• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BetrunkenerSeamus

Second Lieutenant
89 Badges
Jun 13, 2010
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
After some time my functioning underground stopped working. For some odd reason trains won't enter the depot to end their journey. To better understand my problem I'm going to explain that particular network.

The metro line is a circular line on the biggest island of the first campaing map (Modern Times). I have to lines (one clockwise, the other counterclockwise), both coming from one depot. To create a "real" circular line the line ends at the opposite side of the first station (station in that case means to station right next to each other, one for each direction). That means that all trains use a seperate tunnel to change the direction to enter the first station "from the wrong side". After that they return to the depot.
Here is a screenshot of the network. The red line is the beginning of the line, blue is after it finished the circle and the train is coming back, changing the direction and heading into the depot.
2015-08-17_00002.jpg

I already tried different things to solve this problem but sadly to no avail:

1. Head directly to the depot after the last real stop (upper left corner on the image), so no extra line heading to the first station to end the loop
2. Changing the timetable from 30min to 1h or 2h
3. Moving the depot
4. First depot was small, now I use the bigger one

I noticed something very peculiar with my trains. Several trains wait to get inside the depot while only one (actually two because of the two lines, but only one in each direction) train is on the circle. Only when those trains head back to the depot two trains can arrive and departue. After two trains departed I get the "Vehicles don't fit in!" message and they all wait until those two trains want to get back. Than everything happens again: two trains enter, two trains leave.

On the southern island a similar network exist and there are no problems. A third metro line connects both circles with a straight line (sharing multiple stations).

Has anyone encounterd this problem before? Any solution? A second depot? I still don't know why this happend. For several weeks this circle line worked without a problem and suddenly they can't enter the depot. o_O

Did you try turning the line off and back on?
I can see that you have reached the maintenance capacity; however, the depots can fit I think 150% of their maintenance capacity (although not repair them all at the same time).

I know this used also happen if lines cross each other too much. I build my metro lines so there is y-splits from a line, but never a crossing of lines (i.e. I would rather build a bridge/tunnel with single lane track and connect to the with a y-split. That way trains will never have to wait for oncoming traffic (especially near a depot or station).
I also have y-splits coming out of every depot (separate tunnels) with the return tunnel being long to support a line of standing vehicles for off-peak times.