• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So is this mod safe to use?

Also, if not, there are no other good music mods out there. Does anyone have a spotify playlist or something similar of good medieval music for CK2?
Yes, safe to use and most of the music works.

I find, it works better if you use less of the music and not all the music at once. So if you are playing a french game, plan your music accordingly.

@greek strategos
Hey there, hope you're doing well too! I'm still around here and there, I've mostly moved onto Stellaris but even then I'm not as active modding that as I was CKII, but I still play CKII from time to time. :D

Good to know mate.
We'll talk on STEAM when I'll find you online.;)

Cheers.

So is this mod safe to use?

Also, if not, there are no other good music mods out there. Does anyone have a spotify playlist or something similar of good medieval music for CK2?

Yes, it should be pretty much safe to use. Unless if the devs somehow change how music is coded, which I doubt they'll ever do, this can be used pretty much forever.

I could only download the compilations 1, 2, 6 and 7 because the other downloads had no permission. But I guess thats already enough, since thats alot of music pieces.
Yer, I had to download the music individually.

@Prometheus_1 @Ecnahc @SnayerX

Hi guys, just happened to notice the discussion here. Indeed I am officially retired from CKII modding, though I still do some personal modding on the side and/or play a bit of CKII from time to time, and I'm still running my music mods as well (along with other music I never released, and will never release, because they're not legally free to distribute). Like SnayerX said much of the music was made a while back for a mod setup that so far as I understand it no longer really exists.

Prometheus, in the game though, there's a button that you can use to switch to new songs. It's on the bottom right of the screen near the maps, and looks like a fast forward button. If you hover it, you can see the name of the song playing. What's the name of the song that's confusing you in question? There's the possibility it's something that does fit thematically but is of a genre you're unaware of; alternatively, I know that for cultures in the Mediterranean, I had some mixture of different genres from around the region, so as a Berber you might hear Italian-sounding/Italian-inspired stuff, as a Greek you might hear some Near Eastern stuff, this was to represent the cultural interactions of the era. Jewish songs have a chance of playing if you have a Jewish courtier, though if I remember correctly I might've coded it to be a bit too frequent. Additionally, in the mod downloads, I've included text files listing every song in that particular download, a link to where I got it, and sometimes an explanation about it.

If you guys have any questions about my intentions with the music or whatever feel free to ask me here or contact me on steam or whatever, I'm retired but I'll try my best to answer anything you're wondering about.

EDIT: Holy shit look at the date of that first post, it's over 3 years old! How time flies.

Since legally you can't distribute the music could you maybe share at least the playlist?

Could someone start a thread where people share not the actual music files but track info (like title, composer and performers) for example?

Managed to download everything except Celtic 3....permission denied on mediafire (music pack 3 fails for the same reason but I was able to download the other individual packs from it)

"Planxty Irwin / Fanny Power" by Straight Furrow may be available for download from Amazon.

Any plans to port this pack to CK3? Also, the download link for pack 5 seems to have broken.
Thanks for reviving the thread I haven't seen before! For me the fifth part do downloads, so maybe try again :)
If anyone's interested in more music, check John's collection on Steam, tho i'm almost sure they overlap a bit. they don't, at least not in file names

btw. dear author, if you're still here, why not make a mod with all of the .txt files and use all the music at once without worrying about shuffling the files? Can the game be over-musicated? nvm apparently I've wrongly understood the part

Last edited: