• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
currently i am playing a campaign with Byzantium using EU2 v1.9 + AGCEEP 1.57, if i install the new AGCEEP 1.58 ¿i can continue playing the game i had started with Byzantium or those saves are not compatible with the new version?

i hope you can help me guys

currently i am playing a campaign with Byzantium using EU2 v1.9 + AGCEEP 1.57, if i install the new AGCEEP 1.58 ¿i can continue playing the game i had started with Byzantium or those saves are not compatible with the new version?

i hope you can help me guys

It *might* work. At least it will load the savegame and the game will run. But you never can be sure what events where changed and what you might miss that did not exist before or which events that might interest you were changed.

It *might* work. At least it will load the savegame and the game will run. But you never can be sure what events where changed and what you might miss that did not exist before or which events that might interest you were changed.

many thanks for your response, i will give it a try, i hope it works fine

i am having some issues here, i installed EU2 1.9 and AGCEEP 1.59 the game load and at some point it says something like it could not open a reformation.inc file and then the game crash to desktop, ¿what i can do to solve this?

You know what? Italians got two culture, so all Northern Italy countries got wrong culture penalties.

Which is as it should be, as historically none of them managed to conquer the south in the games timeframe.
However if you want to play as them and unite Italy then you can do that - enable the "Kingdom of Italy" events before starting the game and once you have conquered enough of Italy you can transform into Italy.
http://www.agceep.net/FAQ.htm#KoI

oh sorry, my mistake, i install EU2 and then i apply the 1.09 patch, the vanilla game plays fine and without issues, the problems begins when i use AGCEEP, i am using Win7 Home Premium if that helps

When you start the normal game there is version 1.09 displayed in the upper left corner of the screen?

You wrote you installed version 1.59 of AGCEEP. Are you sure? As far as I know the last version of AGCEEP for EU2 was version 1.58 that you can download here in this thread. Version 1.59 won´t work with EU2 as it uses a lot of commands that are only usable in For the Glory.

When you start the normal game there is version 1.09 displayed in the upper left corner of the screen?

You wrote you installed version 1.59 of AGCEEP. Are you sure? As far as I know the last version of AGCEEP for EU2 was version 1.58 that you can download here in this thread. Version 1.59 won´t work with EU2 as it uses a lot of commands that are only usable in For the Glory.

sorry again, it was a typo, my version of AGCEEP is 1.58 and related to the patch i can tell you this, i download it from Gamersgate and it says 1.08, so i have to apply the 1.09 patch and then in the upper left corner of the screen appears v1.09, or something like that

sorry again, it was a typo, my version of AGCEEP is 1.58 and related to the patch i can tell you this, i download it from Gamersgate and it says 1.08, so i have to apply the 1.09 patch and then in the upper left corner of the screen appears v1.09, or something like that

AGCEEP needs to run on EU2 1.09
http://www.agceep.net/FAQ.htm

i already patch it to 1.09 as i told you but once i put AGCEEP to load the game crashes, i really dont know what to do

Well actually you did not clearly say that. You wrote:

and "appears v1.09, or something like that" sounds to me neither as a YES there is 1.09 up there in the left, nor as NO it´s not 1.09.
So please start the normal EU2 program and look in the start menu at the top left corner. Is there EU2 v1.09?

Well actually you did not clearly say that. You wrote:

and "appears v1.09, or something like that" sounds to me neither as a YES there is 1.09 up there in the left, nor as NO it´s not 1.09.
So please start the normal EU2 program and look in the start menu at the top left corner. Is there EU2 v1.09?

sorry, and yes, it says v1.09

sorry, and yes, it says v1.09

And you extracted AGCEEP to a subfolder of EU2, e.g. like:
H:\Paradox Entertainment\Europa Universalis 2\AGCEEP

And there is a file "patchinfo158.txt" so that it´s certain that it´s AGCEEP 1.58 and NOT 1.59 that you extracted there (as 1.59 does not work with EU2 but only with it´s successor FtG)?

I'm looking for the lastest version of AGCEEP for EU2, but any link works. Someone has any link?

I'm looking for the lastest version of AGCEEP for EU2, but any link works. Someone has any link?

Not the latest 1.58 but Version 1.57 is still available here: (e.g. for the self-extracting exe that can create an icon for the desktop)
http://www.agceep.net/downloads.htm

and the beta 12 of AGCEEP 1.58 here
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...mpiling-1.58&p=8964841&viewfull=1#post8964841

Edit: Don´t use any version of AGCEEP 1.59. Those betas already contain commands and triggers in the script that only work with FtG and will cause crashes in EU2.

Last edited: