• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Garbon

Sultan d'Afrique
75 Badges
Feb 1, 2002
www.crystalempiregames.com
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Deus Vult
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Last edited:
Yes, FTG still rules!

Just a thought: provided that the agceep file is working with the old event coding, do we need to implement the new commands, such as cores, revolt risks and probabilities to get the desired but already scripted events?

Yes, FTG still rules!

Just a thought: provided that the agceep file is working with the old event coding, do we need to implement the new commands, such as cores, revolt risks and probabilities to get the desired but already scripted events?

Yes, for the next version it would definitely make sense to look at our old sequences and see how we can enhance them. It would be good to reduce the amount of the events in the reformation mod as now we can just have one MUS event to generate probabilites for a province.

Just to know:

is the addcore /removecore working with ftg (default as national, I believe!?) or do we need to split it into the three new provided commands: national , claim and cb?

I don't know or can't actually remember how to use the MUS events now. I don't have much documentation apart from this thread by Third Angel.

Just to know:

is the addcore /removecore working with ftg (default as national, I believe!?) or do we need to split it into the three new provided commands: national , claim and cb?

I don't know or can't actually remember how to use the MUS events now. I don't have much documentation apart from this thread by Third Angel.

Yes those commands work fine, but we are still better off switching them to gain the new functionality. (Like claims that only turn to national cores if you've held the target province long enough) Addcore was deprecated but still works.

In the reformation mod, each province has several MUS events to determine the probability of the province converting. This is because the % chance of each action was fixed in EU2. How that we can change the probability that the AI will select an option, we won't need the others.

Example:

Instead of the following:
Code:
#Hannover
event = {
    id = 717031001
    trigger = {
        OR = {
            provincereligion = { province = 310 data = catholic }
            provincereligion = { province = 310 data = reformed }
        }
        flag = [SmallProtestant]
    }
    random = no
    country = MUS
    name = "AI_EVENT"
    desc = "717031001"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1523 }
    offset = 1400
    deathdate = { day = 0 month = january year = 1527 }

action_a = {
        name = "OK"
        #Cascade to next
        command = { type = trigger which = 717031002 }
    }
    action_b = {
        name = "OK"
        command = { }
    }
    action_c = {
        name = "OK"
        command = { }
    }
    action_d = {
        name = "OK"
        command = { }
    }
}

#Hannover, triggered from the previous one
event = {
    id = 717031002
    random = no
    country = MUS
    name = "AI_EVENT"
    desc = "717031002"

action_a = {
        name = "OK"
        #Convert
        command = { type = trigger which = 717031000 } #triggers conversion event
    }
    action_b = {
        name = "OK"
        command = { }
    }
    action_c = {
        name = "OK"
        command = { }
    }
    action_d = {
        name = "OK"
        command = { }
    }
}

Just this:
Code:
#Hannover
event = {
    id = 717031001
    trigger = {
        OR = {
            provincereligion = { province = 310 data = catholic }
            provincereligion = { province = 310 data = reformed }
        }
        flag = [SmallProtestant]
    }
    random = no
    country = MUS
    name = "AI_EVENT"
    desc = "717031001"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1523 }
    offset = 1400
    deathdate = { day = 0 month = january year = 1527 }

action_a = {
	[color=limegreen][b]ai_chance =72[/b][/color]
        name = "OK"
        #Convert
        command = { type = trigger which = 717031000 } #trigger conversion event
    }
    action_b = {
	[color=limegreen][b]ai_chance =28[/b][/color]
        name = "OK"
        command = { }
    }
}

Both versions give a 72% chance of Hannover converting but the second requires fewer events and is cleaner.

That ai_chance command could also be used for the event sequence of marriage between Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabel of Castille...iirc

About cores I could implement my Italian Wars sequence! France/Spain claim core on Naples to become national if the province is held longer in time, as much as Milan. :cool:

As for the first step into FTG couldn't we just change these commands as per MichaelM post in commands and triggers thread?

Code:
cash = treasury
addcore = addcore_national 
removecore = removecore_national 
infantry = inf
artillery = art
cavalry = cav
secedeprovince = cedeprovince

regarding add/remove core, I believe that all the cores included in agceep mod were intended as national cores, except for the English and French ones in the colonies which should be "claims".

I don't know about other colonial powers as for now.

About CB cores, as far as I am concerned about the Italian Wars, I think that the ones I can sure remeber are the French cores on Milan (in 1499) and Naples + Apulia (in 1494) which were never included in the event as addcore commands. We can include them now, I think.

Also Aragon and Provence CB core on Neaples (+Apulia) in the beginning of the game, for the war of succession, could be implemented.

I can't however remember the difference between claim core and CB core. Can anyone explain again, please?
Is the prolonged ownership of claim and CB core provinces for 30 years also changed into national core provinces? Just one of them or both?

regarding add/remove core, I believe that all the cores included in agceep mod were intended as national cores,
As for all the others, some of them could certainly be changed to claim cores, especially the ones intended to be won by war. I have no precise example though, one would have to look thoroughly through the events files.

except for the English and French ones in the colonies which should be "claims".
I think the colonial cores were intended by Yoda to be casus belli cores.

As I see things, claim cores are the ones meant to become full cores once they are owned. Casus belli cores are more for disputed provinces that could never become a core part of a country in proper english, like colonial provinces but there may be other examples in Europe.

I can't however remember the difference between claim core and CB core. Can anyone explain again, please?
Is the prolonged ownership of claim and CB core provinces for 30 years also changed into national core provinces? Just one of them or both?
Cores are detailed here.

Only claimed cores become national cores after thirty years, casus belli cores remain casus belli cores. Another addition from 1.2 is that released or revolting countries only get claim cores on non-owned extra provinces from revolt.txt.

this 1.58 for vanilla, correct me, but is it for AGCEEP as well ?

Yes, not an implementation of 1.57 but a conversion of 1.58 from eu2 into ftg. It works but it needs some refinement I believe, as for some bugfix I have suggested in the dedicated thread.