• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OHgamer said:
I've had problems with rapidshare in the past so I'd prefer to keep them at mediafire. What exactly is the problem you are having?

Well it seems that mediafire doesn't work too good on Firefox, just tried downloading it with IE and it worked! Well thanks for the hotfix!

Josip said:
Well it seems that mediafire doesn't work too good on Firefox, just tried downloading it with IE and it worked! Well thanks for the hotfix!
Works fine with v2.0.0.3 for me. :cool: Oh well, go figure computers. Some days I think it's easier trying to figure out women.

Only some days, mind you. Only some days. :confused:

crash63 said:
The 1836 scenario has a problem. Your file has only UK as selectable nation.

Ack.

Forgot I had that set (makes it easier to switch between nations in savegames.). All the nations are available by scrolling down on the one flag, but I'll wager that would not work for multiplayer.

Will fix.

Hotfix 5A : Posted 9 April 2007

The revised GC .eug included in Hotfix 5 is optimized for single player use by having only one flag in the choose nation screen. While this makes changing nations from savegames easier in single player, it makes multiplayer impossible. Hotfix 5A is an updated 1836.eug file so that the traditional setup of 10 flags to choose from display on the scenario choice screen.

Download here and apply directly over Hotfix 5.

Apologies for the mixup.

OHgamer said:
Hotfix 5A : Posted 9 April 2007

The revised GC .eug included in Hotfix 5 is optimized for single player use by having only one flag in the choose nation screen. While this makes changing nations from savegames easier in single player, it makes multiplayer impossible. Hotfix 5A is an updated 1836.eug file so that the traditional setup of 10 flags to choose from display on the scenario choice screen.

Download here and apply directly over Hotfix 5.

Apologies for the mixup.

Can I play multiplayer with this Hotfix or the change is only por single player?

corlagon said:
Can I play multiplayer with this Hotfix or the change is only por single player?

As long as everyone is using the hotfix, it *should* work in MP.

However it has not been tested in MP, so I can not give a 100% guarantee, though since the changes are to moddable files, there should be nothing to cause issues in multiplayer that I know of.

Hotfix 6 : Posted 7 July 2007

Here is the sixth unofficial hotfix I've developed for the bugged/problematic moddable files that have been found in Victoria : Revolutions.

*****Changelog For This Hotfix********

-added triggers requiring AUS to be at war to 28551 italy enter war and 28554 Romania enter war in 1914.txt

-Russia colonization emphasis increased in middle, '70s and late AIs

-restored original 1836.eug with multiple choices of flags at startup

Hotfix #6 can be downloaded from here (rar compression format) and here (zip compression format) . The hotfix is now bundled with all previous hotfixes into one download so there is no longer any need to download previous versions if you have not previously downloaded the hotfixes.

EDIT : Files checked 2 Jan 08 and should download. If you get a time-out during download, that is due to the host site being very busy, please try again in a few minutes. Esepecially for those outside North America, it may take a couple tries to get the download during busy periods in North America (late afernoon-early evening North America time)

NOTE these fixes are not officially sanctioned by Paradox, and any responsibility for errors is entirely my own. I'm simply using the resources I have available to me to help correct problems and bugs that can be easily fixed. Most of these changes above have been suggested to the beta team for eventual official inclusion. For now at least, this will make these fixes available to players.

And please if you find any problems in these files, lemme know.

Last edited:
Emp_Palpatine said:
Just unzip in your Victoria folder.

This isn't working. Is their a special place, /in/ the game I have to put the Mod on, or should is just work when I open the game? I'm testing to see if I have it by plurality, and Englands plurality is still 5, same with France.

Kauai said:
This isn't working. Is their a special place, /in/ the game I have to put the Mod on, or should is just work when I open the game? I'm testing to see if I have it by plurality, and Englands plurality is still 5, same with France.

You have to open the zip, open each folder (ai, config etc) then drag and copy the contents over the same file in your base Victoria:Revolutions setup. So you end up replacing the England.inc file in your base folder with the newer file in the zip/rar

OHgamer said:
You have to open the zip, open each folder (ai, config etc) then drag and copy the contents over the same file in your base Victoria:Revolutions setup. So you end up replacing the England.inc file in your base folder with the newer file in the zip/rar

It worked, thank you.

FAdmiral1 said:
Will this hotfix make the saves not useable if I install it?

Thanks,
JIM

If you have hotfix 5 already installed, then it should not affect games (two slight changes to events, nothing hugely different in this hotfix)

but the best advice is to always start a new game with a new patch/hotfix etc since there is always the potential for something to be off otherwise.

OHgamer said:
Hotfix 6 : Posted 7 July 2007

Here is the sixth unofficial hotfix I've developed for the bugged/problematic moddable files that have been found in Victoria : Revolutions.

*****Changelog For This Hotfix********

-added triggers requiring AUS to be at war to 28551 italy enter war and 28554 Romania enter war in 1914.txt

-Russia colonization emphasis increased in middle, '70s and late AIs

-restored original 1836.eug with multiple choices of flags at startup

Hotfix #6 can be downloaded from here (rar compression format) and here (zip compression format) . The hotfix is now bundled with all previous hotfixes into one download so there is no longer any need to download previous versions if you have not previously downloaded the hotfixes.

NOTE these fixes are not officially sanctioned by Paradox, and any responsibility for errors is entirely my own. I'm simply using the resources I have available to me to help correct problems and bugs that can be easily fixed. Most of these changes above have been suggested to the beta team for eventual official inclusion. For now at least, this will make these fixes available to players.

And please if you find any problems in these files, lemme know.

Cheers man the community owes you something special.

Thanks very much OHgamer.
Less ambiguity now.