• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ActionMovie

Sergeant
33 Badges
Oct 6, 2016
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Does the voice of Nerat assimilate souls into a collective mind sharing the same body? Will he consume our love interests?

That is at least how I understood the Archon's Voice story. It's quite an unsettling power. One of Many gave me nightmares.

Makes me wonder if the game takes some inspiration from the Black Company books, Voices of Nerat gives me a lot of Soulcatcher vibes.
Yout got it righ: in an interview with the writers, someone mentioned the Black Company to be among their inspirations (link here).
As for the OP, I don't really see more than a cosmetic connection (many beings together), as Many-as-One was more like a being made with lots of lesser beings that added up to something else, while The Voices has lots of individual beings that are still there (more like Many-as-Many).

Reactions:
Yout got it righ: in an interview with the writers, someone mentioned the Black Company to be among their inspirations (link here).
As for the OP, I don't really see more than a cosmetic connection (many beings together), as Many-as-One was more like a being made with lots of lesser beings that added up to something else, while The Voices has lots of individual beings that are still there (more like Many-as-Many).

Doesn't the Voices of Nerat assimilate that guy in the short story?

Doesn't the Voices of Nerat assimilate that guy in the short story?
Wait, I though you meant May-as-One, from Planescape: Torment (a hivemind), but it seems you're talking as someone from an expansion of NWN2, right? I've only played the base game so I don't know. My mistake. But as said earlier, the inspiration is probably Soulcatcher.

Wait, I though you meant May-as-One, from Planescape: Torment (a hivemind), but it seems you're talking as someone from an expansion of NWN2, right? I've only played the base game so I don't know. My mistake. But as said earlier, the inspiration is probably Soulcatcher.

Aha! I had no idea what you were on about. Yes, I was talking about a character from NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer. One of Many is floating constructing housing several souls. You can let it assimilate new souls into itself. I haven't red any Black Company novels.