Victoria 3: Patch 1.1.2 is now LIVE! Checksum [4971] - Not for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Greetings Victorians!

Today we released patch 1.1.2!

Please report any issues in our bug report forum or submit a support ticket. Thank you!

###################
# Features
###################
- Adds quick-select options for the three most Legitimate valid government combinations on the Reform Government panel

###################
# Balance
###################
- It is no longer possible to reliably max out Legitimacy by throwing every Interest Group in government together; Legitimacy penalty from conflicting Government ideologies is now calculated by determining, for each law group, the law (unlocked by tech) with the strongest compound feelings for or against it across all Interest Groups in government (even within the same party) ensuring every additional Interest Group potentially increases the total ideological incoherence
- Legitimacy penalty from size of government has been reintroduced, but in the form of a number of allowed Interest Groups or Parties in government with no penalty and a flat penalty for each entity in addition to that
- Legitimacy balance changes across Laws
- Angry Interest Groups can now be invited to the government, and will not leave the government voluntarily unless Insurrectionary
- Angry Interest Groups in government can now join Political Movements
- Insurrectionary Interest Groups in a government party will now leave the government and party, unless it is the last Interest Group in government
- Number of provinces won in smaller theaters with large numbers of defending mobilized Battalions is now reduced, ensuring they will take more battles to wipe out entirely

###################
# AI
###################
- Fixed bug that prevented the AI from sending their mobilized Generals to fronts under certain conditions
- Improved AI's ability to make smart investments in its port infrastructure in the mid- and late game
- Improved AI's ability to manage their total number of ports across a market region
- Increased AI priority for building ports in market areas that lack a port connection

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Ensured that overseas Generals will not travel to their home HQ if their front is resolved or invalidated. Generals whose front has been resolved or become invalid should now always travel to the closest active front to continue their campaign, even if this front is overseas. If no valid fronts exist, the General should remain on Stand By in the overseas HQ unless manually recalled home.
- Fixed a case of Generals skipping travel time and "teleporting" home if their source front's position is unknown
- Fixed issue where high Legitimacy Level would increase Radicals instead of Loyalists due to an outdated cache
- Fixed out-of-sync related to shipping lanes
- Fixed crash when running certain console commands, such as starting events through the console
- Fixed issue with flickering map names in culture panel
- Fixed missing market interaction texture
- Fixed two broken concept tooltips in Japanese localization and one in Polish localization

Previous 1.1.x changelogs:

• 99Like
  • 20Love
Reactions:
These fixes are great, but does this mean that we won't see a fix to the trade formula, that leads to inverting prices before the holidays?

If we can expect a 1.1.3 before christmas please let us know.

• 36Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the QOL fixes on generals auto-moving between fronts!

• 13Like
Reactions:
- Angry Interest Groups can now be invited to the government, and will not leave the government voluntarily unless Insurrectionary
One of the best changes, there's been a few times when I want to pass a law that would make an interest group happy but can't because they are angry but not supporting an interest group.
Was particularly annoying in a Heavenly Kingdom change where many interest groups were angry due to the law changes upon switching to them but I couldn't do anything about it as my government was illegitimate- I couldn't pass laws nor invite any group to the government to increase legitimacy

• 26Like
Reactions:
- Fixed issue where high Legitimacy Level would increase Radicals instead of Loyalists due to an outdated cache

I was specifically waiting for this fix :)
I hope it will also make the AI countries more stable.

• 12Like
Reactions:
- Ensured that overseas Generals will not travel to their home HQ if their front is resolved or invalidated. Generals whose front has been resolved or become invalid should now always travel to the closest active front to continue their campaign, even if this front is overseas. If no valid fronts exist, the General should remain on Stand By in the overseas HQ unless manually recalled home.
Will we be able to move mobilized generals between HQs? It would be nice to have for example Midwest HQ general supporting the defense from naval invasions in Dixie HQ. Or move him to Philippines and naval invade China from there, not from the east cost moving around whole South America. (I know, I know they teleport anyway, but still...)

• 12Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the quick fixes!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Great fixes, thanks!

I hope long term you are looking at how government legitimacy is communicated to the player, though. It feels like the "game will automatically suggest the three most legitimate governments" feature, while welcome, is more of a band aid and sign that it's hard to understand how legitimacy works as the player.

For example, it would be great if, while in the "Reform Government" context, next to each IG in government it would show what the legitimacy impact of removing them from government would be, and next to each IG in opposition it would show what the legitimacy impact of including them in government would be.

I know that because of interrelations between multiple IGs you cannot build the most legitimate government by incrementally adding IGs that give the most legitimacy, but too often I found myself in situations where I ask myself "can I get the Labour Unions in here or will it ruin my coalition" or "do I really need the Armed Forces here or can I kick them out" and currently the only way of finding that out is a time intensive trial and error of moving certain IGs in and out of government to see all the combinations.

• 17Like
Reactions:
Still unplayable

unplayable.jpg

• 73Haha
  • 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
These fixes are great, but does this mean that we won't see a fix to the trade formula, that leads to inverting prices before the holidays?

Wait, can someone explain what this bug is about and how broken it is? Havent noticed any problems with it.

Reactions:
Will we be able to move mobilized generals between HQs? It would be nice to have for example Midwest HQ general supporting the defense from naval invasions in Dixie HQ. Or move him to Philippines and naval invade China from there, not from the east cost moving around whole South America. (I know, I know they teleport anyway, but still...)
Also in a situation where my main HQ general dies, it would feel more natural to promote experienced General in different HQ to new more demanding position than hire a completely new general and promote him to a field marshal in his first day.

• 5Like
Reactions:

They said they were working on that for 1.2 that will come after Christmas.
Wait, can someone explain what this bug is about and how broken it is? Havent noticed any problems with it.
Trade uses the average between pre-trade and post-trade prices, increasing the volume of goods traded.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Countries which have a trade deal buy the targeted good at the average of "the price it would be with zero trade" and "the price it is after accounting for trades".

So if your domestic price for a good would be 5/unit if the trade volume was zero, but the volume of trade drives the price up to 20/unit, then countries outside your market pay 12.5/unit while you and countries inside your market pay 20/unit. (Although I think your producers might still receive 20/unit for the foreign orders!)

(Numbers are illustrative of the math and do not necessarily reflect the constraints of the price curve.)

This creates the perverse scenario that if you aren't isolationist, the only way to reliably reduce the domestic price of a good is to produce more than the British Empire can consume.

• 11Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
There is like a dozend threads about it. Trade prices are the average of the pre-Trade and post-Trade prices. While domestic producers and consumers only use post-Trade prices.

The main problem is this:
Country A has a lot of demand for good X, while not producing enough.

Country B is overproducing X. Pre-Trade price of X is a lot lower in Market B than in Market A.

A will import from B. You would expect both prices to arbitrage, i.e. the price of X lowers in Market A while rising in Market B.

Because trade uses a different price than everything else, however this commonly leads to the post-trade price in Market B ending up higher than in Market A.
Everything that needs X as input will be less profitable in Market B, because B produces a lot of X compared to Market A.
The intuitive solution is for B to produce more if X thereby increasing its own price and lowering the price of X in Market A.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Nice, ideologically incompatible IGs now have a massive penalty, I like the change (first screenshot is with intelligentsia, and the second is with devout)
1671013329606.png1671013421652.png

• 9Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
- Insurrectionary Interest Groups in a government party will now leave the government and party, unless it is the last Interest Group in government

That's a lie. I just tried this. Landowners were the only IG in the government, I made them angry af, but they left and started a revolution anyways.

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: