• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a obligation to my soldiers' families back home and to bring as many of my men home in one piece. If I have to throw some natives out of their village to accomplish this I will.

But if you throw them out their Village they will join the Viet Cong. The More Viet Cong there are the Longer this war will last and the longer the war lasts the more men you'll lose.

But if you throw them out their Village they will join the Viet Cong. The More Viet Cong there are the Longer this war will last and the longer the war lasts the more men you'll lose.

I'll give my men their orders and I suggest you give your men their orders. Lets not interfere in each others platoons.

Update

Most parts of Bravo-Company held their positions.

Meanwhile the firefight to the north of the base continued. The Viet Cong brought the focus on the smaller squad of 6th Platoon. One Private had the bad luck to get mortally wounded. But the Viet Cong seems to have suffered casualties too.

The 66th Engineer Company, guarded by a squad from 1st Platoon, could continue its work due to the Viet Cong being pinned down in the north and has finished 73% of the base now.

Tac4.jpg

OOC: Deadline is Saturday 5 PM CEST

I could launch a frontal assault on the VC to the north to lift pressure and prevent further casualties for the 6th. 6th Platoon's squad can assist me if it so wishes by launching a flanking attack by either drawing their fire or delivering the killing blow. Either way I'm likely to lose several men, but it's the only way to force them out and possibly relieve pressure on squad from the 6th.

Could both the 5th and the 6th attack at the same time?

That's what I'm thinking. One of us is bound to take a lot of casualties, though. And the 6th's squad is only five men, if I recall, and he's already lost one. If anything, that squad will have to attack the VC once I draw their fire by engaging them at a closer range.

Cheef, it's your call on this one. Your guys are in danger.

If we do attack, I'd suggest that 3 detach a 5 man fireteam to the woods at K18. I'll detach 5 men, leaving them to help cover the South, and take the other 10 North to assist 5 in its attack. If 5 pushes up cautiously, laying down heavy suppression, while 6a tries to flank the enemy through the buildings, that would likely work.

Sounds like a plan. I'll move a square north and start laying down fire.

5th Platoon move to M-6. Lay down heavy suppressing fire on the VC to the north, preventing them from moving or threatening our own position. Continue laying down fire until further notice.

Sixth platoon flank the viet kong in the woods to the north by moving through the buildings to flank them.

1st will detach a 5 man fireteam to watch the South under a capable NCO. The other 10 men will follow me towards 5th's position and then help them out in the attack. M/N9 (Whichever letter I'm on, move 5 North) should be the closest we can get.

Update

Bravo-Company decided to put an end to the situation in the north with a move of 1st, 5th and 6th Platoon northward. Although 1st Platoon was still too far away to effectively support the attack, 5th and 6th Platoon successfully gained fire superiority.

In the meantime the 66th Engineer Company completed the Airfield at the Base. Shortly after a squadron of UH-1 appeared and began to attack the enemy positions. The surviving Viet Cong fled the area.

While Delta- and Echo-Company took charge of securing the surroundings, Bravo-Company was ordered to return to Base for debriefing.

Tac5.jpg

Good job chaps. RTB for tea and biscuits.