• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the second post you have "Music Pack 6" twice. The new link works fine though. Thanks for the update and sayonara.

Thanks for the tip, I've fixed it, and thanks for your earlier feedback all this time.

Thanks for all updates, packs & mods, @cybrxkhan ! I never managed to learn to spell your username properly, and now that the new forum has an auto-fill function, you are leaving the modding scene!

The autofill name tag thingymajig is pretty cool. But don't worry, I'll be around, just not in the main modding scene here.

Reactions:
Thanks for the tip, I've fixed it, and thanks for your earlier feedback all this time.

The autofill name tag thingymajig is pretty cool. But don't worry, I'll be around, just not in the main modding scene here.
I wish you a fond farewell and hope that Ordep will continue the Music Packs and cheezy TES references.

To say it with the words of Abba:
Thank you for the music!

Reactions:
Thank you so much for the music packs and the rest of VIET, without them the game will never be nearly as immersing.

Enjoy your free time! I think modders can be more assertive when they don't feel like doing it, instead of keep being nice until they are really burnt out. Since they are never compensated for their hard work, they really don't need to put any more pressure on themselves. I'm thinking of the rest of the HIP people.

I was editting the frequencies for songs for personal use (tagging a few for war only) and just thought that the culture goups may not be updated. I use SWMH with localizations and am unsure what "Latin" culture group entails for example. I'd like to further tweak things at some point if thats the case, but am unsure if Cultures.cvs may be the file I'm looking for for reference. I have not seen any list of cultures and their associated groups in a convenient place and had to do some guesswork. (not hard, but its a tad time-consuming just to find a basic list) Thank you in advance.

I was editting the frequencies for songs for personal use (tagging a few for war only) and just thought that the culture goups may not be updated. I use SWMH with localizations and am unsure what "Latin" culture group entails for example. I'd like to further tweak things at some point if thats the case, but am unsure if Cultures.cvs may be the file I'm looking for for reference. I have not seen any list of cultures and their associated groups in a convenient place and had to do some guesswork. (not hard, but its a tad time-consuming just to find a basic list) Thank you in advance.
HIP folder/common/cultures/00_cultures.txt is the file you are looking for. That file has all the cultures that appear in the game. Localization files such as Cultures.cvs dictate how the entries in 00_cultures.txt show up in game, so you might actually want to take a look at the localization files as well if you are unsure about any of the cultures.

With regard to VIET Music files themselves, though, everything should be working properly (that is, as cybrxkhan designed it to be) even with the now-missing VIET-only cultures defined in the music text files. That is, besides some typos that cybrxkhan made along the way. Search for "culturan" in the music text files and you'll encounter quite a few of them. Correct them as you see fit (e.g. culturan_group -> culture_group) I've made some adjustments to the files myself, but besides those typos I don't think I came across any line where non-existing VIET-only cultures like gallic, bukharic, etc. actually causes a problem. Let me know if there's any specific part of the VIET Music code that you are unsure of.

Reactions:
Thank you again for this fantastic collection. I regularly come by to download any updates because it adds so much to the experience. :cool:

I am having a problem , I am using all the musics from the packs withoutinstalling viet, but for some reason despite my king is Lombard, the culture is lombard, ( so german ) and I own Italy I get jew or arab like sounds ... wich is strange .. any ideas?

The issue with these packs at this point is that they may no longer play for the right cultures. I honestly don't know but after what, two years without maintenance? It's likely that the songs will no longer play the way they were intended. Maybe every song has a random chance to play for any culture, and surely most of the cultures are still referred to by the same name in HIP. Someone will need to go through it all and update everything, though.
I always did like Cybr's choice in CK music, and a lot of the songs still linked are my favorites to hear while playing. I suppose they hold some nostalgia for me now. I still have all of them saved. It would be great if someone maintained VIET Music, but honestly it would probably be more practical for someone to have their own music sub-mod. If you can even call audio tracks a sub-mod.
Maybe it is time for an "official" HIP music mod. One that only contains, uh, historic music? I suppose it would mostly be Gregorian Chants. Still, playing HIP to the Viking Metal DLC just does not work as well as the songs in this thread. Luckily there are tons of options available to us. Really the only thing special about these songs, other than Cybr of course ;) is that they are scripted to fire for certain cultures used in HIP. A little flavor is always nice, and I suppose the music does add a little fun to trying different cultures. Not as much as the actual game play, though.

@Promethius I'm sure someone could explain to you have to fix the songs to trigger correctly. I don't know for sure, but I can guess. You just need to open the txt and make sure the culture names are correct. There may have been a few changes over the years. As well as new cultures that could be added. For your issue where Arab songs are playing while you are German, you just need to get the name of the song and script it to only play for Arabic cultures. I think all of these have a chance of firing no matter what culture you are playing. Hope this helps a little.

@Ecnahc
This is true in many ways. I encountered the same problem and updated all the music pack files for my own use a few weeks ago.
It's not that hard but requires a bit of cross-referencing. Cybr made a few spelling errors, but these were easy to correct.
The biger problem was that Cybr made this music packs mostly before SOA and ROI and with the cultural setup of VIET Immersion in mind. This means the code refers to cultural groups which don't exist anymore (like the sinic group), to groups which have different cultural setup (lombard was in the latin group in Immersion) and to groups with different names (like calling the judaism religous group, jewish instead).

These are changes which work for me and could be chared. But remember I play without SWMH.
If you want to use them with SWMH you would need to update them according to their cultures.

@Prometheus_1 @Ecnahc @SnayerX

Hi guys, just happened to notice the discussion here. Indeed I am officially retired from CKII modding, though I still do some personal modding on the side and/or play a bit of CKII from time to time, and I'm still running my music mods as well (along with other music I never released, and will never release, because they're not legally free to distribute). Like SnayerX said much of the music was made a while back for a mod setup that so far as I understand it no longer really exists.

Prometheus, in the game though, there's a button that you can use to switch to new songs. It's on the bottom right of the screen near the maps, and looks like a fast forward button. If you hover it, you can see the name of the song playing. What's the name of the song that's confusing you in question? There's the possibility it's something that does fit thematically but is of a genre you're unaware of; alternatively, I know that for cultures in the Mediterranean, I had some mixture of different genres from around the region, so as a Berber you might hear Italian-sounding/Italian-inspired stuff, as a Greek you might hear some Near Eastern stuff, this was to represent the cultural interactions of the era. Jewish songs have a chance of playing if you have a Jewish courtier, though if I remember correctly I might've coded it to be a bit too frequent. Additionally, in the mod downloads, I've included text files listing every song in that particular download, a link to where I got it, and sometimes an explanation about it.

If you guys have any questions about my intentions with the music or whatever feel free to ask me here or contact me on steam or whatever, I'm retired but I'll try my best to answer anything you're wondering about.

EDIT: Holy shit look at the date of that first post, it's over 3 years old! How time flies.

Last edited:
@greek strategos
Hey there, hope you're doing well too! I'm still around here and there, I've mostly moved onto Stellaris but even then I'm not as active modding that as I was CKII, but I still play CKII from time to time. :D

So is this mod safe to use?

Also, if not, there are no other good music mods out there. Does anyone have a spotify playlist or something similar of good medieval music for CK2?