• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(13549)

Recruit
Jan 6, 2003
I haven't been able to play more than 30 minutes straight until the game crashes on me and average lenght of a game is about 15 min. There are no error messages, it just simply crashes. This is driving me crazy.

My specs are

P4 1500 MHz
384mb RDRAM
Geforce 2
Windows XP
Directx is up to date

make sure you have absolutely nothing else running in the background. vic seems really picky about that.

the first two times i tried to start it after i installed it, CTD during the initialization of graphics. i had this forum open, actually, and had to close out of all of that.

I had the same problem with 384mb ram with GE force 4

Rename the AVI folder.

Also check to make sure you have 500 to 600 mb available as free space on your hard drive.

I can't remmber when I freed up the drive space. But I think its related to the AVI folder which runs the intro movies.

So no intro movie for tou.

Played for 10hrs and no crash so rename folder to AVI_OLD

Originally posted by Haiku
I haven't been able to play more than 30 minutes straight until the game crashes on me and average lenght of a game is about 15 min. There are no error messages, it just simply crashes. This is driving me crazy.

My specs are

P4 1500 MHz
384mb RDRAM
Geforce 2
Windows XP
Directx is up to date

Other than the AVI issue there really isn't a specific repeatable hardware issue / OS issue with Vicky. Complete re-installs have helped some people who were having crashes on auto saves. Could this crash be linked to autosave timing?

i had many crashes due toi downloading stuff in background..but even when i turned those off i still got total game crash sometimes even pc reboot lol..so i simply lowered game speed from max by 2 slots..now i never crash :)..for me memory is likely the issue my pc simply couldnt keep up with all the figures with my current ram 128m

Originally posted by Haiku

My specs are

P4 1500 MHz
384mb RDRAM
Geforce 2
Windows XP
Directx is up to date

Let mee know if the AVI rename clears up the problem, if not I have some other suggestion.

i have the same problem, victoria will play normally for 15-30 minutes and then ctd my system specs

p3 733
256 sdram
20gb hard drive
64 radeon 7000

also i have done the disk defragger and scan disk, when i play i get rid of everything in the background (including firewall), re-named the avi file, and lowered my cd-rom speed to what they suggested in one of the stickies

i have the sf na version 1.10

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure that you have plenty of hard disk space free (500-1000 MB) is good.

Uninstall and re-install the game (especially if you patched to Panvision 1.1 first before SF 1.1)

Can you run a directX diagnostic please.

do you want the whole thing posted here?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/26/2003, 15:49:06
Machine name: P3N0R1
Operating System: Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: n/a
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~730MHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 47MB used, 1745MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 4.09.0000.0902 32bit

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: The file ATI2DRAG.DRV is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). Current drivers tested for a WHQL logo are only available on Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. New Windows 98 drivers are no longer tested for WHQL logos.
Sound Tab 1: The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RADEON 7000 SERIES
Manufacturer: ATI Tech. - Enhanced
Chip type: Radeon 7000 (QY) Rev 0
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5159&SUBSYS_200117AF&REV_00\000800
Display Memory: 63.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit)(optimal refresh rate)
Monitor: TTX-1770
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ATI2DRAG.DRV
Driver Version: 4.14.0001.9088 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/1/2003 11:29:58, 94272 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: No
WHQL Date Stamp: None
VDD: *vdd,*vflatd
Mini VDD: ATI2VXAG.VXD
Mini VDD Date: , 0 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-1219-11CF-6C7A-0000A1C2C935}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x5159
SubSys ID: 0x200117AF
Revision ID: 0x0000
Revision ID: 0x0000
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_D ModeMPEG2_C

just posted part of it

Turn off the music in the VIC config /setup program.
Turn sound acceleration all the way down.
Turn Video acceleration all the way down.

Try that and see if it helps.

If it does slowly individually raise them a notch at a time to see if it still works.

Originally posted by darkness
thanks for the advice it worked!! I can now play!!

Which one was it or was it all?

All part of the service. :)