• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a bug I noticed in the most recent version of the mod (it may predate it, I’m not sure), but the changes to Moravian characters and provinces is not tied into any name localizations. As a result, I witnessed a spate of Adam and Eve Kings and Queens of Greater Moravia during the 867 start date after the historical characters died off. Also, random coutiers from the Moravian culture also have placeholder names. I don’t know if this issue occurs among other cultural modifications but I was only able to fix the issue after deleting the submod folders for Moravian characters and provinces.

Just an FYI.

There is a bug I noticed in the most recent version of the mod (it may predate it, I’m not sure), but the changes to Moravian characters and provinces is not tied into any name localizations. As a result, I witnessed a spate of Adam and Eve Kings and Queens of Greater Moravia during the 867 start date after the historical characters died off. Also, random coutiers from the Moravian culture also have placeholder names. I don’t know if this issue occurs among other cultural modifications but I was only able to fix the issue after deleting the submod folders for Moravian characters and provinces.

Just an FYI.

I'll look into it. That's rather bizarre as I haven't touched anything but superficial stuff in those areas.

Moravian culture seems to have been changed to 'slovieni' in the HIP files, I assume correcting the reference would fix all the Adams and Smiths.

Moravian culture seems to have been changed to 'slovieni' in the HIP files, I assume correcting the reference would fix all the Adams and Smiths.

I haven’t done that myself yet, but I imagine this is a quick fix. Unfortunately I was about 50 years into a play through as the duke of Bohemia when I noticed it and rage quit.

Are there are any plans at this point to update this mod to the most recent version of HIP? I'm sure it mostly works as designs, but the moravian culture switch is a known issue and I'm sure there are other issues that could use updating.

I don't mean this post to sound critical, but I have found this submod to be essential to my playthroughs and just curious if its gone dormant so I know to update manually

Are there are any plans at this point to update this mod to the most recent version of HIP? I'm sure it mostly works as designs, but the moravian culture switch is a known issue and I'm sure there are other issues that could use updating.

I don't mean this post to sound critical, but I have found this submod to be essential to my playthroughs and just curious if its gone dormant so I know to update manually

Its not dormant, sorry for the delay. I'm about to finish the latest version.

New version up. I've been getting somewhat disillusioned with HIP however so this might be the last version for HIP.

Why the disillusion?

Well after reviewing Vanilla, I've changed my mind and I'm going to stick with HIP. I might however drop support for SWMH.

But frankly I don't think HIP is a huge improvement at making the game more accurate. It goes for breadth over depth. I don't think the game or the AI handles the added provinces particularly well - conquest is just too slow and the added holdings make some areas ahistorically strong or weak since as far as I can tell the dev team just added in places that existed without considering actual population or economic demographics. It runs at a crawl compared to vanilla. In fact I would prefer a system where duchies were the minimum CB for kingdom level realms since county level wars are too slow and ahistorical. I think the faction system makes the game too easy since it rewards you for having vassals like you and those factions rarely revolt anyway - I recognize this is partly my fault since I lobbied for HIP to include the CK2+ faction system. I hate how support for 769 has been completely dropped, as has the rest of India and Tibet. It also seems to me on comparison with vanilla that character health is much more forgiving in HIP, which isn't really historical for me. And some of the culture/religion stuff seems needlessly complicated. It seems like the HIP team settled for something which looked historical rather then something which played historical. The main thing keeping me from switching my mod over to vanilla is the laws system, and the removal of ahistorical empires - most specifically the fact that vanilla doesn't use crown authority in the same way, which is a cornerstone of my mod. I've taken a break for CK2 for a while specifically because I got more satisfaction from a house ruled version of the board game Empires of the Middle Ages, which I highly recommend as a better and more accurate simulation then CK2, albeit one focused on states rather then dynasties.

HIP/SWMH definitely needs a round of balancing, though I enjoy the prettier more granular map and it somewhat tones down the wackyness of vanilla.

Your mod is clearly a breakthrough, at least in my opinion, for the discussion I tried to start in the post "Unlimited Demesne Size Discussion", I will definitely test, and probably enjoy, just having read the changes made.

EDIT: I see only a one document called Vassal Kings are Dumb, the installation instructions are obsolete?

Last edited:
Your mod is clearly a breakthrough, at least in my opinion, for the discussion I tried to start in the post "Unlimited Demesne Size Discussion", I will definitely test, and probably enjoy, just having read the changes made.

EDIT: I see only a one document called Vassal Kings are Dumb, the installation instructions are obsolete?

You should just be able to extract the file into the mod folder and then checkmark it on the loading screen along with HIP.

Anyway I haven't abandoned SMWH yet, but I've been attempting some extensive balance changes for the future.

It looks like 1066 might have to have extensive changes done, it looks like the Seljuks are hamstrung by their tributaries into not attacking Byzantium.

@Emperor Walter Would You care to outline the changes You might like to do to your mod?

I'm still trying to find ways to fix tribals. I disabled non-independent holy war cbs and pagan invasion cbs so this way conquest is slower. I'd like to restrict the fabricate claims cb to duchy level for duke and above so there aren't empire level wars over one county. I've also made some more changes to the setup, although I don't remember what I changed at this point from the previous version. 1066 has a lot of problems though. The altered Seljuk setup means they never attack byzantium or the fatimids, so I'm probably going to start them at war in the next version. I might rework Russia as an Empire in the 1066 start based on my research into medieval Russia, and the fact fragmented Russia always gets destroyed by pagans. Expect work to be kinda slow though as I've grown increasingly irritated with stuff in CK2 they've never bothered to fix, like OP tribals, continuing problems with how vassal-lord relationships are represented, and weird definitional problems (like I've said before Empires in ck2 have never been consistently represented - it's not clear if this is supposed to represent a particularly large state or a particularly prestigious state).

I'm still trying to find ways to fix tribals. I disabled non-independent holy war cbs and pagan invasion cbs so this way conquest is slower. I'd like to restrict the fabricate claims cb to duchy level for duke and above so there aren't empire level wars over one county. I've also made some more changes to the setup, although I don't remember what I changed at this point from the previous version. 1066 has a lot of problems though. The altered Seljuk setup means they never attack byzantium or the fatimids, so I'm probably going to start them at war in the next version. I might rework Russia as an Empire in the 1066 start based on my research into medieval Russia, and the fact fragmented Russia always gets destroyed by pagans. Expect work to be kinda slow though as I've grown increasingly irritated with stuff in CK2 they've never bothered to fix, like OP tribals, continuing problems with how vassal-lord relationships are represented, and weird definitional problems (like I've said before Empires in ck2 have never been consistently represented - it's not clear if this is supposed to represent a particularly large state or a particularly prestigious state).
1. Isn't blanket -75% for tribals strong enough to put them in right place?
2. Can liege-vassal relationship be changed in the CK2 at all really?
3. I would definitely put Russia or the Rus as either a de-jure empire tier title or one formed by decision making the core Ruthenian kingdoms de jure parts of it, just like the "Form the Slavic Union" decision works.
4. I would opt for a large realm. Prestige can be administered via other means, I believe.

1. Isn't blanket -75% for tribals strong enough to put them in right place?
2. Can liege-vassal relationship be changed in the CK2 at all really?
3. I would definitely put Russia or the Rus as either a de-jure empire tier title or one formed by decision making the core Ruthenian kingdoms de jure parts of it, just like the "Form the Slavic Union" decision works.
4. I would opt for a large realm. Prestige can be administered via other means, I believe.

I removed the -75% cause it seemed to have no effect. Frankly idk why they even created a tribal government type separate from feudal.

And yeah thats what I'm doing for Empires, ie kingdom-unions like the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. But it is annoying that the base game is inconsistent about this.