• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Industrial/Commerce Tech Idea

I have an idea for an industrial and/or commerce tech. An analytical machine was proposed by Charles Babbage and nearly completed, but never used by the British government. If it were to have been completed, and used by the government, they would have been able to make rapid calculations, and could store numbers and answers. It was, in effect, a basic calculator. This would have had an amazing effect on just about everything. Time would be saved, which would end up saving money. I think the Analytical Machine (early, early, early computer) should be added as a tech. It would make researching time shorter, construction of factories shorter, and would give a prestige boost.
Also, maybe an event for the UK giving them the chance to get the tech, with one option being them getting the tech, but paying money for it (a big price, because they did not have to research it at all), or not getting it, and saving money.

I think this event of the 1815 mod would be a great addition to VIP, and would help solve the Freedom of Trade problem. Perhaps we could ask for the 1815 devs to include this in VIP?

Code:
##########################################################################
# Steam Powered Printing Press
##########################################################################

event = {
	id = 563
	random = no
	invention = yes

trigger = {
		technology = 3301
		technology = 5101 
		}

name = "Steam Powered Printing Press"
	desc = "The invention of the steam powered press, credited to Friedrich Koenig and Andreas Friedrich Bauer in 1812, made it possible to print tens of thousands of copies of a page in a day."
	style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1815 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1850 }

action_a = {
		name = "Ok"
		command = { type = activate_building_type which = paper_mill }
		}
	}

It is a good event, the only modification I would do to it is adding the "Practical Steam Engine" tech as a pre-requisite.