• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Niptium

Field Marshal
47 Badges
Oct 5, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Since we can't really get new stuff added to the Paradoxian wikis, I created a new non profit wiki that you can find here. I set it up so everyone can edit.

EDIT : THE WIKI HAS MOVED

Victoria II wiki

I want to create something very similar to what's available on Vicky2wiki but up to date. Feel free to submit a new logo, or help in setting up categories and the infrastructure we need to have a great community wiki.

Victoria II wiki works under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 license (like Vicky2wiki does). So you can share the informations and reuse it, edit it as you wish (information is information after all), but you must give credit to the author of the text you are using/editing/sharing.

Style guides and Game Version compatibility

Please, very important : use the style guides for all articles and the one specific for national strategies so we make the best articles out there.

Most of all, DO specify for which version your article is up to date for by using this simple line at the top of your article :

{{Version|X}}

For example, if you are using the :

• Base game (1.3) (sans expansion packs), then you will write: {{Version|1.3}}
  • A House Divided (2.31), then you will write: {{Version|1.3|2.31}}
  • Heart of Darkness (3.1), then you will write: {{Version|1.3|2.31|3.1}} <--- shouldn't be used as of now
  • If your strategy/article tested on A House Divided (2.31) isn't working for the Base game (1.3), you would have to use this code: {{Version|Unknown|2.31}}

Uploading Images

You can upload images on the Wiki to help visually improve articles. If you do, don't forget to categorize the image by using this simple code : [[Category:Image]] in the description of the image. That way, we will have an index of all the game-related images on the Wiki.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I can write one on German unification...

Why? What happened?

Registration was locked about 2 years ago due to spam bots, an then seemingly abandoned by the admins. Only people who already had accounts can make any changes to them.

Cool. Maybe I will write some simple stuff, but perhaps it is best to wait for HoD. I reckon a lot of the guides will be outdated very soon..

Please, very important : use the style guides for all articles and the one specific for national strategies so we make the best articles out there. But most of all, DO specify for which version your article is up to date for by using this simple line at the top of your article :

{{Version|X}}

For example, if you are using the :

*Base game (1.3) (sans expansion packs), then you will write : {{Version|1.3}}
*A House Divided (2.31), then you will write : {{Version|1.3|2.31}}
*Heart of Darkness (3.1), then you will write : {{Version|1.3|2.31|3.1}} <--- shouldn't be used as of now

Last edited:
Why on the Belgian wiki it says that A House Divided is obsolete? And 1.3 current..?

Why on the Belgian wiki it says that A House Divided is obsolete? And 1.3 current..?

The template doesn't say that A house Divided is obsolete and the Base game current, it says that the article is obsolete FOR A House Divided but current for the 1.3 Base game version.

If you were to write an article for the current (2.31) version of A House Divided, you should use this small code if it works for the Base game (1.3) :

{{Version|1.3|2.31}}

But if your strategy/article tested on A House Divided (2.31) isn't working for the Base game (1.3), you would have to use this code :

{{Version|Unknown|2.31}}

I would think that it would be considering of its Creative Commons License. There are certain things that are impossible not to use directly (Provinces page for example.)

Vicky2wiki works under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 license so is Victoria 2 Wiki. So you can share the informations and reuse it, edit it as you wish (information is information after all), but you must give credit to the author of the text you are using/editing/sharing at least in the summary describing the edit.

All in all, what is the most important aspect is sharing the information, that's what it's all about. I don't claim the information shared on Victoria 2 Wiki mine even if I create original content. Images, copyrights, game text all belong to Paradox Interactive.

hey Niptium
how did you add the 1.3 thing into my Belgium campaign guide, i was just wondering so that i can add it in for any others i write. thanks

also anyone who knows good mods should put links to them on the mod list page