• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BogMod

Field Marshal
108 Badges
Jul 10, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Ahh Venice. Now I won't deny the inspiration here. I recently saw that Stellaris is getting MegaCorps! Which means we need to find another way to make money while we wait for that to come out. So we turn to Venice which is surely the MegaCorp of its time yes? YES!? Yes. So come on everyone and let us sign up to serve the Doge and dominate all the money in the world. If we aren't the richest by the end of things I will be very disappointed. Money! Feel free to comment here or at my channel.

Playlist

There are ways one can manipulate an early crippling war with the Ottoman Empire but I will avoid such gamey things. Instead we will struggle against them in other ways.

Northern Italy is wonderful wonderful land to expand into. Of course the trick of course lies in taking it all while managing all the hate doing that will generate.

Venice will be the lynch pin that will hold the threat of the Ottoman Empire at bay. Being sieged and conquered is bad for business.

Venice needs more boats. Direct all the trade right to my wonderful island which is full of wonderful rich merchants.

I definitely need to slowly invade my way west. Easiest way to get towards the Genoa trade node. Then I can get all the trade monies.

For a bunch of merchants we are doing pretty solidly I think. Venice commands respect for more than just the money we have.

Venice will be the mighty bulwark to protect Europe from the Ottoman Empire. When monarchs fail to act the people will!

Closer and closer to the Genoa trade node. I of course will get to it in proper fashion by going overland to get at its sweet sweet money.

I like to think that this show of strength will keep the Ottoman Empire from looking into the west for lands and war.

Plans will need to be made about how to get all my lands. I mean yes yes yes, all the ducats. However this is a game where painting the map with my colour is important! I can RP an excuse for it I think...

Early game aggressive expansion is very dangerous for my situation. It if anything could break my alliances and make me vulnerable to the eastern threat.

Venice pulling in the cash we are number one! We might be small but we punch so much above our weight I think.

Strong gains into Genoa. More coast will also mean more boats. More ports as well as those trade nodes go to the hands of the only ones who can properly manage them which is of course Venice.

The Pope strikes back! Not content with how he has been weakened the Pope receives the will of God and that will is to conquer lands from Naples.

I take a deep satisfaction at the destruction of Genoa.

France saved by the might of Venice! What kind of world do we live in? It is a weird land, a weird time.

A little more coast is mine. Good! This gives me of course even more boats! To control and dominate the trade around our wonderful Republic.

Austria you need this. You haven't taken any of your usual personal unions your lands are weak you must eat.

Good work Austria. You needed that land. Your political game so far has been a little bit underwhelming all things considered. Unlike the politicians of Venice of course.