• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree that slaves should not be Dixie culture. They should be Dixie Black or African American or something along those lines. There should also be a number of free pops with this culture. Is there an improved ACW scenario? The last time I was at the paradox forums I remember a search function. Has that been removed?

Guinnessmonkey said:
I'd like to pretend that I was actually responding to this post, but really I'm just posting in this thread so that I don't have to see his offensive original name (as it was the last post here) when I open up the VIP subforum...

Not to mention: Entire divisions of "partisan rangers"? That's just silly. The bad guys lost, get over it.

Ok I know this is an old post I’m responding to, but this is ridiculous. The bad guys? What version of history are you reading? Do you somehow equate 19th Century Libertarians with evil? Confederates were not Nazis, they were the children and grandchildren of people like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. They owned slaves and I don’t know of any American that is proud of that, but that doesn’t make them bad guys.

Of course I assume you are making your bad guy argument based on slavery because that and POW camps are about the only thing the Confederacy could do that could be remotely construed as evil. I would like to remind you of the fact that if owning slaves is enough to make someone a “bad guy” you can indict almost every hero from the Bible. If owning slaves equates to evil then David, Solomon and the rest were evil and we haven’t even touched the Qur’an. You should also keep in mind that soldiers of the Confederacy believed that they were fighting to preserve States Rights and Union Soldiers were fighting to preserve the Union. On a personal note I can trace my family back to over 20 Confederate Veterans NONE of which owned slaves and I can also trace back to two Union Veterans both of whom did own slaves.

I have a black nephew and I know he doesn’t consider his confederate ancestors evil for Black Slavery anymore than he considers his English ancestors evil for Irish slavery. I know most people don’t consider the heroes of the American, Texan and South American Revolutions to be evil just because some owned slaves. That being the case how are they bad guys and what do you mean by “get over it.” No person on Earth is going to “get over” their heritage and I’m not going to sit here while you besmirch it out of ignorance.

The bad guys lost? Look at america today and you're saying good overcame evil? Every war the good perish, war was created by the devil, for the devil's children to win.