• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Hello Console Edition Fans!

We’re really excited to get the free Verne Update as well as the Lithoids Species Pack out to Console Edition players. This update lays the groundwork for a lot of cool things that are Coming Soon™.

We are aware that some players are having issues with the new update, and we have just released a patch that may help you with some of the various issues you’ve been having in the game.

The Tantalus Devs have been great at investigating fixes for most of the major issues reported by the Community and have been able to put together a hotfix very quickly (with the help of your Bug Reports and tickets!) to address the most glaring crashing and performance issues, while some other issues will be addressed in a larger patch scheduled within the next few months. As always, you can report bugs here, and please report crashing issues by opening a ticket.

Patch Notes: Stellaris: Console Edition 2.6.3 - Hotfix #1:
Please note: Save compatibility between the release 2.6.3 and the hotfix is not guaranteed, and should you experience crashing issues after the hotfix, please start a new save to see if the issues persist.

Crash Fixes:
• Fixed crash after viewing Federation Laws
• Fixed crash when demolishing a building
• Fixed crash in Planets and Sectors screen
• Fixed crash on offering a Trade after filling up an offer
• Fixed crash after inviting new members to a created Federation
• Fixed crash when PS4 system language set to Chinese

Performance Improvements:
• Fixes to poor performance in Multiplayer
• Fixed multiple performance issues sorting Starbases in outliner
• Improved rendering performance
• Starbase updates in Outliner now faster
• Reduced database lookups for Starbases
• Improved balancing of Render2D worker threads
• Fixed performance issue in Opinion Map Mode

One issue that we were hoping to have addressed was the issue of multiplayer desyncs. Unfortunately, this issue has proven to be more complicated than we first imagined, and rather than make everyone wait for a larger update that includes these fixes, we have decided to go live with a smaller hotfix, and do the further update when it becomes available. However, it is hoped that the multiplayer performance improvements will reduce the likelihood and impact of the desync issues.

We do have a list of mitigation measures that we have anecdotal evidence of helping those of you who are having issues with multiplayer.

Please note: These are not guaranteed to completely stop desyncs, only mitigate their effects and reduce their likelihood.

• Have the best console and connection host (ie. if Series X and Series S play together, have the Series X host)
  • Run the first year at Normal Speed, wait at least 5 days into the new year before increasing game speed
  • If a desync occurs, leave the game paused, and have the desynced player rejoin the game. Play the remainder of the year on normal speed, and wait 5 days into the new year before moving up the game speed
  • If a desync occurs after a hot join, it’s fine to continue playing until the desynced player is impacted (ie. can’t build/control ships, starbases, planets, etc). Then pause, save, have the desynced player rejoin the game, and run the rest of the year on normal.
  • Do not issue any ship or planetary orders while the game is paused.
  • Do not use Pre-2.6.3 hotfix saves.

We will be closely monitoring performance, bug reports, and tickets related to crashing and performance issues. As always, you can report bugs here, and please report crashing issues by opening a ticket.

Thanks for your feedback and patience and we hope you enjoy playing this new version of Stellaris: Console Edition!

• 8Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Well thats dissapointing alot for me. Stuttering and laggins is EVEN worse, even on menus, on galaxy map etc... and is year 2350 for me. I really like this game but this superBUG is dealbreaker for me and I dont want to play Stellaris anymore.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Does this fix the stuttering of ships and star bases?
Nope, just tested it. Really disappointed about that because that is a gamebreaker for me...
Well thats dissapointing alot for me. Stuttering and laggins is EVEN worse, even on menus, on galaxy map etc... and is year 2350 for me. I really like this game but this superBUG is dealbreaker for me and I dont want to play Stellaris anymore.
Same here. Started a new game and expierienced heavy stuttering directly from the beginning.

Are any of you experiencing this on a new save? :(