• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by DaPacemDomine
The monarch events look great, but IMHO, there should be an option for Austria, whereby Emperor Francis lives until 1836 (he died in 1835), and rather than designating Francis as his heir, he either designates Archduke Charles (prestige gain and monarchy), or Archduke John (prestige gain and constitutional monarchy).
]

Uh....... Why?

The game starts in '36. If monarch events are only raising or lowering prestige by minicule amounts why should we start the game with an ahitorical monarch?

Originally posted by Guinnessmonkey
]

Uh....... Why?

The game starts in '36. If monarch events are only raising or lowering prestige by minicule amounts why should we start the game with an ahitorical monarch?

You have a point. Well, then, let me rephrase ... events whereby Ferdinand abdicates in favor of either of his Archduke uncles. The fact is that Francis was manipulated into appointing Ferdinand (who was certifiably mentally impaired) his heir by Metternich, and either of his brothers would have made a far better choice, and were both immensely popular with the general populace, unlike their foolish nephew.

Originally posted by Guinnessmonkey

Edit: I just wanna note that NONE of these were written up by me, but by various betas (particularly Demetrios).

I did many too! :mad: :D

D.

Originally posted by Drakken
I did many too! :mad: :D

D.

I did also and lots of research

So unfortunate no one has already made anything for Ottoman Dynasty. That means extra work for me i guess.

Why should Napoleon IV die violently? :(

He die in Zululand, killed by zuluwarriors.

(But if he were crowned Empereur of French, I doubt that he never engages in the British army. )

Last edited:
Originally posted by Captain Frakas

(But if he was crown Emperor i don't think he will go in africa).

But we couldn't give him a fictional deathdate so we kill him tragically being in France or Zululand :p

Originally posted by Txini
But we couldn't give him a fictional deathdate so we kill him tragically being in France or Zululand :p

It's a simple question, but why ? :confused:

It's a simple question, but why ? :confused:

Cause he died that date and died that way, we can't go with what if he survived that date had a son and inherited Italy :p

Brazil(BRZ)
Event="Emperor Pedro II dies and his daughter Isabel succeeds him as Empress".
Desc="Our new monarch has peacefully succeeded to the throne, enhancing our prestige in the eyes of other nations."
Trigger=Dec 5, 1891, Constitutional Monarchy or Monarchy.
Effects=gain prestige.

Please change the text to be like this:

Event="Emperor Dom Pedro II dies and his daughter Isabel succeeds him as Empress".
Desc="Our new monarch has peacefully succeeded to the throne, enhancing our prestige in the eyes of other nations."
Trigger=Dec 5, 1891, Constitutional Monarchy or Monarchy.
Effects=gain prestige.

Also, add a new event.

Event="Emperor Pedro II is the new Empreror, ending the 9-year Regencial Period".
Desc="Our new monarch has succeeded to the throne, enhancing our prestige in the eyes of other nations."
Trigger=Jul 23, 1840, Constitutional Monarchy or Monarchy.
Effects=gain prestige.

Although it's nice to have many events and all, I don't think all monarchs should get an event. Only those that had an actual big impact on things, like monarchs who were grand reformers and such. Having every minor monarch of a country like Afghanistan as an event is just too much.

Presidents or prime ministers should definedly not be events. With the election system it's very likely that the party they belonged to isn't in power when the event happens. To make it right we would need the leader of every party at every time, so that after elections there would be an event giving that head of state:rolleyes: Not gonna happen.

If all monarchs are going to get events, then this should be a add-on mod for those who like the concept, not a part of regular VIP. I like to have others' event shown in history log, but with these events it would be flooded with them. Too much is too much.

Grosshaus, I am guessing you did not like EU2's log, then?:D
Anyways, I ams sure we can set it up as a yes/no in options menu whether to include the monarch files or not.:)

Originally posted by Phillip V
Anyways, I ams sure we can set it up as a yes/no in options menu whether to include the monarch files or not.:)

Well, in EU2 you could set monarch messages off. But to turn these messages off I wouldn't be able to see ANY events from other nations.

If somebody truly thinks these events are worth it, please keep it as a separate thing. At least optional, preferably not even part of VIP at all but an independent mod.

(But if he were crowned Empereur of French, I doubt that he never engages in the British army. )

I think you answered your own question. :p

Last edited:
Originally posted by Phillip V

Exactly. If I understood/remember correctly, such an idea (ie: some event files are optional and can be set as such by the player) has already been used in either the AGC/EEP, yes?

If so, there'd be no need for a separate mod, which IMHO wouldn't really be worth it.

Originally posted by Scythe
Exactly. If I understood/remember correctly, such an idea (ie: some event files are optional and can be set as such by the player) has already been used in either the AGC/EEP, yes?

If so, there'd be no need for a separate mod, which IMHO wouldn't really be worth it.
Yep, this has been implemented in both mods.:)

Great work on the monarch events! I'm looking forward to their being scripted.

Having added a number of monarchs to the Age of Nationalism (my own version of the mod), I'm happy to see some old friends (like Henri V and Jacques I of France and Alfonso I of the Two Sicilies) reappear.

I do share the question about Napoléon IV, though, given his being killed in the Zulu Wars. If I recall, I had him survive well into the 1920s in my own version of AoN. But I do understand the desire to stick to historical deathdates and all.

I also share the concern that presidents and prime ministers not be scripted as events (or do so in such a way that reflects the way the POPs would vote).

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the first release of the VIP, if for no reason other than to have these monarch events available.

Last edited:
dynastic marriages

I think we can add some of the historic marriages between the ruling families, for example a royal marriage between the two countries would certainly improve their relations and in 19th centry europe these kinds of relations and family connections were very important between the monarchies.