• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I already made one based on this

180px-USVA_headstone_emb-04.svg.png

Yes, the Celtic Cross has been used as a symbol of the Church of Scotland (Presbyterian). The Burning Bush Cross has also been used as a symbol for Reformed Churches, such as the Church of Scotland, since it was adopted by the Huguenots in 1583 at their 12th Synod. I was just worried that the example posted by chefkoch looked a bit too modern.

Birger, you have an Inti symbol for the Incas, is it also possible that you can make a symbol of the moon for the Chimu? :cool:

Thanks, looks good!

Any ideas on the name? Apparently they called the moon "Si" and there is some references to the religion being called "Pecesmayo".

Thanks again for the symbol. :)

If we're already on topic of American religions: I do not really see anything distinctive for Mayan and Aztec religion... I'd like to have at least 1 separate religion for these in the game but not merging it with Inca or any North American religions... Any idea's?

The simpler the better for me :)

For Mayans.

20sun_s.jpg

Mayan sun glyph.

Kinich-Ahau.jpg

Kinich-Ahau, mayan sun god. Could make this without the "dude". :)

ft7x0nb536_00105.gif

a. Monte Albán Kan cross; b. Maya Kin glyph; c. Maya Lamat glyph;
d. Teotihuacán flower sign; e. Maya katun completion sign; f. Teotihuacán pecked cross;
g. Maya calendar from the Book of Chilam Balam of Kaua; h. Maya calendar from the Madrid Codex;
i. Aztec calendar from Durán; j. Mixtec calendar from the Codex Féjérvary-Mayer

Really like the symbol E in this pic. (Right click and choose view image to see it on a white background).

For Aztecs

78000.jpg

Quetzalcoatl, make a symbol of the one on his shield.

78002.jpg

Quetzalcoatl again, make a symbol of the half circle with rays that you see on his shoulder.

Some "ancient" religions/symbols.

ancient_religions.png

Download

1. Judaism
2. Zoroastrianism
3. Celtic cross
4. Celtic triskelion
5. Ankh
6. Egypt sun god
7. Druidism
8. Seal of the sun god Shamash
9. Star of Ishtar
10. Ring, germanic symbol of the earth goddess
11. Vergina sun
12. Solar cross
13. Chi-ro cross
14. Roman symbol for the sun
15. Wheel of Hecate, greek symbol of the moon goddess
16. Germanic triquetra,
17. Baptismal Cross
18. Tanit
19. Eye of Horus

For Maya's I'd like an icon of the sun glyph. The cross is nice but there are already so many crosses and cross-alike icons for religions. ;)

For the same reason I'd like the sun-alike symbol best for Aztecs.

Though perhaps one religion for mesoamerica would be enough? I want to include a bit more 'nations' in the region and I don't want to loose sleep at nights while thinking whether Zapotecs, Mixtecs and all those other peoples ought to bow to Aztec or Mayan gods ;). Still, could you create both? ;)

If the Aztecs hated them, put them with the Mayans. :D :D

Last edited:
If any future modders have need of them, I've recently produced a few icons. Here is a historical symbol of Bogumilism, two interlaced ellipses representing creation and destruction:

bogumil.bmp

Further, two possible symbols for the Church of Bosnia, based on carvings found on old stećci:

bosnian.bmp

bosnian_alternative.bmp

And, lastly, a common Mandaean symbol:

mandaeanism.bmp

I release all contributions into the public domain.

Nice icons. Thanks. :)