• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That all looks fine. Are you running Windows 7/Vista with the game in Program Files?

yes is that a problem
Windows UAC tends to cause problems with Paradox games, especially when you try to do something like use a hotfix or beta patch or a mod. I'd suggest reinstalling in some other location like C:\Games.

You don't have C:\Games? Yeah, it's a folder that you have to create, and you can call it pretty much whatever you like. There are a lot of games that don't work properly if installed to the default Program Files folder, usually the problem is with deleting or editing save files. So it makes sense to have a new folder just for games.

Hotfix 6A

I've decided to update this with the radio factory fix by CSABadass and fix the bugs found by Capt. Kiwi and Magirot.

Download

Changelog

-fixed the "UNKNOWN STRING WANTED" bug for Radio Factories
-fixed a typo in UCA_party.csv
-corrected (again) state culture for FRM, ANH and MEI from North german to South german
-removed (again) S German state culture for SAX as it only has N German pops
-removed (again) N german state culture for HED, HEK and NAS as they only have S German pops
-corrected 28556 flag denoting Montenegro as Allies on wrong option
-corrected 28663 trigger to BELFightson
-corrected 28634 to have the civilised effect
-corrected 49300 province to 1967
-disabled 32501, which is a copy of 32402
-corrected 31300 date to 1837
-raise consciousness instead of militancy in 31304
-fixed (again) province impacted on gold event in 21133
-fixed the Bolsheviks seize power in Mongolia events
-corrected 23101 national value to liberty
-fixed 2500 deathdate
-added reduction of political reforms to 7704 to make it pure monarchy
-edited 7700 Carlist Spain back to one-party
-removed 28780 (looks like a test event)
-made text translatable for German unification and free slaves events

If anyone still cares the liberal revolution event doesn't fire because LiberalRevolution.txt is omitted from the event list event.txt in hotfix 6.
The event should be there, it is included from 1836 scenario instead.

Last edited:
Ooh, cool!

Hotfix 6A

Thanks, that is a great idea. :cool:

I'm doing something similar for VIP:R 0.4 and might release my own VIP:R hotfix in a few weeks. Especially by going through the event_text.csv file I've made numerous changes and fixed tons of typos. While doing that I've also revised the other files of the config folder. There I've re-added the text of the empty buttons and also fixed several wrong button descriptions. Atm I'm working on making the entries of the log and the history page easier to read.

-made text translatable for German unification and free slaves events

I'm still wondering if Ricky will run in French, German, Italian or Spanish language...

(The starting point of my hotfix project were the missing languages of the VIP:R mod. I've simply added all the translations which Vicky originally had, but it still doesn't work.)

I'm still wondering if Ricky will run in French, German, Italian or Spanish language...

(The starting point of my hotfix project were the missing languages of the VIP:R mod. I've simply added all the translations which Vicky originally had, but it still doesn't work.)
I don't know. What I did is simply moved text strings out of event files into the CSV files. So, in theory they should be translatable now. I use only English, and didn't test whether other languages work.

I've just found this post, maybe it (or its thread) is of some help:
Take a look at your config\text.csv file; it's possible that you have no text available other than English. My game has multiple languages in some of the text files but not in the core 'text.csv' file.