• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(28295)

Private
Apr 25, 2004
I was playing the 30 years war scenario with Sweden. Had the Hansa League as a vassal from the beginning, and I continued to have good relations with them. But at some time the vassalage just ends without any reason, I didn’t do war with them or anything, how could this happen?

From the 1617.inc file (which is the scenario facts file)

Code:
    alliance = { 
        id = { type = 9424 id = 8 } 
        type = vassalization 
        name = "" 
        expirydate = { year = 1639 month = december day = 29 } 
        participant = { SWE HSA } 
        }

So the reason why the vassalization ended is because it was set to end... you'll have to diplo-annex them before 1639, or just declare war and annex them by force now.

No worries, 10 years of vassalization is enough :)

And the vassalization counts as having started in 1617, leaving you a window of annexation between 1627 and 1639, so you only need to get a land border, stay allied and keep the relations up.. ;)

Açores said:
You can also edit the file, but I don't advice it.
Why not? With that tiny little thing to delete it's not that hazardous. :p

Because deleting anything would destroy the file - you would have to change the expirydate, not delete it.

And opening with text editor then saving will usually produce a <savegame>.eug.txt, which will be cheerfully ignored by the game in perpetiuty, so you have to know how to save without changing extensions, or change them back after saving.
A reminder to always backup before changing anything is also a good hint ;)

Hmm, that's never happened to me. Whenever I switch up a savegame in wordpad it runs just fine afterward. :confused: