Video Guides: How to install Various ModPacks. Step-by-step for beginners.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Edmon

TheEdmon on YouTube
34 Badges
Jul 11, 2014
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
Greetings,

I made a simple step-by-step guide for installing various modpacks from a clean install. Remember that modding your BattleTech is not officially supported, but to all those who just want to give modding a try and can't work out what to do from all the walls of text floating around the internet... this is for you.

Generic Guide to installing various modpacks:

Be sure to watch the whole of Section 1, before moving to the section that covers what you want to achieve!
Section 2: Installing Single folder Mods (XAI, XLRP). 06:09
Section 3: Folder based CAB Mods (BEX, BEXCE, BTA3062, The Hyades Rim). 11:35
Section 4: Installer Based Mods (ROGUETECH). 19:20
Section 5: Making your own mods. 24:33
Section 6: Tricks and Tips for backing up mods. 39:04

I hope this helps :).

Updated: 05/10/2019 with new generic guide to cover all mods.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
[Mod Edit: No Bumping] If you found this helpful, please leave a comment so others can see it and/or direct people to it.

A lot of people are struggling with modding and I really want to help those players get started :).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want we can move this to the fan creations subforum where the mods are posted and pin it.

Your call.

It would be with the other mod stuff, so it wouldnt be on the main subforum as it is now. But it would be pinned there. I cant pin it in the main forum.

Whichever you think would benefit the community more. I guess pinning it to the creative forum would help people actually actively looking for support.

It will eventually disappear from here at some point. So if you agree with that logic, lets get it moved :).

Moved, Sticky'd, Left a Two week redirect in the main forum. If people also look there, they may see it, and it'll link here.

It was also linked earlier today in the pinned game guides thread in the main forum, fyi.

Last edited:
Now if there were just a functional guide on how to create modtek mods...

I have those open in other tabs right now -- there are some crucial details missing that I've had to learn through trial and error, and the help of more experienced modders here.

Or at least it seems that way reading through them, even now that I know what I'm looking for.

Don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely amazing tool that saves a lot of work, but there's a learning curve there once you go from using mods to making mods.

Last edited: