• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(131989)

Field Marshal
20 Badges
Jan 13, 2009
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • East India Company
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Here is where everyone can offer their opinions, comments and suggestions on the latest version of VIP.

Now, play it, enjoy it and tell us what you think - the good, the bad, and the plain bizarre.

The events go to the pre-war alliances/Balkan wars, etc... so more like 1913. It doesn't contain WW1 yet, though it's something already being worked on for the next version by an external contributor who PMed me the other week. We had intended to make this a half-version (0.35) so that we could get events for WW1 implemented for the 0.4 version, but it ended up being quite a bit more work than we expected due to a few unexpected event submissions from other sources.

Playing as France, in 1848 I formed the proletarian dictatorship, but shield and flag didn't switch to "FRA1848Radical". Same thing with the Paris Commune.
What's wrong?

I'm really confused, the date for this is today, but the version is 0.4, while I already have 0.45 installed............. WHAT's GOING ON?:confused:
0.45 is the version for plain Victoria, not the Revolutions expansion. VIP for Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun is no longer supported, and so only goes up to version 0.45. This version of VIP is for the (still supported) Revolutions expansion, and so is VIP:R 0.4.

Hope that clears things up for you! :)
Playing as France, in 1848 I formed the proletarian dictatorship, but shield and flag didn't switch to "FRA1848Radical". Same thing with the Paris Commune.
What's wrong?
I could've sworn we had resolved that issue a while back. I'll note it as a bug and get it in a hotfix at some point (after more bugs are - inevitably - noted).

--------

BTW, my personal favourite countries to play in this latest version would be Austria, Greece or India. They have had a lot of work done to them. There's also the Korea mod which we implemented, if anyone is interested in playing an unciv. That had a fair few new events too!

The Treaty of Beijing event should include that France/UK are even at war with China. Currently it looks like this:
#########################################################################

# The Treaties of Beijing (edited by JRaup 02/08, OHGamer 03/08)

#########################################################################

event = {

id = 12516

random = no

country = CHI

trigger = {

OR = {

occupied = { country = CHI data = 15 } #approximately 21 provinces lost to Europeans and Taiping

AND = {

flag = { name = uk_arrow value = 1 }

war = { country = ENG country = CHI }

occupied = { country = CHI data = 5 } #approximately 7 provinces lost to Europeans and Taiping

ai = yes

ai = ENG

}

AND = {

flag = { name = flg_French_Arrow value = 1 }

war = { country = FRA country = CHI }

occupied = { country = CHI data = 5 } #approximately 7 provinces lost to Europeans and Taiping

ai = yes

ai = FRA

}

}

}

name = "EVT_12516_NAME"

desc = "EVT_12516_DESC"

style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1856 }

offset = 10

deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1920 }

action_a = {

name = "ACTIONNAME12516A" # Blast!

command = { type = setflag which = flg_Arrow_War_Lost value = 1 }

command = { type = incflag which = chi_treaty value = 2 }

command = { type = prestige value = -100 }

command = { type = trigger which = 157153 } #UK Treaty event

command = { type = trigger which = 162462 } #FRA Treaty event

}

}

Now China was already duking it out with India in 1856, so in January the event fired, when I (UK) was still at peace.
So now I have to end the war the normal way, because the event already fired.

Also: I regularly get the bug where for a few days some resources are suddenly worth 999£, so everyones coffers fill up unless I notice it right away and reload.

The Treaty of Beijing event should include that France/UK are even at war with China. Currently it looks like this:

Now China was already duking it out with India in 1856, so in January the event fired, when I (UK) was still at peace.
So now I have to end the war the normal way, because the event already fired.
Okay, I'll flag it up as a bug.
I regularly get the bug where for a few days some resources are suddenly worth 999£, so everyones coffers fill up unless I notice it right away and reload.
This isn't something related to the mod itself, but it is something which is to do with the game mechanics messing up. There's nothing we can do about it, though I do appreciate how annoying it can be.

Don't you think that Galicia and Transylvania are a bit useless? Still there is no state that really existed in the game timeline, United Baltic Duchy (which was a concept for a long time). I think that Macedonia (there were fighters <or rather "chetniks", as they've called themselves> who fought for INDEPENDENT Macedonia during the Illinden Uprising and the Balkan Wars) and UBD shall be included..

Galicia and Transylvania are indeed there for alternatives, though they both have a historical basis for the period, including:

-The Transylvanian uprising: it'd be too early for a Romanian state to be accepted, so they'd have to be a Transylvanian state first (which also wasn't a too distant memory). It's potential to exist also gives greater incentive to put the rebellion down - you don't want a mass secession, which is rarer if under a normal revolt with the tag.
-Greater autonomy in the Kingdom of Hungary (considered along with the Croatians).
-Various Galician rebellions: again, the same as for the Transylvanian uprising - extra incentive to put it down so it doesn't secede as a seperate state.
-Autonomy of the Galician parliament: there aren't any events for independence as a satellite yet, though they could be implemented in a future Grossosterreich chain.

There's also that point about carving up Austria nicely without allow Poland to form, which is another argument for including Galicia.

So no, I don't think they are pointless. They are there for very plausible alternatives - alternatives which historically were considered.

As for Macedonia, well the IMRO eventually disintegrated along ethnic lines, and so for the short period of time which a united Macedonia might have been likely (i.e. a multi-ethnic IMRO existed), it would give rise to a state which had Bulgarian, Serbian and Greek as national cultures (and therefore be very overpowered). The quick disintegration along ethnic lines is what we have focused on in the 'Struggle for Macedonia' chain, and so the conflict is modelled, primarily, as a power struggle between the Balkan powers, rather than the short-lived dream of an independent and multi-ethnic Macedonia.

All of that said: we do listen. IIRC it was you, Voss, who suggested the possibility of gaining Polish as an accepted culture for Austria, as well as the implementation of Belarus for the historical WW1 outcome; both of these suggestions we have implemented in this latest version.

Last edited:
I was just playing Austria and I chose to immediately attack the Hungarians rather than leaving them for later and for some reason it appears that Italy was spared the chaos of 1848, all of their flags stayed the same and Italy has not given me any trouble during struggle against the Hungarians and the Galicians. I had to quit in 1849 but the Italians still had not done anything. I seem to recall in the last version that the Italians rose against the Austrians around the same time that they were fighting Hungary.

Galicia and Transylvania are indeed there for alternatives, though they both have a historical basis for the period, including:

-The Transylvanian uprising: it'd be too early for a Romanian state to be accepted, so they'd have to be a Transylvanian state first (which also wasn't a too distant memory). It's potential to exist also gives greater incentive to put the rebellion down - you don't want a mass secession, which is rarer if under a normal revolt with the tag.
-Greater autonomy in the Kingdom of Hungary (considered along with the Croatians).
-Various Galician rebellions: again, the same as for the Transylvanian uprising - extra incentive to put it down so it doesn't secede as a seperate state.
-Autonomy of the Galician parliament: there aren't any events for independence as a satellite yet, though they could be implemented in a future Grossosterreich chain.

There's also that point about carving up Austria nicely without allow Poland to form, which is another argument for including Galicia.

So no, I don't think they are pointless. They are there for very plausible alternatives - alternatives which historically were considered.

As for Macedonia, well the IMRO eventually disintegrated along ethnic lines, and so for the short period of time which a united Macedonia might have been likely (i.e. a multi-ethnic IMRO existed), it would give rise to a state which had Bulgarian, Serbian and Greek as national cultures (and therefore be very overpowered). The quick disintegration along ethnic lines is what we have focused on in the 'Struggle for Macedonia' chain, and so the conflict is modelled, primarily, as a power struggle between the Balkan powers, rather than the short-lived dream of an independent and multi-ethnic Macedonia.

All of that said: we do listen. IIRC it was you, Voss, who suggested the possibility of gaining Polish as an accepted culture for Austria, as well as the implementation of Belarus for the historical WW1 outcome; both of these suggestions we have implemented in this latest version.

Yep, it was me, and I am very grateful for that ;)
But still, what do you think about UBD?

Here is where everyone can offer their opinions, comments and suggestions on the latest version of VIP.

Now, play it, enjoy it and tell us what you think - the good, the bad, and the plain bizarre.

Thank you for your work! Has anything been changed in Prussian, or post-1871-germany events?

Last edited:
I've got the ability to build electronic industries which require rubber. I've got a factory set up to produce those. Only, it's 1901, and there's no rubber anywhere in the world.

Looks good, but I have a quick question. If I download this new version, will it over-ride all the changes I've personally made to VIP:R 0.4 on my own computer? Because I did make quite a few to personalize it to my tastes, particularly in regards to POPs.

Also, what happened to the region-specific suggestions threads? I have some ideas for events and stuff but I can't seem to find them.

Is there an event I can manually trigger so some rubber can show up in the world? I'd like to meet the demands of my capitalists if possible.

You could f12 rubber.