Victoria 3 | Open Beta Update 2 Hotfix / 1.5.5 Updated 20/10/23

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pelly

Community Manager Victoria 3
Paradox Staff
May 17, 2023
16_9.png

Hello Victorians!

This hotfix resolves the issue of AI using a lot of 0-sized Armies and Fleets on 1.5.4.

For those unaware, the issue was:
The AI wants to create a new formation but does it in the wrong HQ, thus it goes 'oh I need a new formation in Poland' (makes one in Prussia). Next tick: 'oh I need a new formation in Poland' and so on, creating the towering 1 unit formation stacks.

As always, please provide feedback and bug reports for the Open Beta on our Discord server! I shall see you there!

• 38Like
Reactions:
Yeah obivously it will improve performance as the AI wont have to handle all those 0 stack armies anymore and doesnt need to check what it does for them. Also it wont be in the "I gotta make new formation" loop anymore.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm still seeing hiring issues in 1.5.5. Not as often as before, but still have factories that cycle with fire/hire 50 mid and upper class pops

• 1Like
Reactions:
When will new features be added to the open beta? I'm not talking about fixing errors, I'm talking about new features like the ones they have announced.

I know they have said that not everything will be included in the beta, but I still think something will be added.

I would also like to know when they will fix mandatory recruitment, because I think it still doesn't work.

Sorry for my English

I'm still seeing hiring issues in 1.5.5. Not as often as before, but still have factories that cycle with fire/hire 50 mid and upper class pops
I've seen it rarely on industries since the newest patch, but I can't hire officers at all at Barracks. They immediately switch to another profession. The weird thing is their job satisfaction seems to be ok before it happens, so I'm not if it turns negative and they immediately leave, or if something else is happening.

I've seen it rarely on industries since the newest patch, but I can't hire officers at all at Barracks. They immediately switch to another profession. The weird thing is their job satisfaction seems to be ok before it happens, so I'm not if it turns negative and they immediately leave, or if something else is happening.
Ok, I tried a Russia game now, and even St Basils Cathedral sits empty, and hasn't been able to hire in 15 years. That building isn't even affected by prices and profitability, so shoudn't have issues hiring.

the migration is broken again, this time problem is that they ignore migration laws and discrimination and you end up with %50 indian pops on an average canadian/british state quite quickly.

I thought devs were aware and this would be the hotfix for that but just putting it out here I guess

the migration is broken again, this time problem is that they ignore migration laws and discrimination and you end up with %50 indian pops on an average canadian/british state quite quickly.

I thought devs were aware and this would be the hotfix for that but just putting it out here I guess
I'm experiencing something different. I'm playing as Lanfang, a tiny Chinese tributary in Borneo. First thing I do is switching from closed borders to migration control (because my population is only 60K and I have better SOL than Qing China).. Migration starts very slowly from every Chinese state and then all of a sudden, I get 600K at once. My popluation is multiplied tenfold overnight and things go crazy. SOL goes down and up between 9 and 15, turmoil goes to more than 50%, Landowners go from marginalized to powerful in a week , and then back again after a few months. Needless to say, when their clout goes up, they revolt instantly since I was trying to get rid of traditionalists.

Reactions:
Reminds me of Empire Total War, where the Ottomans would always move their armies one regiment at a time, every turn, for a hundred years. It more than justified my "no prisoners, no survivors" policy during the final showdown.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Reminds me of Empire Total War, where the Ottomans would always move their armies one regiment at a time, every turn, for a hundred years. It more than justified my "no prisoners, no survivors" policy during the final showdown.
Yeah I remember this, I think it was due to the Constantinople crossing which forced armies to go through the city, which would completely broke the AI by mid-game.

As for this patch, I see even more tiny AI armies now than before. Sure you fixed it?

No officers hiring hit me hard in my India run yesterday. I checked and tweaked qualification and it might be very simple.
1. Officers mainly recruit from aristocrats as only pop with qualification bonus.
2.aristocrats are very satisfied with their "jobs" usually.
3.re-enabling hereditary burocrats to boost the pool of "poor aristocrat's" and providing overall qualification in the state both helped hiring..

Conclusion:
Officers are hard to get, due to aristocrat's getting rare and being satisfied.
Note: Having 98% of the pops discriminated does not help.

Solution:
Add servicemen to officer quali bonus pops. It makes sense to represent NGOs at some point anyway.

Britain seems to refuse to naval invade Qing during the Opium War in my games. Has anyone else seen this in their games?

Edit: this might be related
1697901409195.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ok, I tried a Russia game now, and even St Basils Cathedral sits empty, and hasn't been able to hire in 15 years. That building isn't even affected by prices and profitability, so shoudn't have issues hiring.
Same issue with other monuments, for example the Forbidden City in Beijing. Unique bonuses aren't activated because the building can't retain any employees. Might as well play with unique monuments disabled for now...

Ok, I think the reason the British can't invade China properly is because of a clerical error, clearly some documents of the British Home Army got mixed up and wound up in the Admiralty. Making it look like the conscripts from West Country, Home Countries, East Anglia, and (most perplexingly) Lancashire, is under Admiralty Jurisdiction, somehow.

1697937995535.png

And of course, Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 2nd Earl of Minto, First Lord of the Admiralty, once informed of this libel, withheld all British Warships in righteous protest, thereby indirectly saving the Great Qing from the Opium War.

Last edited:
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
place for improvments :
some countries do not have an army, but in the diplomatic game, when no one supports them, the war begins anyway.I think you can skip this moment and make an automatic surrender if no one supported them
also we got a 0 armies on the map
1697964765173.png

• 2Like
Reactions: