• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, do you intend to develop the conversion of the production of certain goods in VIC3 into their equivalent resource in HOI4 (like steel, rubber and oil)? Or do you plan to keep using the vanilla resources per state? I'm curious.

Hello, do you intend to develop the conversion of the production of certain goods in VIC3 into their equivalent resource in HOI4 (like steel, rubber and oil)? Or do you plan to keep using the vanilla resources per state? I'm curious.

If you check the options, there's one for that now, with it defaulting to dynamic (using the Vic3 equivalent production).

I see. Now, what resources exactly are converted? For I doubt is every HOI4 resource, right?

It's all defined in Vic3ToHoi4\configurables\resource_mappings.txt and there's actually rules for all Hoi4 resources. Some are a bit strained, but they're there.

it says. Unable to parse due to: invalid syntax encountered: END token must be accompanies by an array or object token. 150768138

Vic3 1.5 isn't yet supported.

It's all defined in Vic3ToHoi4\configurables\resource_mappings.txt and there's actually rules for all Hoi4 resources. Some are a bit strained, but they're there.
Thanks, that's good to know. Now, I've another question: do you intend to change the way the population is converted into factory slots? Or do you think the "1 slot per 100.000 employed pops" is here to stay? I ask since it seems that many of the conversion mechanics are going to be drastically different from the first version as time goes on.

Thanks, that's good to know. Now, I've another question: do you intend to change the way the population is converted into factory slots? Or do you think the "1 slot per 100.000 employed pops" is here to stay? I ask since it seems that many of the conversion mechanics are going to be drastically different from the first version as time goes on.
The wiki is badly out of date, that's actually been changed for quite a while. It's now based on total goods sales in each state, and there's desire to improve it from there.

0.3 - Chen
NOW RELEASED!
(
DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)
ChenReleaseBanner.png

0.3 Chen - for Vic3[1.3-1.5] and Hoi4[1.13]

An update to Vic3 meant just enough of a change to the converter to justify a release. Especially since contributors have added some significant missing features since the last one and I put in one myself. You'll now see convoys, navies, and converted wars in your megacampaigns.

All changes are pushed to the converter immediately, so make sure to update the converter every time you run it!

We do log a lot of balance-related information, so it would be helpful if you shared log.txt from the converter directory even for conversions that succeed. That'll help us determine the correct balance. As well, we know there's a bunch of weird map stuff. If you find more, please report them here.

As well, I've created a mod that tweaks some of the significant provinces to make VP locations and railroads come out better: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3040854878

For the next bit, we'll be working on ways to make the world more active and customizable. Hoi4 modders, this will be your time to shine, we'll need your help to make this great. More on this topic in a future post.

Hotfixes
  • Fix parse errors in ideology mappings - hopefully less fascism now
Coldfixes
  • Update rakaly save melter
Enhancements
  • Naval base priorities
  • Convert convoys
  • Support Hoi4 1.13
  • Convert navies
  • Convert starting wars
  • Support Vic3 1.5
Shuffles
None this time

Last edited:
  • 6Love
Reactions:
Hi, I´m trying like mad to convert a save from Vic3, but it doesn´t open. Can anyone point what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• brazil_1936_01_01.v3
    234,1 MB · Views: 0
  • Brazil3.zip
    26,6 MB · Views: 0
Hi, I´m trying like mad to convert a save from Vic3, but it doesn´t open. Can anyone point what am I doing wrong?
Please also include log.txt from the converter directory.

Last edited:
Something I want to reccomend for those using the converter:

Until dynamic focus trees get added, something that I personally reccomend doing to keep the game interesting without having to mod in your own focuses is using the "Chaos AI" mod for HOI4. Although it hasn't received an "official" update in a while, it still works with the latest version of HOI4 without issue and it makes it so that the AI is able to declare wars on their own without focuses guiding them. Although I'm pretty sure you'll atleast need to manually mod in cores, which will give the AI incentive to expand. However, cores are very easy to mod in compared to focuses so this shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions:
Stories System Explanation
So what's next for the converter? Beyond a growing list of bugs to address sooner than later, the biggest missing piece is focus trees. We’re aiming to do something more flexible than the hard-coded focus tree generator in Vic2 to HoI4. Thus, what we’re calling the Story System.

The story system consists of assigning a number of roles to various nations which collectively create a series of stories for the conversion. The converter's configurables directory will contain files specifying a number of these roles. Roles will consist of focus tree segments, events, and decisions, giving a lot of flexibility for what a role can do.

And this is where the rest of the community is needed. The team plans to only create a few basic roles, such as country unifications. The rest will be left for the broader community to create. If you’re interested in creating roles, you can read the design document for the Stories System now, and let me know you’re interested so we can chat more about how it’ll all work.

• 12Like
Reactions:
Thanks again for your efforts!

I've just done a conversion with the following points:

what worked:

- Port conversion did work. Most islands and continents bar some smaller ones did get their connection
- railway really looks nice again
- goods coverted great
- ideology is slightly better than before. It now has 80% fascism instead of 95% before.
- For Vic 1.5 to HoI 1.3

what didn't work:

- The unit conversion doesn't work anymore. The world is empty
- Same for navies, it didn't work too sadly
- some flag issues. Holy roman empire for example has a pink flag with "placeholder" on it. Other flags seem to be random like my Iberia has a Hawaiian flag.

Your stories idea look really great!

Last edited:
- ideology is slightly better than before. It now has 80% fascism instead of 95% before.

You would expect unaligned to be the default. Cannot wait for paradox to overhaul the political spectrum in HOI4.

Until dynamic focus trees get added, something that I personally reccomend doing to keep the game interesting without having to mod in your own focuses is using the "Chaos AI" mod for HOI4.

I can attest that chaos AI mod improves aggressiveness.

Reactions: