• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bullfilter

Old Boardgame Grognard
46 Badges
Aug 31, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hi All HOI3 Devotees!

I'm essentially reposting here what the host of the ACAs has put on the game forums for CK2, EU4, Vic2, HOI4 and Stellaris. However, as HOI3 is grouped with all remaining Paradox games in an 'Other' category, I thought I'd include something here as well, so our small but thriving forum can also have its opportunity to shine. :)

For those of you who are not familiar with the ACAs, Loup's descriptions below give you an idea and you can hop over to the ACA page from the link below to find out more. Basically, you get four votes in each game category. As HOI3 is grouped in 'other', any votes you can give your favourite AARs from this forum will help to publicise those works (maybe more readers, which we all love) and let people know we're still going strong here.

It is finally time for another round of the ACAs! Many different after action reports have been updated since the last quarter, and you now have the opportunity of voting for Q1 2018. In the last round many readAARs participated, and this time I hope we will manage to get even more participation with new voters! That is also why I'm posting this here, for all of you who haven't followed the main forum, so that you know that it has started and are able to take part in the ACAs to contribute to a record turnout.

For those of you who would not be aware of this tradition of the AARland, the ACAs are a short for "AARland Choice Awards", and are an occasion for readAARs to share and show AARs and authAARs they appreciate. As the awAARds are entirely democratic and interactive in their nature, anyone can nominate any AAR, and each nomination matters in the count, as they can highlight the hard work of all of those writing AARs across the AARland. Every vote will allow for users in the forum to broaden the selection and bring new tastes and opinions to the ACAs. In addition to making comments directly in the threads, this is therefore a golden occasion for you to show your support towards the AARs and authAARs you love!

Voting is simple and quick, and done in one single place for all games, here. There are a few guidelines to follow that you will find in the thread, and if you have any questions feel free to ask there. More than a month is left for voting. With that said, I invite you all to go ahead and vote!

- Loup, host of the ACAs

Voting has opened and ends on May 6th at 8 PM (+1 GMT). All AARs updated between January 1st 2018 and March 31st 2018 (inclusive) are eligible for nominations.

The latest ACAs are hosted at Q1 2018 ACAs

Let's show the rest of the forums that HOI3 still packs a punch! :D

Having a soft spot for HoI3 AARland I support your advertisment, @Bullfilter!;) You can expect my four "other" votes to almost certainly go to HoI3 AARs.:)

Having a soft spot for HoI3 AARland I support your advertisment, @Bullfilter!;) You can expect my four "other" votes to almost certainly go to HoI3 AARs.:)
Thank you and may the force be with us! :D:cool:

Harrumph! When I was your age we only had HoI2 and its variants and by Jove did it feel great! ;)
Heh! I started on vanilla HOI1 - and gee, if you were ‘once my age’ that would put you in a retirement home! :D

Given the disappearance of HoI3 as a separate category and increasing shift towards HoI4 with the latest updates, I did not put up a thread here the latest rounds, but since there remains interest and engagement around this game, and after all, that is the key to showing appreciation to the ACAs, I'm more than happy to see this initiative. Writing is intemporal, the game itself could be decades old and the screenshots out of host, but the words themselves don't age a day. That said, go out and vote, HoI3 fans! :D

Given the disappearance of HoI3 as a separate category and increasing shift towards HoI4 with the latest updates, I did not put up a thread here the latest rounds, but since there remains interest and engagement around this game, and after all, that is the key to showing appreciation to the ACAs, I'm more than happy to see this initiative. Writing is intemporal, the game itself could be decades old and the screenshots out of host, but the words themselves don't age a day. That said, go out and vote, HoI3 fans! :D
Indeed: the more the merrier - and the market will drive the response. :)

Just bumping this thread: only a few more days left to vote on the Quarterly ACAs. Show them how strong HOI3 still is. Voting is easy - you can nominate as few categories and AARs as you want. And your nominated authAARs will really appreciate it and will be encouraged to keep writing.

There are some really good recent/new AARs on this forum - why not award the ones you are reading at the moment with a nomination? :)

There are some really good recent/new AARs on this forum - why not award the ones you are reading at the moment with a nomination? :)
There are also some excellent slow/old AARs on this forum which also deserve a nomination....

I'm talking about @AtlanticFriend and Crossfires. What did you think I meant? ( ;) :D )

There are also some excellent slow/old AARs on this forum which also deserve a nomination....

I'm talking about @AtlanticFriend and Crossfires. What did you think I meant? ( ;) :D )
:D For the young and the young at heart; for AAR ages 2 to 200 months; for your AAR, its children, and its children’s children! The ACAs are for you! :)