• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also: I liked your lance setup! May I ask what pilots you used and why with each mech?
Sure.

Every single one of my Stock Competitive Lances is built on a foundation of placing Arclight in a Light Mech. Here I placed her in a PPC UrbanMech, knowing I could use distance to keep her Tactician Ability and the PPC Fire in play. By so doing, and just as in our match, I control who must move a Mech first, during the early Turns of a match. Then I can use Sensor Locks and Firepower to either isolate that earlier mover (like your Javelin, on our Second Turn) or move on and isolate a vulnerable Medium or Heavier Mech, like I was in the process of doing with your Enforcer.

By the way, if you had reserved Phase with one of your Lights you could have prevented my Trebuchet from gaining two Turns where it was able to fire into your Enforcer after I had whittled away its Evasion Chevrons.

Next comes Apex. Nearly all the time I find a heavy damage weapon(s) to hand to Apex for use with her Breaching Shot Ability. Here it was an AC20 UrbanMech. With so many other threats on the Battlefield (my Firestarter and heavy damage Treb) I had the sneaking suspicion that it would be able to punch above its weight far longer into a match than an AC20 normally can.

Next up was Paradise in a Firestarter. A single Firestarter Is a staple of all my Competitive Lances. The Ace Pilot Ability, combined with all those Flamers and MGs is a favorite of mine. A favorite I only get to realize in 15m matches (in 20m and 25m Matches, my Firestarter is likely my only Light Mech and thus Paradise gets preempted by Arclight.)

And lastly I had Ozone and his Surefooted Bulwarking Trebuchet. Of course the Trebuchet has a max Alpha Strike of 195-damage, that when combined with any body of water has some serious endurance to its damage output.

Any and all comments, questions and constructive criticisms from any viewer are welcome. I enjoy debating BATTLETECH Lance Composition and MechWarrior assignments. : )

Last edited:
Failures to Connect and Matches Dropped In-progress are unfortunately all too common. : (