Victoria 3 | Monthly Update #1 | July

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you use luxury clothes to make luxury clothes? Or is it more reasonable to think that the first icon the output?
I see which icon you mean, now, and I agree with you. It’s displayed much more clearly on the window behind, for the method that’s selected, with expenses on the left and outputs on the right.

I was talking about this image, which clearly says Iron Mines.

https://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/727653/Iron1.png
The iron icon just means that it's the product. It's quite confusing that it input/output isn't separated but you can just look at Wiz 2 recent teasers if you don't believe me. You can also that "atmospheric engine pump" is already enabled but there still isn't any iron under the expenses.
So it's just a confusing UI - iron mines won't be using iron

It could be but:

1) That doesn't really look like fertilizer
2) It seems like Refinement Production Methods add an extra input, from what we've seen so far.
3) The amount of the unknown good exactly matches the output of fruit and sugar.
On the other hand, fertilizer seems like a much more important good to include rather then sapplings or seeds.
Because:
1. Fertilizer is in Vicky 2, and we haven't seen the icon for it yet.
2. The rise and fall of natural nitrates following the Haber-Bosch process has geopolitical reprecussions that seeds and sapplings do not. Think guano islands act, Chiles economy crashing to name a few things.

Fertilizer is a much more strategically interesting good all in all.

Last edited:
Reactions:
On the other hand, fertilizer seems like a much more important good to include rather then sapplings or seeds.
Also, farmers would grow their own seed corn and saplings. This was long before big agricultural companies started to sell them sterile seeds, forcing them to buy a new crop the next year.

Reactions:
Because:
1. Fertilizer is in Vicky 2, and we haven't seen the icon for it yet.
2. The rise and fall of natural nitrates following the Haber-Bosch process has geopolitical reprecussions that seeds and sapplings do not. Think guano islands act, Chiles economy crashing to name a few things.

Fertilizer is a much more strategically interesting good all in all.
I agree, and the Devs have confirmed that fertilizer is in the game (though not soil depletion, sadly).

I’m just not sure that we see fertilizer in that screenshot.

Reactions:
I like the hand-drawn graphics :)

Reactions:
Yeah. People usually underestimate this but autocratic rulers often cared a lot about what the rural population thought of them, and often believed (rightly or not) that the average peasant in their realm agreed with and supported their rule, and opposition only came from

Now, sometimes they were actually right about that, and sometimes they weren't. On a few occasions with fatal consequences, in the case of our friends Louis XVI and Nicholas II. Note that the same was also true for radical opposition groups, who often (rightly and wrongly) thought that the rural populace would surely rise and support their ideas if they were only properly informed and empowered.

I mean, to be fair, the peasants did literally rise up in support of the monarchy and Louis XVI during the French Revolution, they just got suppressed and borderline genocided.

Similar situation in Spain during the First Carlist War.

View attachment 740302

Kind of concerned that they seem to have implemented price floors/ceilings. From this image alone multiple goods are at their max of 45 and one at 60. This implies that victoria3 markets are going to be extremely inefficient.
Dude do you know how markets work? People wont pay higher prices when its no longer profitabl. So goods cannot inflate forever. People just wont buy sth when its too expensive. Just look at the US Consumers at the moment. They rightfully reject higher prices. Just because there is no supply doesnt mean people will buy.

When prices are becoming too expensive, usually a Depression follows. Same with way too cheap prices.

Reactions:
View attachment 740302

Kind of concerned that they seem to have implemented price floors/ceilings. From this image alone multiple goods are at their max of 45 and one at 60. This implies that victoria3 markets are going to be extremely inefficient.

It might be a bit early to say so, since there's still a lot of development time to come.

Still, it does raise the flag that the developers might not have a working supply and demand market system and have to rely on outside crutches like "base", "maximum" and "minumum" prices to get things to work. Vic2's economy had lots of those crutches, and it made for some weird and unexplainable situations, especially when mods came into the picture with new goods.

Reactions:
I would love a toggle in the game to turn off personalities for interest group leaders and world leaders to remove that level of RNG.

And for prices it would be nice to have large bounds since a brand new good could be super expensive but then with new tech fall a lot. To the point that I assume certain techs will change the bounds.

Reactions: