• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

takedown47

Grand Strategist
24 Badges
Oct 24, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Since the Victoria III petition thread has proven quite popular I thought it was time to start a new discussion thread about key features the community would like to see in Victoria III (if it ever arrives). Hopefully we can get some consensus on what the next Victoria game should play like. I would also like to point out at no point will talk of genocides or ethnic cleansing be tolerated. Moderators will be all over that. Features I guess fall into one of three categories, new features that should be added, old features that should be retained and old features that should be removed. I'm interested to see what the community thinks on this subject.

I will keep this list updated as the community achieves consensus on a particular aspect of the game design:

1. Technology
-
-
-
2. POPs
-
-
-
3. Economy
-
-
-
4. Colonialism
-
-
-
5. Economy
-
-
-
6. Army
-
-
-
7. Navy
-
-
-
8. Politics
-
-
-
9. Diplomacy
-
-
-
10. Trade
-
-
-
11. Building/Constructions
-
-
-

Last edited:
Reactions:
I would love to do genocides! *devil face*

Reactions:
I would love to do genocides! *devil face*

Really not going to happen, I doubt that Paradox wants to make a genocide simulator.

Reactions:
but thats like every paradox game

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol, but seriously I'm fairly certain that Paradox doesn't want the bad press that including explicit genocide would bring. Though I imagine that Stellaris would be the exception considering it's fictional.

Reactions:
There is an extensive thread about this in the victoria 2 forum.

In short, I want a lot more political interaction.

Reactions:
Really not going to happen, I doubt that Paradox wants to make a genocide simulator.
How couldn't it happen in Vicky? HOI is out of the question due to the bad press of course, but I don't see how it cannot happen in Vicky. After all it is possible in EU---and to some extent in CK.

I would like some genocide too, but I can understand if it's not possible due to bad press. One of my favourite moments was when I managed to trap a 500k army between about six armies and had them fight about 800k men, eventually getting them to run out of supplies and getting to kill the last 300k in a single day.

My other preferrences would be more politics. Getting to have more variety on policies, like instead of residency, limited citizenship, and full citizenship, you get residency, limited citizenship, semi-full citizenship, and full citizenship. Just more degrees in between the different policies, and make so it's a sliding scale. Instead of having events make 5% of the population prefer full citizenship, have 5% move up a little bit on the scale, so if they were to prefer residency, they now prefer limited citizenship, if they prefer limited citizenship, they prefer semi-full citizenship, etc.

Having more in-depth options for propaganda could be good too. Being able to discredit other countries, so their prestige lowers, or hand out pamphlets to lower militancy. And there being a chance of messing up, so the reverse of your goal happens.

Reactions:
One thing I always enjoyed about Victoria 1 more so than Victoria 2 was there was always a great sense of urgency and stress about social reforms. I remember playing as Germany I felt pressure to scramble for africa to secure resources for my industry so I could pay for the social benefits like better healthcare and education my people were demanding.

Reactions:
How couldn't it happen in Vicky? HOI is out of the question due to the bad press of course, but I don't see how it cannot happen in Vicky. After all it is possible in EU---and to some extent in CK.

What genocide is in EU? But even if there is genocide in EU, Vicky is just too recent historically for it to be anything but bad press. Anyway if you want genocide then I'm sure that moders will include it (after-all they did for Victoria 2).

Reactions:
For Victoria 3 I hope that rebels with different ideologies fight each other, because it was silly to see fascists and communists teaming up to fight me. Another thing that'd be nice would be blockades that actually do something, because right now all they do is generate war score, and I'd also like the AI to be better at naval transportation because right now AI UK is a pretty awful ally to have because they usually don't send any men to help you.

Reactions:
What genocide is in EU?
What do you think happens when you clear a colony of natives... Or when you forcefully assimilate a province?

Vicky is just too recent historically for it to be anything but bad press. Anyway if you want genocide then I'm sure that moders will include it (after-all they did for Victoria 2).
How is it too recent compared to EU? Anyway I don't particularly want genocide in.

For Victoria 3 I hope that rebels with different ideologies fight each other, because it was silly to see fascists and communists teaming up to fight me. Another thing that'd be nice would be blockades that actually do something, because right now all they do is generate war score, and I'd also like the AI to be better at naval transportation because right now AI UK is a pretty awful ally to have because they usually don't send any men to help you.

Well, it isn't completly ahistorical, but I agree wirh you about improving rebels relationship to make them more realistic.

What do you think happens when you clear a colony of natives... Or when you forcefully assimilate a province?
While I'll concede that attacking natives could be considered genocide, forcefully assimilating a province is not genocide but rather cultural imperialism along the lines of Russification.

Reactions:
While I'll concede that attacking natives could be considered genocide, forcefully assimilating a province is not genocide but rather cultural imperialism along the lines of Russification.
You are not getting what happens when you press the culture convert button (shouldn't have called it assimilation myself). You don't assimilate in EU4; that was what happened in EU3. In EU4 things change so quickly that there is no way it is the local population being assimilated. Instead the local population is being replaced and either showed out of the province (ethnic cleansing) or just killed (genocide); given that these replaced people don't show up anywhere (which they would in the case of ethnic cleansing) they obviously are outright killed. Sure a minority of them might remain, since province culture just shows the majority, but that doesn't change that it is a genocide.

Reactions:
You are not getting what happens when you press the culture convert button (shouldn't have called it assimilation myself). You don't assimilate in EU4; that was what happened in EU3. In EU4 things change so quickly that there is no way it is the local population being assimilated. Instead the local population is being replaced and either showed out of the province (ethnic cleansing) or just killed (genocide); given that these replaced people don't show up anywhere (which they would in the case of ethnic cleansing) they obviously are outright killed. Sure a minority of them might remain, since province culture just shows the majority, but that doesn't change that it is a genocide.

Hmm, if that's true than that would genocide/ethnic cleansing. But if they are being killed why does it cost diplo points instead of military? It's not that I'm strictly opposed to genocide being present in Paradox games it's just that I'm not sure that this qualifies.

Reactions:
Tbh, I'd love to see a lot of historical accuracy. (Even though I know that there are some things that just can't be replicated in a Victoria game ;-; )

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.