• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aceparadox

Community Manager (Stellaris)
Jan 9, 2020
Hello Stellaris: Console Edition Fans!

We’ve pushed live an update to address further crashing and ship stuttering issues, ahead of a larger planned update, which is scheduled within the next few months.

Please note, that save compatibility is not guaranteed between Hotfix #1 and Hotfix #2. As always, if you experience crashing or ship stuttering issues please start a new save and see if the issue persists.

• Improved graphical stuttering in some cases
  • Fixed crash when viewing Pop jobs on a Planet

This update will be rolling out to PlayStation and Xbox players now. The new version numbers should be XB (3.3.0.0) and PS (03.03). If you do not receive this update within the next few hours, manually check for updates, or do a cold reboot of your console.

Thanks for playing Stellaris: Console Edition!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
MARIO.gif

Reactions:
Few Reddit posts showing the time issue skips as well. I tried it myself on Series X and without pausing you can lose track of time very easily. Slowest setting move as fast as the highest so that doesnt seem to help as well.

• 3Like
Reactions:
So... no more staggered ship animation, but the slowest speed feels like the fastest speed, though speed 3 is actually even faster.
On an old save, the effect is rather constant. On a fresh new game, time moves in bursts. 1....... 2...... (normal slowest speed, then...) 3 4 5678910---23... 24... 25... 26789--- middle of next month. Extremely irregular.

That's on a PS4 slim, latest patch.

Devs, are you able to reproduce this on your side? Can we do anything to help speed up the process, like record a video of it, or do some structured testing?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello Stellaris: Console Edition Fans!

We’ve pushed live an update to address further crashing and ship stuttering issues, ahead of a larger planned update, which is scheduled within the next few months.

Please note, that save compatibility is not guaranteed between Hotfix #1 and Hotfix #2. As always, if you experience crashing or ship stuttering issues please start a new save and see if the issue persists.

• Improved graphical stuttering in some cases
  • Fixed crash when viewing Pop jobs on a Planet

This update will be rolling out to PlayStation and Xbox players now. The new version numbers should be XB (3.3.0.0) and PS (03.03). If you do not receive this update within the next few hours, manually check for updates, or do a cold reboot of your console.

Thanks for playing Stellaris: Console Edition!

Can confirm ultra-fast space battle speeds on slowest setting for PS4 Pro. My Corvettes look like minnows shooting across the star system...

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Serious question: Do you guys even run QA on your patches and hotfixes before releasing them? Xbox version is now completely broken due to game speed being stuck at ultra fast no matter which speed setting one chooses.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm on an xbox one, the first gen I think, big o black one. I'm getting the same problem with the game Speed everyone else on every other system known to God is having. The game is ignoring the game tic settings for speed and is just processing days as fast as the machines processor will allow it. This is not one machine spacific issue, every one is having it, that means some where in the main code of the patch yal put out, you made a boo, boo. I was told to post the issue to this forum rather than on my support ticket with as much info about my system stats as possible so yal could fix it. But after reading the forum it's obvious every one has this problem there for I put it as simple as possible for ya. But just in case that don't do it... Go through the code on the patch yal put out, line by line if ya have to, identify all changes made that have anything to do with time/speed progression, and revert them back to what ever they were befor the patch, then put out your hot fix. K,k? Yeah, sound good? Yup, thought so.

Reactions:
I'm on an xbox one, the first gen I think, big o black one. I'm getting the same problem with the game Speed everyone else on every other system known to God is having. The game is ignoring the game tic settings for speed and is just processing days as fast as the machines processor will allow it. This is not one machine spacific issue, every one is having it, that means some where in the main code of the patch yal put out, you made a boo, boo. I was told to post the issue to this forum rather than on my support ticket with as much info about my system stats as possible so yal could fix it. But after reading the forum it's obvious every one has this problem there for I put it as simple as possible for ya. But just in case that don't do it... Go through the code on the patch yal put out, line by line if ya have to, identify all changes made that have anything to do with time/speed progression, and revert them back to what ever they were befor the patch, then put out your hot fix. K,k? Yeah, sound good? Yup, thought so.
No need to be cocky little bunny

• 1Like
Reactions:
Having the same issues as the above. Series X. Wasn’t happening until this update was pushed. Slow speed is for some reason the fastest speed & will skip entire days in very rapid succession. Happens on all games & after I restart the console & uninstall/reinstall.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Playing on Xbox Series X. Ships still stutter and the time goes FAST. At first i thought i could trudge through it. But things go to fast and is almost unplayable. Tried setting a new game. (Which didn't work). Then i tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still didn't work. I can't conquer the stars and genocide fungus aliens i don't like, like this. :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, new update! ......oh.

I can confirm what everyone else is saying, the game speed is way too fast now, even on the slowest game speed (on Xbox Series X). Its pretty much unplayable now, especially when you're in a war attempting to keep an eye on enemy fleet movements across the galaxy.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Yes, new update! ......oh.

I can confirm what everyone else is saying, the game speed is way too fast now, even on the slowest game speed (on Xbox Series X). Its pretty much unplayable now, especially when you're in a war attempting to keep an eye on enemy fleet movements across the galaxy.
Agree lol, it’s unplayable. Just have to be patient I guess. The devs definitely must know by now that this is happening.

• 2Like
Reactions: