• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CanadianRocket

Corporal
9 Badges
Dec 31, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Hey everybody and welcome to my first aar! Ive decided to try my hand at one of these while anxiously waiting for the new Europa IV.

Objectives Survive!, convert all Russian nations to Catholic, Reclaim the holy lands and create a Knights vassal state, ,PROFIT
General Info Playing on normal all settings except for aggressiveness on low. (I wanna see big empires!)
House Rules No cheating and NO RELOADING (I have a bad habit of this)

Also I will be using Medieval 2 total war (The stainless steel mod) for some battle shots I hope this will be alright. Anyway enough talking lets get this show on the road!

Chapter 1: Feeling the Love Already

This is our great nation and by the looks of things it seems the Hochmeister is already making friends how fun.

ca00.jpg

All efforts are put into improving the government the Hochmeister sees this as a first priority. (Because a sudden change in government policy never goes wrong right?)

khig.jpg

The local lord of Gotland Adalbert Von Freymann disagrees it seems. The Hochmeister plans to send newly appointed Ulrich Von Jungingen to deal with them.

1p76.jpg

An immediate mustering of troops is ordered for the up and coming campaign. The Hochmeister also seems happy when news comes in that Bohemia has accepted our alliance proposal.

o4fs.jpg

Unfortunately the Hochmeister gets impatient and declares war on the lowly state of Pskov. Dragging the nation into war without even the armies mustered. Pomerania joins in to help Pskov further adding the need for military support. Despite the situation the Hochmeister opts not to call in Bohemia, is he mad or just a military genius?

vcf2.jpg

Almost on que Riga declares war on The Order now it seems this is going to be one big pile up. The Hochmeister looks unamused by this certain turn of events but maintains his composure swearing to crush any who stand against us.

6nnp.jpg

Ulrich is sent to Warmia to deal with the Pomerians, the Lord still has not proven himself and gladly accepts this role.

Ulrich and his personal bodyguard arrive at the battlefield

r2as.jpg

The Pomerians armies march through the lands of the Order unopposed, little do they know what awaits them.

The Pomerians arrive

qk0z.jpg

A bloody combat ensues as Teutonic and Pomerian forces meet but it doesnt take long before the outcome of the battle is decided.

Teutonic Soldiers charging towards the ranks of the Pomerians​

wu24.jpg

Due to superior training and leadership the Pomerians are routed and ultimately destroyed.

After the dust settles...

89th.jpg

Ulrich orders his men to cut off any stragglers from the battle, hoping to put an end to this war quickly.

qd5b.jpg

Chapter 2: Unstoppable force!

So far things are looking good with the Pomerians on the retreat, all that remains is to deal with the Russians and Riga. Unfortunately more success means more problems, it seems the pagans of Samogitia are starting to cause trouble. The Hochmeister will look into finding a more permanent solution to address them.

88lz.jpg

Ulrich quickly makes his way to meet the forces of Riga who appear to be only a small detachment, they are quickly dealt with and forced back with little to no casualties.

dtsi.jpg

lfhb.jpg

Meanwhile in Pomerania the forces Ulrich leaves behind seem to be making short work of the Pomerians, laying siege to their provinces while they can only stand by helplessly as our fleet blocks their straits.

mwfr.jpg

After the swift victory over Riga Ulrich makes his way south to Wenden where the main Pskov army has secured control of the province.

9r43.jpg

Teutonic Knights watching the Russians approach

l08c.jpg

Desperately looking to get something out of us Pskov makes a laughable demand knowing they have already lost the battle.

hnht.jpg

Teutonic Pikes hold the line before the Russian attack

7j7l.jpg

With Pskov on full retreat none can stand up to the Orders armies. But what of Poland or Lithuania they sure have been quiet throughout all of this.

uo8e.jpg

Objectives Survive!, convert all Russian nations to Catholic

A worthy objective for the Marian Shield of the Holy Church! A long, long time ago I did this with my own game as the Teutonic Order. Beefed up a unified, Catholic Muscowy, created a Catholic Byzantine Empire in place of the vile turks, suffered critical HDD failure and had to wrap it all up :(

So I'll be following this AAR to see how you go about it :D

The screenshot below will speak for itself:

Order3.png

Chapter 3: Conversion Begins​

With the armies freed up the Hochmeister decides to finally deal with the upstarts on Gotland. The fleet splits in two in order to maintain the blockade at Vorpommern.

vy66.jpg

The Rebellious Lord Adalbert Von Freymann

bzg9.jpg

The battle goes as expected and the rebellion crushed before it can grow, Ulrich adds yet another victory to his name.

g9tf.jpg

Back on the mainland our first enemy gives in as our troops capture the province of Riga, they are forced to become our vassal. The Hochmeister questions why they stood against us in the first place.

y2io.jpg

Once again the pagans are causing a ruckus, the pagan leaders are quickly dealt with without too much trouble. A local missionary is also sent to deal with any future uprisings.

b74z.jpg

0wyk.jpg

Another foe falls to our sword as our first Orthodox nation falls. The Hochmeister demands they convert to Catholic and also become a vassal of our great nation. Tensions in the north have finally calmed down for the moment.

6uqy.jpg

The Hochmeister seems to make a rather questionable decision saying that now we need to improve relations with the Orthodox nations. Advisors of the Hochmesiter assure the people this is just a propaganda from our rivals.

yqi8.jpg

News comes in that the final holdout of pagans have finally been converted, the Hochmeister is astounded by the progress made with such little time.

wbxb.jpg

With the arrival of Ulrich and his battle hardened soldiers the siege of Vorpommern goes swiftly, Pomerania is made a vassal of our nation and with that the war is over.

ubgr.jpg

The Teutonic Order and its vassals May 29 1403

ok26.jpg