• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RedRalphWiggum

Field Marshal
52 Badges
Aug 10, 2008
  • Cities in Motion
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings III
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
So, according to Fred and Shams, at present, V3 is not in the works because it has no internal team member championing ideas for development. That's fair, because I'd hate to see a pedestrian sequel come out with no real thought put into development. Hopefully it'll happen at some point (I think it will) but I'd just like to say thanks to the two guys for giving an answer as to the status of the game.

zFWOyjx.jpg

Last edited:
V3 is not in the works because it has no internal team member championing ideas for development

That should have probably been "it has no internal team member that isnt busy with other projects championing ideas for development". Both me and Wiz love Victoria for example but are fiendishly busy with other stuff.

Dont worry there is a secret word document with design several people have been adding stuff to even since HoD was half-way done. We'll get around to a Vicky eventually.

Reactions:
That should have probably been "it has no internal team member that isnt busy with other projects championing ideas for development". Both me and Wiz love Victoria for example but are fiendishly busy with other stuff.

Dont worry there is a secret word document with design several people have been adding stuff to even since HoD was half-way done. We'll get around to a Vicky eventually.

Awesome. And if you don't, I'll have poisoned you with manticore venom. How much whiskey will I need to bring next time to see that document?

That was an awesome pic, Red. Well done! Although I can't for the life of me figure out why a simple picture would impress me so much.

babysecretproject.jpg

Awesome. And if you don't, I'll have poisoned you with manticore venom. How much whiskey will I need to bring next time to see that document?

oh, a barrel will do

Please please please please add some demand substitution mechanics to that document if there aren't any right now. More then half of the problems with erratic market behavior can be traced back to the fact that consumers and factories were completely rigid in their needs.

If markets were flexible enough you could even push the scarcity of goods up to a very rigid level and properly capture the feel of industry exploding!

what are you currently working on? if it's CK2 or EU4 they've had their time in the lime light abandon them, if it's HOI4 then keep doing a good job :D.

Reactions:

Podcat, this is something I've been wondering a lot:
There is a propolsals for Victoria 3 thread in the Victoria 2 forum, have you or Wiz or any other mod which loves Victoria browsed a bit or had a look?
or will you do so before making Victoria 3?

Thanks. Have a good day!

Long live podcat, the future lead developer for Victoria 3!

Just give HOI4 to Groogy, he can handle it.

Last edited:
Reactions:

I thought Darkrenown was on our side as well?