• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the immortal words of Skeletor
download - 2021-06-14T140309.681.jpg

[Seriously, what is this?]

• 11Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
I thought it would have said Germany ...
This meme seems to be better for Germany in WW1 who invaded Belgium, France and Russia at the same time, of course they invaded France after Belgium, but Belgium didn't capitulate before invading France. The Paraguayan issue, I remember that the Paraguayans never arrived in Uruguayan territory during the war.

Reactions:
well germany didn't lose 70% of it's adult population during WW1 so I'd still say paraguay got relatively worse off, also at least germany went to war against countries similar in size and power, in the meanwhile look at paraguay and look at brazil, argentina and uruguay

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
650'000 dead and almost a million of wounded on the italian side, more than 400'000 dead and 1'200'000 wounded on A-H's side. Vicious and bloody fighting went on for almost 4 years, on a relatively small sized front going from the karst to the freezing alpine peaks. Italian divisions fought on the western and balkan front too.
I never heard anyone in Italy saying they won the war alone.

Post based on insulting and false premises, congratulations. And do not start with the "it's just a meme" excuse, because there are a lot of funny and high quality history memes out there.
Coming from someone who had ancestors fighting on both sides of the trenches.

• 26Haha
  • 10Like
Reactions:
650'000 dead and almost a million of wounded on the italian side, more than 400'000 dead and 1'200'000 wounded on A-H's side. Vicious and bloody fighting went on for almost 4 years, on a relatively small sized front going from the karst to the freezing alpine peaks. Italian divisions fought on the western and balkan front too.
I never heard anyone in Italy saying they won the war alone.

Post based on insulting and false premises, congratulations. And do not start with the "it's just a meme" excuse, because there are a lot of funny and high quality history memes out there.
Coming from someone who had ancestors fighting on both sides of the trenches.
Ofcourse I start with "it's just a meme", since memes are genuine satire™.

If you can go through four pages of this thread and only feel offended now, because of your ancestors, then I can't take you seriously.

But for some historical context: The italians of the time felt themselves very much as victors that got betrayed by their allies at the peace conference. This was a major factor in mussolinis rise to power.

• 1Like
Reactions: