• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

awk_scytale

Recruit
26 Badges
Apr 30, 2021
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Just joined the open beta today. Using a previous save from before this patch, my 2 friends that joined had very long loading times in the lobby. On my side (host) I could see the "Joining x%" message loading very slowly.

Is this expected?

Upvote 0
Just joined the open beta today. Using a previous save from before this patch, my 2 friends that joined had very long loading times in the lobby. On my side (host) I could see the "Joining x%" message loading very slowly.

Is this expected?
Out of curiosity what kind of times are 'very long'? My wife and I were able to join each other's games yesterday (PCs are on the same network, in the same room), and it did take a bit of time - probably around a minute or two to load into the game. I assume this time is some kind of map/save transfer that is validated/error checked to ensure everyone is on the same exact starting state.

Personally this didn't raise any red flags to me since I assumed the data was not insignificant for the map/save details - even at the start of a new game. Was this significantly faster before this beta version?

-Resok

Then again, joining players (clients) also used to have ~3 session interruptions per game, having to reconnect to it after each one. We haven't been noticing any of that in this playthrough.

Approx 5-7 minutes. Used to be almost instant, or at least unnoticeable.

Interesting. Has this happened multiple times? Any particular notable things you can think to include? Any detail is appreciated!

Then again, joining players (clients) also used to have ~3 session interruptions per game, having to reconnect to it after each one. We haven't been noticing any of that in this playthrough.
Good to hear!

To some extent this was an intended change where we traded speed of save game transfers for stability of the connection to the server. However with the feedback we've gathered from your reports it seems like we might have gone a bit too far. There's an updated post in the forum but I'll repeat some information here because it's relevant to this report.

Effective from now we have tweaked some parameters to speed up the save game transfer.
According to our internal testing the save game transfer time should at least be halved with the updated settings for the open beta test please get back in touch with us if you do another multiplayer test with your friends.

Also it's super important to us to know if you start encountering any new issues with getting thrown back out into the main menu of the game after trying to join a multiplayer game.

Thanks for your reporting so far!