• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

commissar roach

Sergeant
Community Ambassador
102 Badges
May 27, 2011
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Dear Victorians! We are proud to say that we just reached another milestone in Grand Strategy history - Victoria 3 is finally available for pre-ordering. With the game release being scheduled for October 25, we hope that you will enjoy the unique experience of national gardening in the tumultuous XIX century, leading your nations to prosperity.

The game will be a Steam exclusive at the release - after discussion with our partners it was decided that Victoria 3 won't be a part of Game Pass or Microsoft Store. Xbox fans of Paradox’s epic grand strategy titles can enjoy our games like Crusader Kings III, Stellaris, Shadowrun Trilogy, Hearts of Iron IV and more with Game Pass today and we look forward to sharing more details on our next partnership with Xbox in the future.

Pre-order now on Steam and get Victoria 2 remastered soundtrack as a bonus: https://pdxint.at/3KlLWgf

Last edited:
  • 9Love
  • 6Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
The system requirements on the store listing seem wrong for the Mac/Linux versions. The Linux requirements are the exact same as the Windows requirements, including the requirement to be on either Windows 10 or 11, and the Mac requirements are still listed as TBC like before the pre-order opened.

Edit: The Linux requirements are now also listed as TBC.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The system requirements on the store listing seem wrong for the Mac/Linux versions. The Linux requirements are the exact same as the Windows requirements, including the requirement to be on either Windows 10 or 11, and the Mac requirements are still listed as TBC like before the pre-order opened.
For Linux,i'm pretty sure that as other Paradox Games,it will officially support only the latest LTS version on Ubuntu but in practice works in every distribution.And for MAC,they probably haven't finalized it yet i guess.Also,for Linux,the system requirements are usually the same as Windows.
Edit:It has been confirmed by the devs on the Discord that it's a bug.It will be fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Looks like Paradox have increased the pricing of the 'Deluxe' edition substantially compared to the CKIII release (at least in GBP).

Reactions:
Looks like Paradox have increased the pricing of the 'Deluxe' edition substantially compared to the CKIII release (at least in GBP).
Yeah, here in Brazil too. It's rather expensive here now compared to CKIII. It's roughly 53 dollars here, and the minimum salary is 242 dollars. I'm a bit sad.

Reactions:
1: £100 in 2020 is worth £111.89 now, so prices were bound to increase eventually.
2: The listed price of £66.99 equates to 77.99€, so still a better deal than the 79,99€ the rest of us in the euro-crowd are being charged.
3: Crusader Kings III Royal Edition currently costs £57.99 (67.48€) with british regional pricing on steam. In western EU countries it costs 74,99€. So I'd say all evidence points to the conclusion that British customers are simply no longer going to benefit from favorable regional pricing compared to other western european countries.

Reactions:
I ordered the grand edition, knowing well victoria 3 will quite certainly have some issues at launch. But the time period itself and the series focus on interesting peacetime managements is PEAK paradox in my view.

Reactions:
How long will the steam exclusive last? I would prefer to pick it up on Epic; a bigger revenue share to the dev as can't stomach 15 quid going to steam, for what? Just drives up the price of games. Might go MS game pass though.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Yeah, here in Brazil too. It's rather expensive here now compared to CKIII. It's roughly 53 dollars here, and the minimum salary is 242 dollars. I'm a bit sad.
242 per what? week?

Reactions:
Selling an expansion pack before the game is even released... Sure, I know it's become an industry standard these days, but it's still no less disturbing.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Selling an expansion pack before the game is even released... Sure, I know it's become an industry standard these days, but it's still no less disturbing.
not really. it's sort of like buying 4800 rolls of toilet paper all at once rather than 6 at a time

Reactions: