• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(61489)

The Stoker
Oct 5, 2006
With only two EU1 AARs left and one of them coming to an end I think it's time we started another one. We have to make sure we are not forgotten in the hubbub that is EU3. However, I haven't the slightest idea of which country to be, so I'm just going to pick one at random.

I'll start her off in a day or two, when I have the time to get settled in.

Last edited:
Well, if you mean mine drawing towards the end, don't worry, I'll start another AAR afterwards-and it will have some nice surprises, I think! However, I'm glad there is a new AAR here. How are you going to decide?

Sounds like an interesting concept, shall be cool to see what country you end up playing and how it works out :)

Glad to hear it Bunny. To be honest, I don't know how I'll decide. Randomly I guess, but how that shall be achieved I'll have to find out. Perhaps with a complex mathematical equation.

It's not really much of a concept actually. All I'm doing is picking a country at random and then playing normally. I guess I could expand on the random element and play the game, making all important decisions by pulling the options out of a hat. Hmm... :rolleyes:

Um, I have an idea. Do you play IGC? If yes, you could start up the IGC setup program, say a number (not too big) and then see what country does that number correspond to in the list you select the countries from.

I have a friend who recently bought Eu1. I'll try to recruit him for this forum! I don't want the game that introduced me to the Paradox series just...die.

Decision

I do play IGC. However, I've already decided the most appropriate way to pick my country: Pulling it out of a hat.
This is where You get to (indirectly) decide which country I end up being.

Vote on which hat I will draw from*:
  • My awesome flame beanie
  • My old, wide-brimmed cricket hat
  • My Pokemon hat that I've had since I was nine

Now get voting!†

*If the highest amount of votes is achieved by two or more contestants it will result in a fight to the death between the competing hats. The loser of the death match will be drawn from. †Vote as many times as you like (please use your discretion). Voting costs 0¢ per post. Voting will conclude on 15/3/07, 18:35 EST(GMT+10:00).

Last edited:
Oh wow, What a contest! The flame beanie and cricket hat are NECK AND NECK! Stay tuned for important updates in this year's hat-off.

Then i will vote on the pokémon hat. Just cause.

:eek:o

The Pokemon hat has flown from last place all the way up to first! The closing hours of this race are getting more and more exciting as it goes on. Don't forget to vote by the way, you've only got another 2 hours and 15 minutes before the polls close.

Oh and Lord Finnish, I'm afraid I don't have the option to play Tibet in EU1. If I did, however, I would have probably chosen it and forgotten about this random thing.

Last edited:
Voting over

Voting is OVER! What an exciting race! Looks like the Pokemon hat retained it's lead and stuck with first place all the way to the end. Congratulations Pokemon hat! What do you have to say to all your adoring fans?

Um.. Okay then! Drawing of the country will begin ... NOW!

And the winner, of the 2007 Random EU1 AAR Country Draw is ...

VENICE!

*Crowd goes wild*

Last edited: