• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hi,

little question...i have installed a fresh vic + revolutions and then "Victoria Revolutions Unofficial Hotfix 6 (7 Jul 07 includes all previous hotfixes)".
made a learning game and would like to use this mod for my next game.
is it possible to install it over my current game (to be specific: does it work on top of the hotfix 6)?

thanks

Blairmhor
Yes it does. You'll just need to make a seperate copy of the game and install VIP:R 0.3 and Hotfix 1 for VIP:R 0.3 onto this seperate copy.
It happened with me playing as Russia on the ( starting ) Austro-Russian border , in troops stationed in my territory , I didn't check the life ratings , will keep this in mind .
Hmmm... seems odd. Were you having revolts or a lot of POPs emigrating? Did any of your generals increase attrition? Were you underfunding your army/defence slider?
Ok , it was a stupid question , heh , my bad .

Thanks for answering .
It's an easy mistake to make. I prefer to automate convoys for this reason.

I have experienced attrition during war on units standing on my side of the border , only during wartime . Any ideas ? Things that came to mind were : the fact that I am a democracy with a high war exhaustion/badboy score , the fact that the enemy has some super tech that enables him to do that , a possible bug .
Are there any enemy forts located just across the border? Enemy forts cause attrition to units even stationed in your territory. This is most likely the cause as it only activates when your state is at war with that bordering country.

Did any of your generals increase attrition?

Definitely not .

Were you underfunding your army/defence slider?

Definitely not .

Hmmm... seems odd. Were you having revolts

I definetely had revolts at the time as well as a pretty high war exhaustion score .

or a lot of POPs emigrating?

Can't answer that , sorry , don't remember . I've finished that game a while back .

Are there any enemy forts located just across the border? Enemy forts cause attrition to units even stationed in your territory. This is most likely the cause as it only activates when your state is at war with that bordering country.

Definitely yes ! They had maximum upgraded forts ! Do you think this did the trick ? Have you experienced the same ? I suspected the same thing , but I dismissed it as a silly thought , and after nothing similar came up in any relevant searches .Also if this is the case , how do you counter that ?

Thanks for answering guys !

Last edited:
Definitely yes ! They had maximum upgraded forts ! Do you think this did the trick ? Have you experienced the same ? I suspected the same thing , but I dismissed it as a silly thought , and after nothing similar came up in any relevant searches .
That's your answer. With maximum forts that attrition was probably pretty nasty.

Does anyone know in which file i can find the events for converting greece into byzantium, and/or what the triggers are?
The events are in the Greek event file. Search for "Megali" and you'll see the chain.

The events come in two steps: occupy Constantinople and you will receive all of the Ottoman Balkans (minus Bosnia - should Bosnia be released? It will have no connection to the Empire). The step occurs if you occupy Ankara after which you will receive much of Anatolia and the Ottoman Empire will become uncivilized (as well as release any available vassals). After that, being the Empire is uncivilized you can always conquer more territory without worrying about BB.

I don't wish to sound impatient or anything, but it would be nice if the next version was released before Victoria 2 comes out. Is this possible?:)

The Austrian Lobby returns

Anyway, going back to Grossoesterreich...

Hey Palisadoes, remember the Neo-Austrians :rolleyes:? What happened to the reworked Großösterreich event chain? After about 8 months pause I am feeling ready for warming up Vicky and taking her for a spin again, and am looking foward to my AEIOU experience...:)

cheers,S