typo in Bulgarian Re-integration Campaign
- Fixed issue with Costanzo Ciano Light Cruiser Class granted by Italian focus Flotta d'Evasione when Man the Guns DLC was not active.

View attachment 952424

As always, we very much appreciate your continued feedback and suggestions! If you encounter any bugs, please feel free to submit a ticket and we'll do our best to tackle it.

That is it for us today, make sure to have a great Weekend!
But Tim Buck was a devout Stalinist… if you’re going to make that path, at least put a Trotskyite member of the CPC in power instead of Buck… and y’all should do a Trotskyite/Stalinist path for USA, Browder Trotskyite, William Z Foster Stalinist…. As well as swap Maurice rose for Patton in the American Civil War

• 1Like
Reactions:
No se si es mucho pedir, pero soy de los que le gustan los retos, sería algo emocionante que pusieran nuevas sucursales en Sudamérica en los accesos después de reunificar las antiguas colonias, por ejemplo, la Gran Colombia, seria bueno tener una sucursal para ese pais u otros paises similares en la antiguedad al de sudamerica

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm really enjoying playing through the updated old content. After 3000 hours in the game I'm still having fun!

Snap!

hoi.jpg

Attachments

• 1678220367664.png
    1678220367664.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Will this bug be adressed in some of the minor patches?

Seems like a rather 'small' bug to me, but immersion breaking (seeing all the ww1 plane icons in the combat), and really annoying when dealing with lend-lease and aircraft equipment in general.

• 5Like
Reactions:
- When adding a production line, initial efficiency is now only set for slots that have an active factory.

Was this supposed to change when I start a game and move factories around before hitting unpause, now my production efficiency drops on lines where I added factories?
That's what that means, yes.

Will this bug be adressed in some of the minor patches?

Seems like a rather 'small' bug to me, but immersion breaking (seeing all the ww1 plane icons in the combat), and really annoying when dealing with lend-lease and aircraft equipment in general.
PDXKatten already said on this thread that they're looking in to it

• 1Like
Reactions:
Potentially in need of a fix - volunteers being sent to a nation which collapses into civil war.

For example, if I send volunteers, as the USSR, to Ethiopia because I want to shoot Italian fascists, my volunteers will join fascist rebels if they kick out the government. It'd be good for an option to pick a side came up.

Also, if Italy fractures into civil war, this screws with Ethiopia in all sorts of ways.

I have probs to change my inf unti (picture 1) in a marine unit (picture 2). I must downgrade first (picture 3).

I have told you at page 5 that i can't change my standard units in special units. Ok. I was not 100% correct. Self with downgrade in a small unit it works not. My failure. But i can't understand why you not fix it. I can build special units but i can't change in it. Its unplayable for my strategy as Finland and Manchukuo. Thats why i leave the beta then. One day later you make the beta official. Linguist, Blockade Runner and now this. Why you make me the game heavy?

Last edited:
I have told you at page 5 that i can't not change my standard units in special units. Ok. I was not 100% correct. Self with downgrade in a small unit it works not. My failure. But i can't understand why you not fix it. I can build special units but i can't change in it. Its unplayable for my strategy as Finland and Manchukuo. Thats why i leave the beta then. One day later you make the beta official. Linguist, Blockade Runner and now this. Why you make me the game heavy?
Is it possible that you simply would exceed you special unit limit with that action? The game didn't check the limit in the past when upgrading, but that was not intended and that oversight/exploit was corrected with this patch (see under bug fixes; item #5).

I don't know what you are refering to with Linguist and Blade Runner; I would recommend to explain in detail what the issue is here, as I'm not sure if a dev understands it either when reading it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is it possible that you simply would exceed you special unit limit with that action? The game didn't check the limit in the past when upgrading, but that was not intended and that oversight/exploit was corrected with this patch (see under bug fixes; item #5).

You can test it fast. Go to germany. There is one special unit. You can build more. But you can't change one normal unit in a second special unit. When you can build it! Why you can't change it? I have test it with all mods out. I think the game check work not correct. I need it for my strategy to landing with marines and then change in mountainers. Or change the standard unit when i tech this to make other invasions better. I mean before i leave the beta i have play Manchukuo and i was start my invasion strategy east and south coast and then come a message "you cant change this. You have reach the limit". I have 35 units no special unit, the special unit build was not inproved and can't chance? Now army spirit tip of the spear in not 100% more usefull.

I don't know what you are refering to with Linguist and Blade Runner; I would recommend to explain in detail what the issue is here, as I'm not sure if a dev understands it either when reading it.

Linguistbug was reportet 2 days after realse. That was february 2020. They have say they take ist to the list. But they never fix it. Now we have march 2023. I can understand that some things be lost. But there was more as one bugreport in this time. There was a selffix. But this work no more with the last dlc. Linguist works how doppelagent. But you earn more as one countryflag at operation. It was important for my espionage strategy then it save spy live and operationcost. The was other spybugs how when you have bonus at operation costs that you need no more 3 plaines or 1 factory but 2,5 and 0,7 are the same how 3 plaines and 1 factory for the game. It's hard engouh there is no break or report when you spy die or mission complete!

Blockaderunner is not earnable. It was reportet but i have no checked the date. Its trigger me not to hard how linguist or the negativ stability or warsupport with manchukuo and all the bugs at the china shared national focus. I think its a good skill for small nation they will not use submarines for hit and run. But for what should i take navy spirit Convoy warfare to push blockade runner when i can't earnable it. There is a 50% change for new captains. Last test i get 5 seawolfs, 2 with out skills and the eight was blockade runner.

Last edited:
Reactions:
You can test it fast. Go to germany. There is one special unit. You can build more. But you can't change one normal unit in a second special unit. When you can build it! Why you can't change it? I have test it with all mods out. I think the game check work not correct. I need it for my strategy to landing with marines and then change in mountainers. Or change the standard unit when i tech this to make other invasions better. I mean before i leave the beta i have play Manchukuo and i was start my invasion strategy east and south coast and then come a message "you cant change this. You have reach the limit". I have 35 units no special unit, the special unit build was not inproved and can't chance? Now army spirit tip of the spear in not 100% more usefull.
I would recommend making a bug report then with your save, as that doesn't sound like it is intended. Might be a side effect of the change I mentioned.

Linguistbug was reportet 2 days after realse. That was february 2020. They have say they take ist to the list. But they never fix it. Now we have march 2023. I can understand that some things be lost. But there was more as one bugreport in this time. There was a selffix. But this work no more with the last dlc. Linguist works how doppelagent. But you earn more as one countryflag at operation. It was important for my espionage strategy then it save spy live and operationcost. The was other spybugs how when you have bonus at operation costs that you need no more 3 plaines or 1 factory but 2,5 and 0,7 are the same how 3 plaines and 1 factory for the game. It's hard engouh there is no break or report when you spy die or mission complete!
For the sake of making things easier in case someone wants to have a look at the report, it is here:

And a second, newer one (again confirmed) here:

Blockaderunner is not earnable. It was reportet but i have no checked the date. Its trigger me not to hard how linguist or the negativ stability or warsupport with manchukuo and all the bugs at the china shared national focus. I think its a good skill for small nation they will not use submarines for hit and run. But for what should i take navy spirit Convoy warfare to push blockade runner when i can't earnable it.
Indeed, there is a bug report (not yet dev tagged) here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-any-blockade-runner-xp-1-11-12-22d5.1537399/

There is a 50% change for new captains. Last test i get 5 seawolfs, 2 with out skills and the eight was blockade runner.
At least those part doesn't sound buggy though - only 1 out 8 is easily possible even with a 50% chance.

Reactions: