• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
does this version implement the race for africa? because I finished a VIPR 0.3 game the other day with Africa still mostly populated by tribes and african nations.
That seems a bit odd. VIP:R 0.3 should've had colonisation in Africa happen fine. Maybe the AI just messed up and couldn't handle some wars?
So, I figured I'd ask here but is there any plans for VIP in Vicky 2?
Yes. :)

Well I don't think I'm gonna get this one but I'll be absolutely subscribing for any VIP, be it 0.45, 0.4b or 0.5, that will include WW I chains in it.
By the way, my most delighted good wishes for the development for V2IP!! I realize V2 engine is gonna be a real potential simulator to play (and mess) with. :)

Malware?

Whenever I try to download either the PC or MAC versions (including the mirrors) McAfee pops up telling me there is the potential for malware/spyware/viruses in the download.

Why is this? False positive, perhaps?

Whenever I try to download either the PC or MAC versions (including the mirrors) McAfee pops up telling me there is the potential for malware/spyware/viruses in the download.

Why is this? False positive, perhaps?
I had warnings from Norton when I downloaded too - and I'm the one who uploaded them! :wacko:

Anyway, no, there are no real security issues with it. If you are worried there could be any issues then the .rar file is the safer option since it is not an installation program but merely a compression of the various files (though as I say, the installer is fine too).

I thought it was particularly strange that McAfee Site Adviser was showing all ok, but then the main program threw a hissy fit. Ah well.

I take it that the only difference between the PC and MAC versions is that the PC version is an .exe and the MAC a .rar?

I thought it was particularly strange that McAfee Site Adviser was showing all ok, but then the main program threw a hissy fit. Ah well.

I take it that the only difference between the PC and MAC versions is that the PC version is an .exe and the MAC a .rar?
Yeah. Basically the .exe version allows installation to be simpler - it tells you what you have to do and then does it (no manual cut and pasting, essentially). They have the exact same files in.

AHHH I LOVE VIP!!!!
I don't like how in Vicky 2 you can't manually promote POP's. So VICKY it will be.
Absolutely love this!
And I have a question, can I simply copy and paste the events from Southern Revolutions Mod into VIPR 0.4?

I have a great hope that you are not going to abandon vip for vic1, because vic2 is a somewhat different game and in such a state that i prefer vic rev + vip0.4. It mostly superior to vic2!

How's the hotfix coming along? :p

How's the hotfix coming along? :p

I did most of the substantive work in the weeks after the release, though I had hoped to make the hotfix more than a few lines long - it seems a waste. I should have more time over Christmas to finalise the hotfix. As I said in another thread recently, I've been a bit swamped with other work, so Christmas offers a good window to finally get this done.

Nice job this is a great mod; i just got a new computer this week and win 7 plays nice with victoria rev.

now that i can finally play it on my desktop pc as well as my laptop i tried ur mod and it is fantastic.

i put the ai on furious and they actually try expanding wow

For some reason in my installation of VIP, there are tons of black countries* (same color as rebels) whereas I have seen in screenshots that they are supposed to be colored. Everything else at least seems to work correctly, but the map is annoying to look at, not to mention it's hard to distinguish countries.

Is there a fix to this?

*Mainly in Africa, but there are few small ones here and there.

Hey is there anybody still here... i just got a victoria collection that gave me vicky one so i am going to try it out since i can't play vicky 2 until i get a decent computer to handle it.. :(

anzki4 i have the same problem.. weird?.. so i guess.. i'll try the mac version. I actually found the real problem did you have the VIP interface downloaded too... his download didn't have all the countries with their colors.. so this causes that... i think that mod was ment for Victoria VIP not with revolutions...<--- this is metion in his thread too.... so what you should do is download that if you still want but don't replace the countries excel file in db.. i think everything else should work..

Last edited:
Absolutely topnotch. Everything about it is wonderful, I especially love how much more diverse POP cultures are, realistically representing everything from the lingering Greeks in Southern Italy to the Russian slaves held in Central Asia. I just have one question though. I remember reading about the Volga Germans, and that they were invited into Russia by Peter the Great. I didn't see any North or South German POPs along the Volga though. I tried finding the book I read the information in, but was unsuccessful. so I might well be wrong and the Volga Germans settled AFTER 1836, which would of course make you guys 100% accurate. Just curious is all.

EDIT: Plus Catalans in South West France, from my understanding even today people speak Catalan in the Rousillon. And nevermind about the Volgadeutsch, I should have looked harder. I found them in the Saratov region. Sorry.

Last edited: