• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Only have a modded version of it, sorry, no.

I just went through the CB page and brought it in line with reality (at least as of HoD). Is there anyone still on AHD who can see if the old numbers were accurate? If so, we can have both expansions' CB data up.

I've a copy around, but it might be a bit before I get a chance to take a look.

I looked through the basic strategy guides. I'm looking to get back into playing this game. If somebody could get those in line with HoD 3.03, I would be most grateful (I suck at the game still, so I can't do it).

Hi there, sorry for posting here but i need some informations about how to buy Victoria 2 and some add-ons and also some mods, but i don't know why i just have the permission of replying to threads and not create new ones !!! And as a noob in Vicky 2 i really need some informations and help, so thus who can explain me and give me the answers???

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that all Paradox Wikis are having some problems. Is there a fix?

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that all Paradox Wikis are having some problems. Is there a fix?
What sort of problems are you experiencing? I'm not seeing anything obvious looking at the wikis or the visit statistics.

What sort of problems are you experiencing? I'm not seeing anything obvious looking at the wikis or the visit statistics.

I'd post a picture but this thread doesn't allow me so I'll do my best to describe it. I don't know if it's relevant but I use Google Chrome on Windows 8.1 but when I go to the wiki's main page all I can see is the banner that reads "Victoria II Wiki The Victoria 2 Encyclopedia you can edit" under that it says "Victoria II is a grand strategy wargame developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive, sequel to 2003's Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun. This Victoria 2 Wiki is intended as a repository of Victoria 2 related knowledge, useful for both new" I think it cuts the sentence off there. This happens in all Paradox Wikis, I've checked on other Wikis and it's exclusive to Paradox games.

I'd post a picture but this thread doesn't allow me so I'll do my best to describe it. I don't know if it's relevant but I use Google Chrome on Windows 8.1 but when I go to the wiki's main page all I can see is the banner that reads "Victoria II Wiki The Victoria 2 Encyclopedia you can edit" under that it says "Victoria II is a grand strategy wargame developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive, sequel to 2003's Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun. This Victoria 2 Wiki is intended as a repository of Victoria 2 related knowledge, useful for both new" I think it cuts the sentence off there. This happens in all Paradox Wikis, I've checked on other Wikis and it's exclusive to Paradox games.
I'm afraid I can't reproduce that issue.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce that issue.

Could it have something to do with my use of Windows 8.1 or Google Chrome? I should also point out that the Vic2 Wikia page has a different URL than the rest. Example, http://www.victoria2wiki.com/Victoria_2_Wiki is V2s while another Wiki has http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki or http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Witcher_Wiki

Edit: I tried it on a Mac and it works fine. It seems to be some sort of issue with Win 8.1 since I used Chrome on the Mac. That doesn't explain why it only happens on Paradox Wikis though

Last edited:
Could it have something to do with my use of Windows 8.1 or Google Chrome? I should also point out that the Vic2 Wikia page has a different URL than the rest. Example, http://www.victoria2wiki.com/Victoria_2_Wiki is V2s while another Wiki has http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki or http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Witcher_Wiki

Edit: I tried it on a Mac and it works fine. It seems to be some sort of issue with Win 8.1 since I used Chrome on the Mac. That doesn't explain why it only happens on Paradox Wikis though
On my laptop I use Win 8.1 and Chrome and haven't experienced the issue you describe, so it seems those two factors alone are probably not the cause.
The URL should be irrelevant; that's just some basic Apache URL rewriting.

On my laptop I use Win 8.1 and Chrome and haven't experienced the issue you describe, so it seems those two factors alone are probably not the cause.
The URL should be irrelevant; that's just some basic Apache URL rewriting.

Could it be maybe Java? Or Flash? Sorry for all the questions. Also, side note. I think I remember being able to use it in the Steam in game browser. Let me verify.

Could it be maybe Java? Or Flash? Sorry for all the questions. Also, side note. I think I remember being able to use it in the Steam in game browser. Let me verify.
The wikis don't use Java or Flash. Client-side it is just HTML, CSS, and JS (plus some images, of course).

Last edited:
That's really quite weird. And that's happening to all wiki pages?
Could you try hitting CTRL+F5 on that page to make sure it isn't simply a caching problem?

I don't know that does but it didn't work. It did make my New Tab page have black most visited windows though. How do I undo that?

It just magically fixed itself. Hooray! Seriously though, how do I undo that black new tab page thing, I really don't want to have to delete my user AGAIN just to fix it. I checked on the Mac, the new tab page's most visited is also black. Can someone tell me what CTRL+F5 does?

Last edited:
Is the Wiki up-to-date? I'm thinking of picking this up again after over a year, so I'm very rusty.

Is the Wiki up-to-date? I'm thinking of picking this up again after over a year, so I'm very rusty.
Depends on the page, but the important stuff is generally up to date.
Each page has a version indicator in the top-right corner. If that says it is up to date, it is almost certainly up to date. If it says it is outdated, it might still work but can't be guaranteed.

Depends on the page, but the important stuff is generally up to date.
Each page has a version indicator in the top-right corner. If that says it is up to date, it is almost certainly up to date. If it says it is outdated, it might still work but can't be guaranteed.

ok, thxs.

Hi, just wanted to ask how to rename pages in the wiki, or create new pages. Or is this restricted somehow?
Anyone registered can move pages. There's a button in the top-right corner. Though please do discuss any moves with me first.

To create a new page, search for the page name and it'll give you a link to create it.
Again, should be discussed with me first.