• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, you need to update to 3.03 before you can run 3.04. I think you can go directly to 3.03 from 3.01, but I'm not 100% sure.

So are us Mac users just out of luck when it comes to patches and updates? :(

Sadly I think it's so :(

The development of Vic 2 has officially stopped. It was just a spare time project by some to sort out some old issues. But we don't have the resources to also patch the Mac client, since we didn't even develop that to begin with.

Reactions:
Sadly I think it's so :(

The development of Vic 2 has officially stopped. It was just a spare time project by some to sort out some old issues. But we don't have the resources to also patch the Mac client, since we didn't even develop that to begin with.

Well, thank you for your time and dedication to V2, even though support is no longer official and even though I can't benefit from it. I'm looking forward to V3 someday! :)

Reactions:
Wow, I was just about to start playing Vicky2 again and I see this... yay, new patch!

Now to see if it works with the NNM, or if I need to update that, as well...

Wow, I was just about to start playing Vicky2 again and I see this... yay, new patch!

Now to see if it works with the NNM, or if I need to update that, as well...

What is NNM ???

If it's a mod available on paradoxplaza, then maybe you should ask there.

New Nations Mod.

It does work.

Thanks.
Rather misunderstood the post in the first place it seems. Maybe a bit early it was.
Yoda off.

Did 3.0.4 ever get an official steam release? I just got the game and I have by default 3.0.3. is the new patch still just beta?
Not official, still beta, and probably will be for a long time.

Did 3.0.4 ever get an official steam release? I just got the game and I have by default 3.0.3. is the new patch still just beta?

Yeah but you can opt into it in Steam by going into Properties on the game.

Reactions:
Totally not Satan. Yeah, that's exactly what he would say. :p

Just a question why is it still considered a beta by steam I thought the beginning of this thread said it would be the standard version?

Historical precedent says this will be a "forever" beta in name, standard version in practice.

Historical precedent says this will be a "forever" beta in name, standard version in practice.
The only reason I say this is there are probably people with the game who dont have forum accounts so they dont know of the update.

The only reason I say this is there are probably people with the game who dont have forum accounts so they dont know of the update.

It's not an official patch and a Beta or to quote "something somewhat-unofficial done during our spare time" (see linked thread)
It's an "optional opt-in":
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ria-2-3-04-beta-patch-merry-christmas.898844/

There are also bonuses to hang out here i suppose and 3.03 is just as good a patch as the 3.04Beta.

Until this (from OP here)
It will soon be incorporated into the release version of the game
hasn't happened, i doubt much will change.

Reactions: