• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So the years-old meme is finally getting proper closure. This is a glorious day!
I feel like proper closure would have been to hide the actual announcement in some cryptic way. And then when people responded in the typical "Victoria 3 confirmed" way they'd just respond "Yes, you got us!"

"Wait, what... really?!"

With proper announcement the next day. The (Paradox) internet would have exploded.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
Here to express my undying cynicism after the mediocrity of the Leviathan DLC and the total failure of Imperator: Rome (and then its abandonment). I'm losing faith in PDX to actually develop and release finished products... how many more times will they break my heart before I give up...

Sigh...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Here to express my undying cynicism after the mediocrity of the Leviathan DLC and the total failure of Imperator: Rome (and then its abandonment). I'm losing faith in PDX to actually develop and release finished products... how many more times will they break my heart before I give up...

Sigh...
Well, this one isn't headed up by Johann, so I've chosen to get my hopes up. CK3 was pretty good. Not sure what team is handling Vicky though.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Well, this one isn't headed up by Johann, so I've chosen to get my hopes up. CK3 was pretty good. Not sure what team is handling Vicky though.

Reasonable to assume the remains of the Imperator: Rome team were switched to Vicky3 to help get it to release quality. But yes, I hate singling out Johann as I think he's a lovely human being, but he's afixed his name as Game Director to some horrid releases lately like release 1.0 Imperator and Leviathan, both of which he lead the development of as far as I know (the Emperor DLC he took over I think late in development).

I hope for the best for Vicky3, honestly Imperator: Rome is as close to Victoria as any of the other titles have come, so if they both cherish Vic2 and the lessons learned from the simulation pop elements of Imp, and come up with a compelling political and diplomatic system that surpasses other titles, this could be a great game.

They just absolutely cannot release a game devoid of flavour tho.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I named my third daughter Victoria..., now I am gonna have to change her name and have a fourth daughter which I will name Victoria.
Thanks Paradox, how do I explain this to my wife!
Well, you could use the George Foreman child-naming scheme. Still need to convince the wife to HAVE the daughter though.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Okay, but... Was really hoping for East vs. West 2

Considering we never got an East vs West 1, getting the sequel would be rather odd, don't you think?

• 3Haha
Reactions:
This took WAY TOO LONG! But, THANK YOU!

So stoked! Can't wait to do a playthrough from CK3->EU4->Vicky3->HOI4. EPIC.

Why not even more epic like: I:R -> CK III -> EU IV -> Vic III -> HoI IV -> Stellaris?

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
They thought they could just sneak it in under our noses; guys Vic3 is confirmed.

Attachments

• Vicky3Confirmed.png
    Vicky3Confirmed.png
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
  • 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I gues that was one of biggest meme in Paradox history

Reactions: