• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A world vassilisation attempt? Interesting.
I would like to see the monthly income from that!

It would probably be possible, although you would have to create colonies for troop production and stopping points in America and the like to cancel attrition.

I might give that a go actually....

Wtbrg said:
Has any one taken their cores and then vassalized all the other nations in war, without any expansion? :D

This is beyond my ability, but I wanted to know if there's an AAR of it or some thing.
Isn't there a limit to the numbers of vassals you can have?

Would be a fun AAR, of course, if it's possible!

That would be...intresting. Not much I can say really. I'm no expert in vassalisation (I love the easy warmongering you can do in 1.04 :D ). But it would be very fun to see.

Wtbrg said:
Has any one taken their cores and then vassalized all the other nations in war, without any expansion? :D

This is beyond my ability, but I wanted to know if there's an AAR of it or some thing.
It would certainly go faster, since you wont get as high BB :).

jonti-h said:
A world vassilisation attempt? Interesting.
I would like to see the monthly income from that!

It would probably be possible, although you would have to create colonies for troop production and stopping points in America and the like to cancel attrition.

I might give that a go actually....

Post it here the link when you start it :cool:

Mulliman said:
It would certainly go faster, since you wont get as high BB :).
Aren't badboy wars needed to do a world conquest? I have no WC experience myself, but from AARS I've gathered that the badboy wars actually make it easier, as the number of diplomats begin to be a limiting factor.

kolmy said:
Post it here the link when you start it :cool:
Will do. :)
EDIT: I am starting the game now. I'll post the AAR sometime soon.

Last edited:
Hurrah! Good luck jonti! :D

knul said:
Isn't there a limit to the numbers of vassals you can have?

Would be a fun AAR, of course, if it's possible!

Not that I know of. I had about 15 vassals in an OE game, mostly because my strategy at that time was taking all cores but the capitals to save BB and get vassal income.

It didn't work out because I ended up having to pay huge amounts of money to cancel the vassalizations in order to annex orthodox or catholic countries.

1) there's no limit on the number of vassals one country can have.

2) the income would be lower than with a WC, since most of the income of the player is coming from trade, production and trade taxes, and not from tax income. So, the wrong culture/religion penalties can't overshadow the production income. ;)

3) no, BBWars are not necessary for a WC, but they're helpful. I once failed a WC attempt just for two capitals in Hard. Should I have started just a year or two earlier, I would have made it - and it was a long time ago. So, it's definitely possible, although harder than doing it in Very Hard.

4) limiting yourself to force-annexations will greatly hamper you, as this will give you huge BB whenever you annex a fellow christian

5) don't forget vassalizations don't last 400 years. You'll have to force-vassalize some of your early vassals, if not most, depending on the number of centuries you play. ;)

6) good luck. :)

Ambassador said:
1) there's no limit on the number of vassals one country can have.

Excellent thanks!

Ambassador said:
2) the income would be lower than with a WC, since most of the income of the player is coming from trade, production and trade taxes, and not from tax income. So, the wrong culture/religion penalties can't overshadow the production income. ;)

Oh, right, but I won't have the revoltfest though!

Ambassador said:
4) limiting yourself to force-annexations will greatly hamper you, as this will give you huge BB whenever you annex a fellow christian

I'm limited to force vassalisation - I can diplo-annex people if I have cores on them. My monarchs are rubbish so I might not be able to though.

Ambassador said:
5) don't forget vassalizations don't last 400 years. You'll have to force-vassalize some of your early vassals, if not most, depending on the number of centuries you play. ;)

Are they time limited then? So I will have to redo it after a while then?
I suppose if I force vassalised them in the beginning, I can diplo vassalise again without breaking the rules too much. Bending OK, but not breaking.

Ambassador said:
6) good luck. :)

Thanks, I'll need it!

jonti-h said:
Excellent thanks!
You're welcome.

jonti-h said:
Oh, right, but I won't have the revoltfest though!
True. But the great variability of your vassals' state-religions will bring you problems of another kind : keeping good enough relations with countries of eleven religions.

jonti-h said:
I'm limited to force vassalisation - I can diplo-annex people if I have cores on them. My monarchs are rubbish so I might not be able to though.
Force-annexing a country whose only province is one of your core still gives you the same BB as if you didn't have a core on it. That is, 3 BB for a different religion-group (that is, the muslims in your case) or 6 BB for a country of the same religion-group (ie christians in your case). ;)

jonti-h said:
Are they time limited then? So I will have to redo it after a while then?
I suppose if I force vassalised them in the beginning, I can diplo vassalise again without breaking the rules too much. Bending OK, but not breaking.
Yes, the time-limit is 300 or 350 years, I don't remember.

A diplo-vassalization is possible, provided you meet all requirements. That is, mainly a religious problem, as you won't be able to re-vassalize the muslims or other non-christians.
And then, you'll still need that the prospected vassal be in your alliance, which can lead to further difficulties as a DoW of her part on another of your vassals (or vice-versa) can lead you to dire alternatives. ;)

Wtbrg said:
:wacko: That's weird, why is there a time limit? And why is it so large?
I don't know. Probably a consequence of EU1 being an only 300-year long game.

Armorattack said:
what is the limit?
300 or 350 years, I don't remember for sure. Due to the probable reason I give above, I'd rather throw my lot with the 300 answer.