• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I downloaded the .rar file (the zip file location cannot be found by Mediafire) - the files are not sorted by folder. I tried to find the matching game files and was 80% successful, but some I just don't know. Can you please fix the download to allow for easier updating? Thanks!

What do you mean? They are sorted by folder :confused:
You should be able to use 'extract here' and then simply copy the files within the "hotfix 6" into your Victoria direction. Press Yes when asked to overwrite.

What do you mean? They are sorted by folder :confused:
You should be able to use 'extract here' and then simply copy the files within the "hotfix 6" into your Victoria direction. Press Yes when asked to overwrite.

hotfix.jpg

You see the column on the left side called "Path" that are the folders where the files go. I'm not sure why WINZIP wouldn't let you extract this with the folder structure intact, but you could try WINRAR (which definitely lets you extract the folder structure) You can get it here Do a trial extraction into another directory to be on the safe side.

Or you could just manually copy the files from the WINZIP window into the right folder, which is tedious, but shouldn't take THAT long.

2 questions

Hi, does the "Hotfix 6 : Posted 7 July 2007" include all mods to Victoria ??
(I thought that I had read that there are no mods for Victoria: Revolutions)

When I'm at the end of the game in Revolutions, I have the ability to take over my game to Hearts of Iron 2. Is that only Doomsday or also Ammagedon??

Thanks

The Grandfather of Stalin

2.01 is the last official patch for Revolutions. Unless you downloaded it back in 2006 it should already be patched. As the thread title indicates, this is a package of unofficial fixes created by OHGamer. There most certainly are many mods for Revolutions; that is completely different from a patch provided by the game's developer.

I believe exporting the game should work for Doomsday or Armageddon.

Win i installed the patch it made all the new tech added to revolutions say UNKNOWN STRING WANTED how do i fix this problem

I think the Hotfixes linked in the post immediately above yours should fix it.

Did you see that before installing the hotfix?
What version number do you see on the main menu?
What files and datestamps do you see in the config folder?

and for 3 I'm not sure what u mean
Open the config folder in the game folder and list the files you see there (or post a screenshot).
Also the db\tech folder.

If you run Windows 7 or Vista and have the game installed in Program Files you could be having a problem because of Windows UAC; I strongly recommend installing Paradox games in some other location like C:\Games.

oh ok im not sure how to post a screenshot
You would upload the file to a hosting site then post the link here inside tags.
You could just list the files you see along with their 'modified' dates if that's easier.

ok for the config file its
event_txt 8-23-2006
extra_txt 8-14-2006
newtext 10-9-2007
province_names 8-14-2006
scenario_text 8-14-2006
tech_names 8-23-2006
text 8-14-2006
unit_names 8-14-2006
world_names 8-14-2006