• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yo,

Do you have a save around with the situation to reproduce ? Because the thing is that there are many edge cases, and we've fixed some recently (including for 2.8), but there might be some still around.

Cheers

Arthur

Duke of Flanders tried to revoke a county, the count got killed in battle, Duke of Flanders inherited the county and became independent from me (King of West Francia)

Attachments

• Ironman_West_Francia.ck2
    2,1 MB · Views: 11
I can't reproduce this issue at the moment. I've tried following what you mentioned @Creeth but the county reverted back to duke of Flanders who then stayed under Charlemagne, so either something else not described there happened, or there is something fishy (old save ? mods ? black magic ? could be anything...)

I've also tried various other tyranny wars and revolts scenarii but didn't manage to get the thing to happen again. If you have an *exact* repro on how to get it, it'd be greatly appreciated, because it looks like a tricky edge case.

Cheers

Arthur

I was a duke under an ai king, my son I granted some land rebelled when i tried to imprison him after he tried to kill me, he died during the war (he was burned at the stake I think his attempt to kill me may have been part of a cult of Kali event) and i was confused for a minute when I was now no longer under my king. I saved immediately after it happened cause i remembered this thread after I figured out what happened. Additional info not sure if matters or not: This is multiplayer game save, I was not the host, host had the dlc I do not.

Attachments

• weirdrevoltinheiretance.ck2
    8,3 MB · Views: 2
I dont know my situation would suit this thread, but I've got vassal independent problem so I report here.

I was playing as the Emperor of the Tibetan empire.
One of my vassal king of Kham conquered kingdom of Amdo which was also one of my vassals title.
And then he got instantly independent with two king clown Kham and Amdo. With no warning.

This data was successful one and contains many dramas, so this bug(?) ruined my whole day.

I see quite often this situation for many months. Some one rebels, when something bad happened with target of rebellion and rebels is free not only from his liege but from all of top tiers.
It is difficult to reproduce because if you load the same save it could never happened again.
That's why I always give titles only to my culture group with my religion. They are ready to accept to return back peacefully. :)

I had a similar thing happen. Playing as a king, my powerful duke tier vassal tried to revoke a title and got in a war with their counts. Somehow in the midst of the war one of the counties became independent. I didnt get a notification or anything, I think it must be a bug.

I had a vassal-of-vassal count become independent for unknown reasons and did not receive a notification. He would not accept peaceful vassalization so I just conquered him easily as I was the de jure king and emperor of that county, but it was annoying. I scoured the title histories to find some explanation, but nothing seemed to make sense.