• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
no Mana :) :) :) ,
where and when will be searched for beta testers? I once was for vic II and got for you stuff like the small storage of science you can have and then also not executed in one day. And yes, I love this era , where the modern world has its root

• 3Like
Reactions:
I named my third daughter Victoria..., now I am gonna have to change her name and have a fourth daughter which I will name Victoria.
Thanks Paradox, how do I explain this to my wife!

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Announcing the game today, and not on Monday is a missed opportunity. I mean, why announce it on Friday, and not announce it on May 24th, Queen Victoria's Birthday (also Victoria Day in Canada)? It seems like a missed opportunity. Though, since no release date has been given yet, perhaps there is still hope of making up for that next year, by releasing it on Victoria Day 2022.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Announcing the game today, and not on Monday is a missed opportunity. I mean, why announce it on Friday, and not announce it on May 24th, Queen Victoria's Birthday (also Victoria Day in Canada)? It seems like a missed opportunity. Though, since no release date has been given yet, perhaps there is still hope of making up for that next year, by releasing it on Victoria Day 2022.
Seriously it's Victoria Day weekend. Close enough, actually, timed perfectly so we can enjoy the long weekend Victoria 3 reverie.

Reactions:
I feel like they're announcing something big, I just wish they could be a little less cryptic about it... I'd hate to infer some announcement based on a hidden messages or something.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh no. no. no you won't get me this time.

I brought Surviving Mars and you didn't even fulfil the conditions of the season pass before dropping that game, then I brought Imperator Rome and you've dropped that like a rock. Who's to say a year or two after the release of this game you're not going to just get bored and move on to something else.

I'll watch the development of Victoria 3 for sure but I'm certainly not buying it until it's got at least two solid years of support behind it and it's future is still looking rosy.

Fool me once (or twice in your case Paradox) shame on you but fool me three times and shame on me!

Reactions:
The news about Victoria III makes me *so* happy :) :) :)

Developing ones empire is so much more than painting the map in (logistically and economically) unrealistic ways! Victoria I and II are imho the best games made by Paradox, because they simulate the economy in a fairly good way.

Good luck with the remaining development, I will definitively pre-order this title!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Please please please don't screw this up. I've been waiting for this game for so long now and paradox made some of my favourite games ever. But please don't release this in a broken state or in a state where it needs another 10 DLC to be considered equivalent to Victoria 2 in quality and depth. I just want you to make me happy on this.

To add on this, this announcement definitely made me VERY happy. I'm looking forward to this a lot.

• 5Like
Reactions:
We did it gents, we lived long enough to see Vic 3 being released.

That being said, I'm cautiously optimistic as of now, though I'm curious how the mid / latter stages of the game is gonna develop into.
Yea I’m sure it will take a while after the initial release for the game to fully fill the mold we al envision in our minds. I still play Vicky 2, but after playing HOI4 and CKII the older UI/map is really starting to show its age.

Reactions:
I never thought I'd live long enough. Cheers!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Victoria is (IMHO of course) most difficult PDX-game, not game-mechanism, but to play successfully. It's interesting to see if/how III continues tradition...

• 3Like
Reactions:
Now I can die in peace.

• 4Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
At long last. I personally feel vindicated. I truly hope Paradox doesn't rush this, and that Fredik Wester doesn't have to shave his hair or do any other ridiculous prank in order for Victoria 3 to see the light of day.

Dear Wiz (and the rest of the team), please make it so that:

- We have to compromise with the different political parties in order to achieve our goals.
- Managing the economy is as fulfilling as waging war against filthy unwashed natives.
- Improving our population's standard of life isn't just about adjusting sliders in optimal ratios.
- Punish us if we disregard our countrymen's wishes and desires.
- Abstract wars without removing the feeling of how costly they should feel.
- Allow us to steer the changes in society over a long period of time, giving us some sense of control but at the same time not being able to control everything.
- The game is fun to play regardless of your nation's "power level".
- All players will find something to their taste: Roleplayers, Min-maxers, Achievement hoarders, you name it.
- Last but not least: make the game as moddable as you can.

Reactions:
So the years-old meme is finally getting proper closure. This is a glorious day!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oh no. no. no you won't get me this time.

I brought Surviving Mars and you didn't even fulfil the conditions of the season pass before dropping that game, then I brought Imperator Rome and you've dropped that like a rock. Who's to say a year or two after the release of this game you're not going to just get bored and move on to something else.

I'll watch the development of Victoria 3 for sure but I'm certainly not buying it until it's got at least two solid years of support behind it and it's future is still looking rosy.

Fool me once (or twice in your case Paradox) shame on you but fool me three times and shame on me!
Well, on Surviving Mars, turns out that Paradox changed the developer; Abstraction Games was announced in March this year as the new developer. I too bought the game early and didn't touch it much (though it's more me not used to the genre). As for Imperator, well, if EU IV can be fixed, we might see new content next year (I know it's very optimistic on both fronts).

• 1Like
Reactions: