• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mammut said:
Spoonist I liked your event builder but it is bigger then my screen and i cant get to those parts. i think you should work abit more on it now when the next patch is getting close to be released as that would spur new activity with VIC.
Spoonist is long gone... :(

Pitty...I tried to use his eventbuilder got it almost working but I must have done something wrong...oh well there is nothing to do then...

Well, Spoonist, if you ever make it back here to see, I want to thank you for your Event Builder!

I'm using it to finish off a post-1920 epilogue for my Prussia AAR. I decide what will happen, plug it into your event builder, and make it work in the game so I can make screenshots (I'm not playing post-1920, just want graphics to show the readers what's going on).

You can see how it works at: The Fire Warms Epilogues . Some of the graphics changes I'm doing are by editing the save file, and others are created events. A fairly good mixture of both.

Quite a useful tool! Thanks!

Rensslaer

I'm amazed that the files are still downloadable from the link on the first page...
:eek:

Mammut said:
Spoonist I liked your event builder but it is bigger then my screen and i cant get to those parts. i think you should work abit more on it now when the next patch is getting close to be released as that would spur new activity with VIC.
There is a button for 1024x768 in the GUI.
If you have a smaller screen resolution than that you are our of luck.

Jayavarman said:
Spoonist is long gone... :(
Well almost anyway. As I said before I don't really play Victoria anymore (I do play Crusader kings and HOI2 sometimes) and not enough people used the utility to motivate me to continue. In the two years between my posting here I have received 1 PM, that is how much it has been used...
:(
To me it seems like Victoria never got the same attention from the modders as the other paradox titles.

Rensslaer said:
Well, Spoonist, if you ever make it back here to see, I want to thank you for your Event Builder!
Quite a useful tool! Thanks!

Rensslaer
Nice AAR. Glad you found the tool useful.
:D

Spoonist, don't sell yourself short. When making stuff available like this to the general public, you won't get feedback from many users (I for one never let you know that I appreciated your work :))

Alas, people have a lower threshold for letting you know what they think is "wrong" than for letting you hear that they think stuff is "right"; you need to keep that in mind in any evaluation :)

rafiki said:
Spoonist, don't sell yourself short. When making stuff available like this to the general public, you won't get feedback from many users (I for one never let you know that I appreciated your work :))

Alas, people have a lower threshold for letting you know what they think is "wrong" than for letting you hear that they think stuff is "right"; you need to keep that in mind in any evaluation :)
True. But making similar small utilities on other forums I've received a lot more credit for it and my inflated ego being what it is I waste my time wherever I get the credit.
:rofl:

This tool is amazing! It indeed is capable of creating all kinds of events that one could imagine.

Are you planning to create versions for Eu2 and Hoi2 as well?

Dunderdon said:
This tool is amazing! It indeed is capable of creating all kinds of events that one could imagine.

Hmmm...After considering starting a mod of my own focused on a-historical outcome possibilities and unifications and unions and all that jazz, maybe I can take a look at this...I can't imagine a mod for Vicky would hurt anything :p I'd just need to do some work. I've got a question for someone who's used it though, how long does it take to make an event with this?

Edit: Dur - I shoulda scrolled down some, the first non-stickyed post was "Ideas for an alternate history mod". Heh...So much for that, off to that thread then :p

Dunderdon said:

Spoonist is long gone, and there are two event builders already available for EU2.

Jayavarman said:
Spoonist is long gone, and there are two event builders already available for EU2.
:confused:
Are you referring to the two dead links in the "Various useful tools and resources" thread?

Of all the various EU2 event tools I have never seen anything as useful as spoonists editor.

Is there any help with this program? Because i haven't a clue how to use it :rofl:

I'd like to script an Australian Culture after 1915/18 after the Battles of Gallipoli and so forth. I know Britain has an event in 1900 to form the country but no culture or identity, An after the Great War, It said that they went to battle as Britons and returned as Australians!!

Does this tool work with Revolutions? I really hope so... It's got me excited for the ahistorical game I'm planning and creating events by hand is damn tiresome sometimes.

Saint-Germain said:
Does this tool work with Revolutions? I really hope so... It's got me excited for the ahistorical game I'm planning and creating events by hand is damn tiresome sometimes.

I second this query and will try it out with VIP. 02

In anycase- thank you spoon, well done,